WAT PSP game you picking up @ Launch????

Spoon_si

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
So far I don't like any of the launch titled, most of them looks like rushed PS2 ports. I guess I'll be just renting out some games to play until. there is a must have RPG out!...

So wat R you guys picking up?

the only ones that really intrest me would be Metal Gear Acid and Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower

I'm entirely undecided. I''l likely make a decision at the last minute after reviews have started appear and some consensus develops.

All it takes is the phrase 'card battle' to send MGA towards the bottom of my list of potential choices. I've always thought Metal Gear rather overrated anyways, so combining it with something else I don't like is not a winning strategy.

I'm hoping the dungeon crawler and the other action RPG-ish sounding title turn out well. MErcury is another possibility if it proves to be the best non-port demo for the system.

Down the road I'm hoping the Popolocrois title will come to the US. This is a compilation of two very well regarded PS1 RPG games that were never released here. Getting them both in one package would be some compensation.

None.
I'm not going to pick up a PSP at launch.
I'll wait to see how the hardware stands up, and maybe for an unbundling or a price-cut before I go and pick up a PSP.

[quote name='JSweeney']None.
I'll wait to see how the hardware stands up, and maybe for an unbundling or a price-cut before I go and pick up a PSP.[/quote]

Me too. If I were to choose what game I would buy at launch if I were going to get a PSP at launch it would definitely be Hot Shots Golf - oh wait, it's not on any Sony release lists for launch... :cry: WTF?

I'm really hoping that Mercury will have a good rating, it's definitely my cup of tea.

might get THUG2 since I never picked up a console version.

also have to get NBA street since I'm a fan of the series. the ability to play a quick game in my room before going ot sleep is nice. as for the rest of the PS2 ports, I'll leave them as is probably. I am waiting for Tales of Eternia to be translated though.

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='JSweeney']None.
I'll wait to see how the hardware stands up, and maybe for an unbundling or a price-cut before I go and pick up a PSP.[/quote]

Me too. If I were to choose what game I would buy at launch if I were going to get a PSP at launch it would definitely be Hot Shots Golf - oh wait, it's not on any Sony release lists for launch... :cry: WTF?[/quote]

It would appear that there's oh-so-much text to translate. :roll:

I hadn't noticed that omission; it's a pretty big one, I'd say. Though I am happy enough with Mario Golf for the moment, I don't think I'll pick another one up for awhile.

myke.

[quote name='mykevermin']What do you think is the likelihood of seeing Popolocrois in the US?

myke.[/quote]

Depends on publisher's perception of the PSP. If they think it's going to be the best new market since the GBA or PS2, then they'll go to great effort to bring over anything and everything. The downside is that this can lead to abominations like Orphen reaching beyond their native region like a highly contagious and fatal disease that remains isolated until foreign explorers enter the region and unknowingly carry it away with them.

It always surprised me that a company like Working Designs didn't do a package of this series PS1 entries. With the compilation task already done (there is now a playable section that bridges the two games) the translation task that remains isn't cheap but a hell of a lot less expensive than creating something from scratch. Who knows, Sony itself may finally bring this to the US.

I expect to see a lot of resurrected PS1 titles on the PSP. Obviously Sony doesn't want them to dominate the platform for fear of the image that will create, not to mention the underutilization of its capabilities. But OTOH, they've seen how valuable it is to migrate all time best sellers into the portable arena. Even the multi-disc epics like the Final Fantasies can easily fit on a UMD when you consider the lower resolution, superior codec, and the amount of data duplicated on each disc of an FF game.

At one time Square was planning to have remakes of all the PS1 FF titles on the PS2 but it may be better done on the PSP.

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='JSweeney']None.

Me too. If I were to choose what game I would buy at launch if I were going to get a PSP at launch it would definitely be Hot Shots Golf - oh wait, it's not on any Sony release lists for launch... :cry: WTF?[/quote]

There seems to be some translation issues or an ugly bug that demanded fixing. Nobody appears to have a firm date. GameStop shows April 1st while EB shows May 14th.

Not a one. If the PSP release is anything like the PS2 launch, you'll be waiting a good 9-12 months before the good games start coming out. As a result, I can wait for some good games, any bugs in system to be ironed out and the inevitable price drop to occur. Thanks.

[quote name='orangemage']the only ones that really intrest me would be Metal Gear Acid and Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower[/quote]

And possibly Dynasty warriors because I dont have it on ps2

[quote name='maxflight']I'm really hoping that Mercury will have a good rating, it's definitely my cup of tea.

might get THUG2 since I never picked up a console version.

also have to get NBA street since I'm a fan of the series. the ability to play a quick game in my room before going ot sleep is nice. as for the rest of the PS2 ports, I'll leave them as is probably. I am waiting for Tales of Eternia to be translated though.[/quote]

EGM Reviewed it with like a 6, syaing it's fresh at the start, but fades into monotony. Try checking out what I'll sure as hell be grabbing: Lumines. Can't argue a game (puzzle one, no less) from the same guy that brought out Rez & Space Channel 5. Ys is coming out on PS2 in another month, and will actually be the first PSP title to be ported to PS2. I'll probably grab that, if it makes the system launch window that Konami is shooting for. Also, checking out either Ridge Racer or Wipeout Pure- 8 player wireless multiplayer on each. MGS:Ac!d looks interesting, but I'll really have to see it in action.

So, Lumines, Wipeout Pure, & Ys (if it makes the window). Later on down the road- Death Jr. & MediEvil (regardless of whether it's a PS1 port- it was a lot more fun than chasing monkeys with a net- though, I did like beating them over the head).

-K

Preordered the following for the PSP at ebgames.

1 PSP
Nyko PSP charger case
Darkstalkers
Lumines
Metal Gear Acid
Ridge Racer
Spiderman 2
Twisted Metal
Untold Legends
Wipeout Pure

[quote name='Kylie_Scotts']http://www.gearlive.com/index.php/news/article/feature_why_sonys_psp_will_suck_02070458/[/quote]

thats actully a good article, it makes alot of the psp look like an afterthought

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Kylie_Scotts']http://www.gearlive.com/index.php/news/article/feature_why_sonys_psp_will_suck_02070458/[/quote]

thats actully a good article, it makes alot of the psp look like an afterthought[/quote]

Ahh yes but you should read the article the same author wrote about the PSP when he got his hands on a japanese PSP a month earlier.

The Top Ten Things You Need to Know About Sony’s PSP

The funny part about this article is that it presents a completely different opinion of it.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Kylie_Scotts']http://www.gearlive.com/index.php/news/article/feature_why_sonys_psp_will_suck_02070458/[/quote]

thats actully a good article, it makes alot of the psp look like an afterthought[/quote]

That article is retarded, only good points were the 1 gig memory stick price, and the $40-$50 game price, but even then that's what you should expext of a new system. Would you rather not have all the amazing features that the PSP has so you don't have to get a 1 gig stick, not that you have to buy it anyway, it's pure choice which makes that article look even worse. No killer ap? That's pure opinion, there's three games that already have me sold on the system. Video conversion a pain in the ass? Don't do it. It takes about twenty minutes to get a movie converted, OMG. That guy just sounds like a raging Sony hater.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Kylie_Scotts']http://www.gearlive.com/index.php/news/article/feature_why_sonys_psp_will_suck_02070458/[/quote]

That article is retarded, only good points were the 1 gig memory stick price, and the $40-$50 game price, but even then that's what you should expext of a new system. Would you rather not have all the amazing features that the PSP has so you don't have to get a 1 gig stick, not that you have to buy it anyway, it's pure choice which makes that article look even worse. No killer ap? That's pure opinion, there's three games that already have me sold on the system. Video conversion a pain in the ass? Don't do it. It takes about twenty minutes to get a movie converted, OMG. That guy just sounds like a raging Sony hater.[/quote]

Well, a few weeks prior to that article, he wrote a pro-PSP article called "10 things you MUST KNOW about the PSP". Seems a bit even to me.

bread's done
Back