Was the game I got from an auction factory sealed or resealed?

oleander

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I just got Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, which I won in an auction at gameswapzone.com. The game was said to be new/sealed in condition, but I am sort of suspicious that it is resealed.
The thing that made me suspicious initially was the way it was sealed. It had a line down the back where the plastic overlapped itself, and there was a small line (1/2 cm maybe?) where the overlapping part was sealed. I have never seen a game sealed this way, so that made me suspicious. Has anyone seen new games sealed this way? I suppose it could just be one of various techniques Nintendo uses to seal games....I have no idea really.
Also, apparently the seal on the back was heat sealed, because the thin clear plastic layer on the case has a faint line where the line was on the outer plastic wrap.
Also, I noticed that the manual was slightly bent, which is another thing I don't think I have ever seen in a new game.
And btw, I don't really care - it's in good shape, and I just want to play the game...but I don't think it's fair to other buyers to do nothing if I suspect something is wrong.

I'd say it was resealed, the real question is how did the tag on the top look? If that's in good shape then while it may be resealed they probably aren't selling you a used game.

I have seen Gamecube games come in all different kinds of conditions in terms of shrinkwrap. Even from the same manufacturer the game can have different shrinkwrap. With LoTR 3rd Age, I saw 2 copies at Target. Once copy had the thick folded shrinkwrap like PS2 and XBox game, 1 had the thin shrinkwrap that looks like heat sealed. Both games had EA imprints on the actual shrinkwrap which proved they were both factory sealed but it was strange. That's the problem with Gamecube games though. With no secuirty seal and some games having thick shrinkwrap and others having heat sealing/thin shrinkwrap, it makes it impossible to tell if you are getting a factory sealed game or not.

I think that was the factory seal. A shrinkwrap machine wouldn't do the overlapping shrinkwrap type of seal. I've seen new games sealed like that.

You're going to open it anyways, right? Sphinx isn't going to be a collectible anytime soon.

Thanks for the help - I actually didn't want to have to confront the person, but it sort of screws up the whole feedback system if people don't report problems when they have them. I wish they would do security seals on GC games like on PS2 and Xbox games...it would make things a lot easier (well, aside from opening the games).

And I think Marvin is awesome (in the book and movie), which is why he's my avatar...

[quote name='Blade']You're going to open it anyways, right? Sphinx isn't going to be a collectible anytime soon.[/QUOTE]
It's already open...as I said before, I just want to play it...

I have found that it depends. I bought shadow of Colossus and it came in the resealed type looking package. I work in eletronics at a
wal-mart and all of our copies of Genji came in the "resealed" looking plastic. However I say 90% of new games come in that new crisp folded plastic.

Now that I think about it we got our copies of chicken little in today and two for ps2 the plastic was messed up it was somehow only sealed to the front but that rest was just hanging off. No one tried to get into it nor did it rip but the sealing machine must of messed up.

bread's done
Back