Watch a 1.2 million $ Enzo get smashed

Its supposedly faked. What better way to promote his movie RedLine. Just pisses me off that they smashed an Enzo...i can only hope it was a kit or something

[quote name='SpazX']It's nice how the news advertises movies....[/quote]

and now it's on youtube, so people can throw it on myspace. or even message boards. it's almost like some kind of calculated stunt...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Enzos are fucking ugly anyway. :lol:[/quote]

enzo.jpg

Ferrari will rebuild the car, at the car owners expense. They have already rebuilt a few Enzos that were wrecked.

Damned us Americans keep wrecking Ferraris then the Italians might stop selling them to us.

Really though if Ferrari rebuilds that car its going to be expensive as all hell. A carburetor for a Ferrari is $5K

[quote name='CitizenB']
Really though if Ferrari rebuilds that car its going to be expensive as all hell. A carburetor for a Ferrari is $5K[/QUOTE]

Something tells me an Enzo is fuel injected. :p

[quote name='valor19']Something tells me an Enzo is fuel injected. :p[/QUOTE]

Maybe It was an alternator or something. I had a friend that worked at a dealership as a mechanic, and told me about it. One day a 360 Modena, or a 550 Maranello or something, came in for a once over cause it was being sold to someone else. It needed a part, and they had to order it from Ferrari. Ferrari didn't want them to repair the part cause they weren't authorized. He asked and they told him $5K for the part, and they wouldn't sell it to the repair shop.

Hopefully, this was a publicity stunt. But why in the world would you trust an actor especially someone as untrained as Eddie Griffin to drive an Enzo. Goes to show that this movie will be just as idiotic as its creators.

[quote name='coolsteel']They can easily afford to have it fixed so no big deal[/QUOTE]

Quoting the ESPN article:
"Sadek said that the car was damaged beyond repair and that he had "mixed feelings" about the wreck"

Ouch.

I was reading on another site, and one commentor had a really good point. If you see the guy behind the jersey wall that was set up where it crashed, there is a guy that looks to be holding a video camera of some sort. On top of that if you look closely for the like split second, the guy does not flinch even once when it hits the wall. So to me, its a publicity stunt...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I was reading on another site, and one commentor had a really good point. If you see the guy behind the jersey wall that was set up where it crashed, there is a guy that looks to be holding a video camera of some sort. On top of that if you look closely for the like split second, the guy does not flinch even once when it hits the wall. So to me, its a publicity stunt...[/quote]
That's true. It doesn't stay on him long though and he had a camera so he might not have even been focusing much on how close it was. Or maybe he had an abnormal amount of confidence in that concrete barrier...

It was probably staged though, what idiot would set up a track with a sharp turn with a concrete barrier right next to it? You'd think they'd give it a little more room.

But anyway, 1.2 million is nothing to any of those people. Besides the fact that it's a rare car it's not really any loss to them. They just get the free advertising.

I'm a doubter that it was staged, those saying the barrier shouldn't have been there, well think if it wasn't there. He would have ended up in a crowd of people. The guy behind the barricade was just video taping and as fast as the Enzo was going and as the guy was looking through the camera it is hard to react quickly. You notice he does start to step back right before the camera cuts off of him.

bread's done
Back