Watch Need for Speed Hot Pursuit launch trailer - get 3 free cars

Hawaiian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
From EA's Blog:

The Need for Speed Hot Pursuit One Million Challenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82et_z_gTlg&feature=player_embedded

We’re thrilled to see that a lot of you are loving Hot Pursuit as much as we are. We all knew that Autolog was something special, but you guys are proving that it’s going to change racing games forever. We actually feel sort of guilty for ruining so many friendships over the last week – with over 3 million challenges exchanged already, it’s clear that all is fair when it comes to the Speedwall. So now we have a challenge for all of you! The dev team has put together a pack of 3 supercar convertibles – theBentley Continental Supersports Convertible, theLamborghini Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster , and the Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition. If we can get the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit launch trailer to 1 million views by December 12th, these three amazing rides will be our little holiday gift to all of you playing Hot Pursuit. The race is on!

650.JPG

Bentley.jpg

Viper_1.JPG

I hope posting this is allowed, I just thought I'd spread the word so that we can be sure to get the free car pack. Watch the video and recommend it.

Wow, not a whole lot of time and it needs a lot of views.

Well I'm not a fan of racing games, but I went ahead and watched/recommended it anyway for you ;)

Yet, whoever wins has to pay luxury taxes, excise taxes, and a drastically increased auto insurance bill for having either a Bentley, a Dodge Viper, or a Lamborghini.

Let's hope your local government goes easy on you! ;)

You guys should submit it to random blogs / twitter people. I've submitted to 3 gaming blogs (Kotaku, Joystiq and Giantbomb) and all of them have posted it. I think it's one of those things that most places won't follow unless people tell them about it.

I'm thinking in a few days I'll ask the blogs I sent the story to to put a reminder up. It seemed like the views surged and now it's cooled.

Here's a hint from the comments.

Don't forget to like and comment on the launch trailer so it's more likely to get into the playlists

1 Go to your own YT channel

2 Set this vid to start up automatically when someone visits your site

3 Troll, post cp, do whatever so that people go to your channel

4 Thumbs up this comment so that this noble-worthy idea will be spread around

5 ????

6 PROFIT

Posted this on some other forums - but it isn't generating as much interest as I hoped.

I guess I'm not surprised with all of the other good games launching around the holiday season though.

From EA's Blog:

Oh, so close! The Need for Speed Hot Pursuit launch trailer didn’t quite make it to one million views, but our community still turned out an amazing performance. We'd like to thank you all for sharing the trailer with your friends and making sure that everybody knows that Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is the best, most intense (and VGA-winning!) racing game of the year. So, as an early holiday gift, we’ve decided to give the three convertibles for free to everyone playing Hot Pursuit. Look for them in an upcoming Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 title update (we'll be sharing more PC news when it becomes available).
Thank you again, and Happy Holidays from everybody at Electronic Arts, Criterion, and Need for Speed!

Seems like as if we're getting the cars for free though we didn't succeed ;). Thanks Criterion / EA
icon14.gif

BTW: Does anyone know if those cars are already up in the in-game store? Or are they really just "unlocked" in a title upate? Is it already available?

[quote name='Hawaiian']BTW: Does anyone know if those cars are already up in the in-game store? Or are they really just "unlocked" in a title upate? Is it already available?[/QUOTE]
I turned on my PS3 and it had downloaded a patch for the game this morning, maybe that was it. I haven't played the game yet to see.

Edit: Yep, the three cars are in the patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back