Watchmen: End is Nigh Complete Experience (Both DLC and Blu-Ray) - $19.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='Numero5ive']is this even a sale? whats the retail??[/QUOTE]

It launched at $50, but has been down to $30 for a bit. The dlc was $15 each, so $5 for each game and $10 for the movie (if you choose to split it up that way) is pretty darn good.

Dang I just got this a few days ago with the B2G1 deal at BB, it was $30 in the store, but BB had it on sale on their website for $27, so I had them match that, so yea its a pretty good deal, you get 2 ps3 games, and a blu-ray, and you save like $10 from Amazon.

I'm so glad I waited on buying this, haha. Not sure if I want to pick it up just yet though although $20 is more than worth it.

[quote name='judgedee']is this a bluray quality version of the movie or just a dvd version on a blu ray disc?[/QUOTE]

Blu-ray. The extended director's cut too. This is a very good deal. I paid $27 for it and I don't regret it.

Not a bad deal... I heard the games were repetitive but $20 for a BD movie and 2 games is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='Vinny']Not a bad deal... I heard the games were repetitive but $20 for a BD movie and 2 games is a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you played the first level on the demo, then you've played the whole game really, but the BD itself is worth the $20.

of course the complete edition of watchmen is coming out on blu-ray soon so if you are buying this for the movie you might want to hold off...

[quote name='rpnguyen']of course the complete edition of watchmen is coming out on blu-ray soon so if you are buying this for the movie you might want to hold off...[/QUOTE]

The complete edition doesn't come with the option to watch just the directors cut. I'm tempted to get the complete edition for $32.99, but I dont know how many times I'm going to watch the complete experience. I'd watch the directors cut by itself repeatedly. You can't really go by my opinion though because I haven't read the graphic novel.

It looks like $20 is the new retail price for this...I think the PS3 version was either $50 or $40 when it came out but then that quickly dropped to $30-ish a month or two later...And given the PS3 version comes with the blu ray movie (which is currently $18 on amazon), its really not a bad deal, even if the games aren't super awesome, as long as you are interested in the movie.

[quote name='speedrunner17']I might have to get this. I loved the movie.[/QUOTE]

You're in the minority as I heard the movie was horrible.

Nonetheless, $20 for two games and a movie is a go for me. Will wait for my credit from the Amazon promotion to come through first though.

[quote name='mis0']You're in the minority as I heard the movie was horrible.

Nonetheless, $20 for two games and a movie is a go for me. Will wait for my credit from the Amazon promotion to come through first though.[/QUOTE]

So you're going to buy a "horrible" movie and two unarguably mediocre, repetitive games just because they're cheap?

Does the movie come in its own regular blu-ray case with the game separate, or is the game and movie all packaged in a weird case? I will probably just buy the regular BD if the game and movie are not separate.

[quote name='mis0']You're in the minority as I heard the movie was horrible.
[/QUOTE]

No way, plenty of people like this movie. It's challenging, beautiful, and quite faithful to the book.

This is a rad deal, too.

[quote name='mis0']You're in the minority as I heard the movie was horrible.[/QUOTE]Your diss would carry more weight if YOU had actually SEEN and disliked the movie instead of telling them since you HEARD it was horrible, they were wrong.

I wonder if the movie plays back like a standard BD; Stranglehold CE's copy of "Hard Boiled" was an uncontrollable mess.

The film was ok, some of the special effects were cool and I liked how it centered around a murder/mystery plot. And that Malin Ackerman ain't bad on the eyes! but you are getting a gimped version of just the film with little extras and no digitial copy, compared to the stand alone BD package. However, $20 does seem solid, especially if you don't own the movie already. I may get this soon.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So you're going to buy a "horrible" movie and two unarguably mediocre, repetitive games just because they're cheap?[/QUOTE]

welcome to CAG

I'm a fan of this type of fighting game, and didn't mind the demo, but hated both games. Couldn't finish either one, plus they screwed up my Live score permanently! :lol:

With the movie included though.... (As long as it plays on any Blu Ray player)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Would totally buy it if I hadn't already preordered the Ultimate cut.[/QUOTE]

Ditto ^^. And as for the haters on the movie, I think I enjoyed it more because I read the comic. All the people that I know that watched it and didnt enjoy it never read the comic or isnt into comics. I admit that there are probably missing or just parts that dont make sense that people who have read it fill in the gaps without knowing. That being said, the ultimate cut should be better in some cases because this is a movie based on 12 (I think thats how many there were) comics that could easily be an hours worth of material each.

Darn, already bought it from BB for $30 (B2G1 promotion). I think it came out the same, $30/$30/$30 which net $20 for each game.

I don't think the game has platinum trophy (i haven't play it yet). Can anyone verify this?

[quote name='tankass']Ditto ^^. And as for the haters on the movie, I think I enjoyed it more because I read the comic. All the people that I know that watched it and didnt enjoy it never read the comic or isnt into comics. I admit that there are probably missing or just parts that dont make sense that people who have read it fill in the gaps without knowing. That being said, the ultimate cut should be better in some cases because this is a movie based on 12 (I think thats how many there were) comics that could easily be an hours worth of material each.[/QUOTE]

I saw it twice, with two people who hadn't read the book, and thankfully they seemed to like it too, although probably not as much as me. I really thought it was fantastic.

I think this and V, you're not going to get much better adaptations of Moore's work than that, even though he'll still hate them :lol:

[quote name='token2k6']The film was ok, some of the special effects were cool and I liked how it centered around a murder/mystery plot. And that Malin Ackerman ain't bad on the eyes! but you are getting a gimped version of just the film with little extras and no digitial copy, compared to the stand alone BD package. However, $20 does seem solid, especially if you don't own the movie already. I may get this soon.[/QUOTE]

No your not. I have this, and everything that's on the single BR release, is included with this package as well, minus the digital copy.

I loved the movie and have been interested in the games (despite the mediocre reviews), so I think $19.99 with a free trial of Amazon Prime that gives me free two-day shipping is a pretty damn good deal. Ordered!

I saw the movie with my wife, and she asked me if they copied the plot of "The Incredibles"... We both enjoyed the movie, and I agree with a previous poster that reading the GRaphic Novel before enhanced the experience.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So you're going to buy a "horrible" movie and two unarguably mediocre, repetitive games just because they're cheap?[/QUOTE]

Beats going out to catch a horrible movie on Thursdays and dropping $30+ for tickets, popcorn, and drinks. And the deal would only be $18 for me anyway. ;)

[quote name='eastx']No way, plenty of people like this movie. It's challenging, beautiful, and quite faithful to the book.

This is a rad deal, too.[/QUOTE]

The acting is so corny and just bad, totally kills the movie for me. Excellent deal if you like the movie though.

Even so Im tempted...but I dont think I ever want to watch the movie again.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']wat!?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really. What the frak? Mis0, you may need to hear from other people, because I don't know ANYONE who didn't like Watchmen. Ebert gave it 4 stars.

Although I think there are a LOT of underrated superhero movies, like Jumper kicked ass in every possible way I thought, but for some reason was panned. But everyone loved Watchmen from what I can remember.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Your diss would carry more weight if YOU had actually SEEN and disliked the movie instead of telling them since you HEARD it was horrible, they were wrong.[/QUOTE]

Who said I was dissing the guy, you need to calm down. Sorry I got your nerd panties in a bunch. You can "watch men" all you want. See what I did there? LOL.

[quote name='mis0']Beats going out to catch a horrible movie on Thursdays and dropping $30+ for tickets, popcorn, and drinks. And the deal would only be $18 for me anyway. ;)[/QUOTE]

Why would you go watch a horrible movie on Thursday? Do you have too much money or somethin?

[quote name='robin2099']No your not. I have this, and everything that's on the single BR release, is included with this package as well, minus the digital copy.[/QUOTE]

Digital copy is a joke anyway, not something worth basing a buying decision on.

Sweet deal. I bought the movie for like 22 off amazon when it came out, completely worth it though. This was actually my first blu-ray. Not really interested in the games but the price is very good if you don't have anything that comes with the package.

I also liked the movie, and never read the original.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why would you go watch a horrible movie on Thursday? Do you have too much money or somethin?[/QUOTE]

Last movie I watched was pretty bad. Paranormal Activity was horrible. Anyone going to bitch and moan about that too? Jeez.

[quote name='mis0']Last movie I watched was pretty bad. Paranormal Activity was horrible. Anyone going to bitch and moan about that too? Jeez.[/QUOTE]
you're in the minority as i heard the movie was awesome.

;)

[quote name='dabogues']you're in the minority as i heard the movie was awesome.

;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, yep, the movie was average at best, just didn't live up to all the hype. The girlfriend was scared shitless though and I was just like meh.

bread's done
Back