Washington, DC trip need places to eat.

Gden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
My wife and I are headed to Washington, DC in february on winter break (she wants to see the star spangled banner at the Smithsonian), and I want to know of some great, but decently priced ($30 tops for the two of us to eat there, preferrably cheaper if there are any food trucks I should know of).

Lauriol Plaza--great mexican food and magaritas

Bier Baron--formerly the Brickskellar. More a place to go for the great beer selection, but I've heard the food is better under the new management.

Pizzeria Paradiso--great pizza combined with a good beer selection.
Granville Moore's--great Belgian beer place with fantastic mussels.

Thaiphoon--good Thai food. Tara Thai is better, but I think they're only out in Bethesda and Rockville

La Tomate---nice Italian bistro, maybe a tad pricey.

There's a lot of good, cheap ethnic food etc. in the U Street area. Some really good Ethiopian joints etc.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Ben's Chili Bowl is all kinds of awesome. It can have some serious lines, though. So be prepared to wait a little.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget Next Door, either. I'm not sure if he still works there (been awhile) but the head chef there won Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen and the food was always good. It's a bit higher than your ideal price range, though, if memory serves.

Just buy every meal you need at McDonalds and take it with you. You can keep them unrefrigerated for years without harm. LOL.

No, really, it's true. The processed food at McDs will last for years. Scary stuff.

bread's done
Back