Watch Dogs Discussion Thread (6/12 Update: IGN interview)

That was awesome
Influences of Grand Theft Auto, Saints Row with a company that's behind Assassin's Creed:

GSPAsUX.gif

Might be almost over now, but IGN is playing WatchDogs live at the moment
i saw it, but i wasn't overly impressed. it is not a bad game. but with all the hype going to/ around it. i guess i expected some thing different /more. i did enjoyed the game interface, and having the waypoint direction on the pavment/street ground leading to your set destination.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://youtu.be/TgKnILJN588

Pre ordered with Best Buy, used a $10 BB GC I got for doing surveys with Toluna and got a $10 BB RC for after, not bad. Doing in store pick up, can't wait for the 27th!

In case anyone is interested there's a video for the graphical comparisons of the PS4/Xbox One versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpwIO36iYNM

Skip ahead in the video a bit and it'll just do seamless switching instead of actual comparison shots.

Happy to say the difference isn't really noticeable and I definitely didn't notice when it switched versions during gameplay sections.

Thanks for putting warning in front of the spoilers. Yeah I don't want to know anything more than I already do about this game. Haven't watched any Twitch footage or anything. Come on 27th!

It's nice to see a company go wild in promoting games. Mostly only see it with games like cod.
It scares me actually. New IP and all. I mean don't get me wrong, Watch Dogs is my most wanted game in the past two years but to see all this promotion and hype, it better be that good, lol.

It scares me actually. New IP and all. I mean don't get me wrong, Watch Dogs is my most wanted game in the past two years but to see all this promotion and hype, it better be that good, lol.
In not going in wishing for anything. I do hope its good game like say ac4. People I talked to who played it says it was really well done. Let's be honest do we get truly amazing games any more?

TimboSliceGB said:
Let's be honest do we get truly amazing games any more?
Yes *smacks forehead

The industry keeps raising the par, look at all the middling reviews for launch titles for current-gen.

Watching people play on Twitch makes me want this all the more. Sucks I'll be working late tomorrow on a project. Why couldn't this have come out before the long weekend?...

Yes *smacks forehead

The industry keeps raising the par, look at all the middling reviews for launch titles for current-gen.
My point was every game has flaws and people get to into hype. I'm going into watch dogs blind I did not read much on the game to get major hype.

Surprised we haven't seen any reviews yet.. I'm pretty confident this will test and play well, but am also used to review embargoes being lifted a few days before a slam-dunk game releases.

Surprised we haven't seen any reviews yet.. I'm pretty confident this will test and play well, but am also used to review embargoes being lifted a few days before a game releases - when it's a slam dunk.
words from neogaf, is that ubisoft is placing the embargo on all reviews until tomorrow

words from neogaf, is that ubisoft is placing the embargo on all reviews until tomorrow
Honestly I think it might be because it wont review all 10/10's like GTA 5 pretty much did, so they want to keep people's preorders. I think this will review around the 8.5's -9 range. While the game will be good, it will be good for what it's focused on. Not that it does 10,000 things like GTA.

I'm just trying to set up account things online but their servers are so damn slow. I would have thought the initial rush would have been over since this game has been out nearly 12 hours now. Ughhh....

Uplay appears to be down again and Ubisoft is getting slammed over Twitter and on articles about it. You need to connect to Uplay to play online in the game, and PC users need it to download the game (Minus Steam copies). Unfortunately Uplay has been having account issues all of last week so I bet this goes on forever, if Ubisoft can't manage a shitty service like this they should be letting it die out.

Well so far I've failed a couple of side missions and unlocked a new tower, in about 2 hours of the game. I like it but the controls are going to be tough to get used to, esp A as look behind and not the fin emergency brake lol. :/

Yeah highly expected their servers to be hammered today from knowing the initial pre-order numbers but that's the rub they knew it was coming too.

Picked this up at midnight last night and put in about 5 hours, even though I was only planning 2-3. Got caught up in side missions, stopping crimes, etc. Unlocked 2 towers immediately, pretty sure that opens up the city a bit more - like synchronizing high perches in Assassin's Creed.

Saw that the game got blasted a bit for driving controls, and it's true - they're very touchy. Wish I could remap some of these buttons.. I'm perplexed why remapping isn't an option across the board for every game out there.

I've been on fence about this game but I just watched the Polygon and IGN video reviews. I think I might have to go ahead and pick it up. Technically speaking, it might not be that impressive but it does look like it's more fun than I expected. Summer is going to be pretty empty so having an open world game to mess around in can't hurt. 

Just tried to record gameplay, that's not working either (I recorded Powerstar Golf so to see if recording was the issue and it worked then).

OK NVZN is fun! Haha random passerby are like wtf is that guy doing, oh god ahhhh!

Anyone else think the police are over powered?

Im at the beginning of game and I have to pick up some car and take it to a drop off point, you start off by having to lose the police and I swear they were on my ass for the longest even when hacking the lights and barriers. I finally lose them and I try to head to drop off point when my minimap starts to flash yellow and before I could even get out of the zones the police are on me again, this time with a helicopter. I guess I have to get used to the vehicle physics to drive better lol

Cool, multiplayer is up now and I was able to record gameplay. Multiplayer is fun.

The police's power I think hinges on what skill tree you've unlocked. Being able to throw up barriers or a bridge can really be invaluable.

Anyone else think the police are over powered?

Im at the beginning of game and I have to pick up some car and take it to a drop off point, you start off by having to lose the police and I swear they were on my ass for the longest even when hacking the lights and barriers. I finally lose them and I try to head to drop off point when my minimap starts to flash yellow and before I could even get out of the zones the police are on me again, this time with a helicopter. I guess I have to get used to the vehicle physics to drive better lol
Yeah, it is a bit ridiculous. I tried that mission a good 6 or 7 times before I...

opened a gate and drove into a huge construction zone, closed the gate behind me, hid my ride behind a tractor and sat back in the seat until the coast was clear.

After I did that, just finished the drop with no further hassle.

Cool, multiplayer is up now and I was able to record gameplay. Multiplayer is fun.

The police's power I think hinges on what skill tree you've unlocked. Being able to throw up barriers or a bridge can really be invaluable.
Speaking of multiplayer, do I understand correctly, the game randomly starts a multiplayer game while you are playing? I think it was the Polygon review that said something along the lines of you will be playing single player and then a random person will show up in your game and you will have to do a round of multiplayer. Is that right? If so, how has that been so far? Not too intrusive I hope.

Speaking of multiplayer, do I understand correctly, the game randomly starts a multiplayer game while you are playing? I think it was the Polygon review that said something along the lines of you will be playing single player and then a random person will show up in your game and you will have to do a round of multiplayer. Is that right? If so, how has that been so far? Not too intrusive I hope.
Before the game shipped Ubisoft said that this feature you can opt out of if you want. No it's not really intrusive and you basically profile the area to find the hacker, then take them out when found. I'm 3-1 on that front lol. It's a bit challenging when you have elevation to deal with as well as a crowded plaza and streets. I found my pulse elevated in this aequence, it was quite fun to find and deal with the threat. You can look at the current contracts to go after other online players.

Yeah so I couldn't outrun the cops with the 4th rank. Other than that I've been able to evade the police. It's really a cool moment to drive off and have the dynamic events happen behind you to slow them down or eliminate their vehicles. Now I see why they made the A button look behind you.

Traditional Multiplayer I played had a team against another trying to decrypted a file. The more dudes on your team around it the faster it goes so obviously you want to protect the guy who has the file. I don't remember the other mode afterwards but yeah fun stuff, very GTA IV to me.

IGN has two videos up showing the hacking and tracking down a hacker in your game.
Watch Dogs - Multiplayer Invasion Gameplay: http://youtu.be/1TLXFupJ3xk
Not to be confused with NVZN, the AR game which is like real life Space Invaders. :p

Watch Dogs - Online Hacking Multiplayer Gameplay: http://youtu.be/iVTw8nBW4wk
Lol there's a dude who commented and said he's sick of getting invaded. Yeah you can turn it off dude. It's a fun cat and mouse thing imo. This guy takes it a bit far though, usually don't have that much elevation to work with.

Also apparently you get invaded more frequently if you hack a lot of NPCs. This happened to me at the last player encounter, heard the NC calling the cops.

I'm enjoying this so far.  For those wanting to do multiplayer, my GT is "BeFlatLine".  Feel free to add me.  Just mention you're from CAG.

I'm currently sitting at work, trying to find a quick match on my phone . . . because why not?  It's not going too smooth though.  Still haven't found a match and have been searching for about 15 minutes.

So, I've now played 1 match on the phone.  It was fun when lag wasn't killing it.  Switched to the local Wifi and suddenly people keep disconnecting from me . . . or the app crashes when finding a player.

Not cool.

EDIT TO ADD:  So, thinking it was the connection I kept the wifi on.  Finally got a game . . . still laggy as hell.  This time I crushed the guy though with interceptors and won.  Woooo!

SECOND EDIT:  Okay, I'm liking this now.  Got 3 good games with one guy.  Once you get them going, it's pretty awesome.  I enjoyed sending SWAT vans after him.  He stopped playing with me after that.  I approve of this app now.  It just needs stability worked on.

I see a lot of work time being dedicated to Watch Dogs in my future.

Anyone pick up the season pass yesterday?
Nope.. not going to, either - not until I see the goods. And probably not even then.

Can buy the season pass at any point. Does it even have a release date yet? No sense shelling out the bucks when it buys nothing for the time being. I made that mistake already with Titanfall.

Anyone pick up the season pass yesterday?
Yeah I ended up getting it before the game launched as I hold a lot of faith into it. Thankfully after playing for a few hours I really enjoy it so far.

Not far through the game so far but did anyone else see the 8 player multiplayer free roam? I don't recall them ever mentioning that.

i turned the option off that allows people to invade my game i think i will play it a 2nd time with that on but just like dark souls i don't want anyone affecting my joy of single player.

i turned the option off that allows people to invade my game i think i will play it a 2nd time with that on but just like dark souls i don't want anyone affecting my joy of single player.
That's what I'm doing, too. Since your multiplayer stats all get reset to 0 when you turn off online, it shouldn't matter at the very start of the game. I start at 0, you reset me to 0, whoopdeedoo. Once I'm done with single player and just doing random stuff, I will turn it on and keep it on.

That was my initial thought and motto as well but I enjoyed the added variety and spice of the game with it enabled. I'm one for challenges too so I think that also draws me to keep it on as default.

One of my favorite channels is Game Fails from Rooster Teeth. Wow I think i have a worthy entry:
Watch Dogs Silly Fail: http://youtu.be/1ga0uRCTxkE

Here's a good video showing what to expect from a portion of this modern day Assassin's Creed game aka Watch Dogs.
Watch Dogs Barriers Will Not Contain Me: http://youtu.be/7ij0GvZ4mg8

One of my favorite channels is Game Fails from Rooster Teeth. Wow I think i have a worthy entry:
Watch Dogs Silly Fail: http://youtu.be/1ga0uRCTxkE
Fake. There's no way his game reloaded so fast at the end. Mine takes forever. ;)

bread's done
Back