Watcha Grilin?

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
With a holiday weekend in the US (the unofficial start of summer) I'm curious "Watcha Grillin?"

I'm just doing some cheap sirloins and salmon steaks. (Weather permitting)

Also, if you are in the US, take a moment an observe a moment of silence for those who paid the ultimate price for freedom.

Nada. Closest I'll come was the blackened tilapia I had for dinner to night, and that was frying pan rather than grilled.

burgers, brats, hotdogs, chicken, and pork stake. Thursday it was ribs on the smoker but that made me sick the next day so that was all thrown in the trash. Monday will be a chicken on the smoker I think.

Grilled all of the following yesterday: four sirloins, beef brisket, boneless pork ribs, J'ville brats, potatoes, and baked beans. Looking forward to breakfast this morning; leftovers!

Grilling today.

Went out and bought some Omaha Burgers, dogs, got some chicken breast, some pork chops, and some flank steak that I coat in garlic sprinkle in some chopped onions and peppers then some moz. cheese, then roll the whole thing up and grill for 3 minutes a side.

Then, some friends are bringing by steaks and sausages.

It'll be a good time.

I was planning on grilling some steaks today, but it's pouring down rain. Not exactly inviting weather. Now I'm hungry.

Grillin' some veggie dogs and some vegetables and maybe a ribeye or something for me (wife is a pescitarian.) either today or tomorrow. Got some Alaskan sockeye salmon that we haven't decided whether to grill or pan fry - probably the latter as the wife makes an awesome caper sauce for it. Now if the weather will just behave!

[quote name='powercreep']Grilled all of the following yesterday: four sirloins, beef brisket, boneless pork ribs, J'ville brats, potatoes, and baked beans. Looking forward to breakfast this morning; leftovers![/QUOTE]

Do you do anything to your brisket so it is not tuff? I smoked one and it was really tuff. I have tried other peoples brisket and even it was tuff. Everyone that I have talked to said briskets are always tuff and that is why they stopped cooking them.

Grilled some burgers today for lunch and will be grilling out some nice thick T-Bones for dinner.

Send me, I think the word you are looking for is tough.

[quote name='bordjon']Grillin' some veggie dogs and some vegetables and maybe a ribeye or something for me (wife is a pescitarian.) either today or tomorrow. Got some Alaskan sockeye salmon that we haven't decided whether to grill or pan fry - probably the latter as the wife makes an awesome caper sauce for it. Now if the weather will just behave![/QUOTE]

What the fuck is a pescitarian?

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Nothing, because I can't grill for shit.

Naw...maybe some hotdogs.

But I still can't grill for shit.[/QUOTE]

then just cook it on the stove and draw grill lines on it later.

[quote name='sendme']Do you do anything to your brisket so it is not tuff? I smoked one and it was really tuff. I have tried other peoples brisket and even it was tuff. Everyone that I have talked to said briskets are always tuff and that is why they stopped cooking them.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be perfectly honest about the brisket - it was bought pre-cooked. What I do though is put it on foil (because it's presliced) and after it warms up I add gobs of BBQ sauce to it and sear it to the meat. So I guess I'm not really cooking it per se, but kinda making it my own? Hehehe. I use Sadlers Smokehouse brisket bought from the local grocery store. Here it's somewhere around $8.xx / pound. Good stuff though and highly recommended. For the record though - I did cook everything else on my own. And the sirloins were freakin' awesome - tender and juicy.

bread's done
Back