Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (WII U) $15 at Bestbuy

this game is fun IF you like the warriors series. but from a technical stand point its a mess. some of the worst slowdown & pop up in recent memory. worth a check at $15 though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
this game is fun IF you like the warriors series. but from a technical stand point its a mess. some of the worst slowdown & pop up in recent memory. worth a check at $15 though.
To be fair, most of those technical issues are limited to this Wii U version. I would love to play this on my gamepad, but I'll stick to my Xbox 360 copy that runs smoothly.

It was all right. I got it shortly after release for like $16 used at gamestop and sold it or traded it after a week. I don't know why I keep buying dynasty warriors style games anyway on any system. The only one I ever liked was N32.

In b4 people try to justify a bad purchase. I always love how people post about a game and pretend to actually own it as if them saying its great is going to make the topic that much worthy.

I don't know why this is tempting me. I haven't played one of these since the original dynasty warriors. Have they got any better? I just remember getting bored killing endless swarms of the same guys.

To be fair, most of those technical issues are limited to this Wii U version. I would love to play this on my gamepad, but I'll stick to my Xbox 360 copy that runs smoothly.
correct. its only the wii u version. ive had it since launch & the patches haven't help much. wo3 also runs fine on PS3. i dont understand why hyper is so choppy at times. it also has the dual mode, but its a broken mess.

[quote name="Fatpeoplestink" post="11549521" timestamp="1393085325"]In b4 people try to justify a bad purchase. I always love how people post about a game and pretend to actually own it as if them saying its great is going to make the topic that much worthy.[/quote]

Sounds like someone's bitter about paying full retail.

I don't know why this is tempting me. I haven't played one of these since the original dynasty warriors. Have they got any better? I just remember getting bored killing endless swarms of the same guys.
Orochi 3 is one of the best games the series has to offer. That being said, if you don't like knocking the fuck out of thousands of mindless enemies then this is not the genre for you.

Also, the series has definitely changed since the first DW. In the original there were just a few hundred enemies per stage, but now there are often a couple thousand. There are also many more moves for each character, plus there are tons of characters to choose from. The game is also much faster and the characters are a lot stronger.

what the... is GCU not working for anyone else? it shows up at 11.99 till i get to the last part of checkout then goes back up to 14.99

In b4 people try to justify a bad purchase. I always love how people post about a game and pretend to actually own it as if them saying its great is going to make the topic that much worthy.
You mean you love what every thread in almost every deal forum is about? You must love the internet.

correct. its only the wii u version. ive had it since launch & the patches haven't help much. wo3 also runs fine on PS3. i dont understand why hyper is so choppy at times. it also has the dual mode, but its a broken mess.
So when does this choppy framerate happen in the game? I played the first few missions and the FPS didn't dip once.

[quote name="whodoneit" post="11568014" timestamp="1393629257"]you must have a special copy then if you claim the framerate didn't drop once
:roll:[/quote]

I've played fiveish missions and yeah, not one dip. The character models pop in and out of existence like nobody's business but the framerate is rock solid. Looks like the patching actually worked.

I've played fiveish missions and yeah, not one dip. The character models pop in and out of existence like nobody's business but the framerate is rock solid. Looks like the patching actually worked.
sure if you say so. its cool that you got one of a kinda copy. im jealous

Thanks OP! Ordered a copy.

I've never played a Warriors Ochi game, but I love Dynasty Warriors. At this price I'm willing to take a chance.

Anyone knows when's the Ultimate version coming to the States if it's coming at all? Think Asian countires had it for a good 5 months already.

Anyone knows when's the Ultimate version coming to the States if it's coming at all? Think Asian countires had it for a good 5 months already.
Nothing announced from Tecmo Koei yet. They've been busy with a ton of games so far this year (Toukiden, Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, Atelier Escha & Logy, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Deception IV) that have been taking their time away from working on Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. If it does come, I'm hoping that they will release it retail here for PS3 and Vita (the original was only released retail in the US for 360 & Wii U).

I wouldn't count on an American release. The ps3 version of Samurai Warriors 3 didn't even get a digital release here, so WO3U probably won't either. You'll probably have to bite the bullet and import it, although it wouldn't hurt to wait and see for a few more months.

Nothing announced from Tecmo Koei yet. They've been busy with a ton of games so far this year (Toukiden, Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, Atelier Escha & Logy, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Deception IV) that have been taking their time away from working on Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. If it does come, I'm hoping that they will release it retail here for PS3 and Vita (the original was only released retail in the US for 360 & Wii U).
Even if it does get released here, there's no way Sony of America will give it a physical release, sadly. I just can't see TK dubbing a re-release of a game they already elected to leave in Japanese.

Thanks OP! Grabbed a copy for $11.99! This seems like the perfect stress reliever after crazy days at work. Some days just make me wanna slash some $hit! LOL! :whee:  :rofl:

bread's done
Back