Watchmen: End is Nigh PS3 + BluRay Movie $13.99 + Free Shipping

For $14 shipped this is a steal! I personally don't watch the special features for movies unless I'm really, really, really a fan of the stuff (i.e. Predator, Aliens, Terminator, Transformers series, Tim Burton's stuff, etc.)

I think the POS games for download are like $15 alone.

Hmm. Been looking for a deal on the movie, but I'm not really interested in the game. I'd be more interested if the blu-ray was in separate packaging, but it doesn't appear that it is.

Um wow, I was looking to buy this movie on Bluray for $15. Now it's $14 + 2 parts video game? Nice deal

Is there a downside to having this version of the movie on Bluray vs a normal Bluray disc? What special features, if any, are missing?

Edit: I bought it, thank you OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. I've been holding out, and almost bought this when it was $19.99 on Amazon. For some reason I didn't, so now I have no choice but to for this price!

[quote name='fireburnerr']oi the movie sucked i thought hahah demo was pretty bad too lol! good deal if you're just into collecting stuff[/QUOTE]

From what I've read about it, it was boring if you didn't care for the backstory of the characters involved. Also, many people complained about it's length (3 hours plus). The way I look at it, I'm getting the movie for free. Yes I know the Watchmen Part 1 & 2 downloadable games are mediocre, but unlike you I enjoyed the demo (laughed at it while playing). I could see this being pretty fun playing co-op.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Um wow, I was looking to buy this movie on Bluray for $15. Now it's $14 + 2 parts video game? Nice deal

Is there a downside to having this version of the movie on Bluray vs a normal Bluray disc? What special features, if any, are missing?

Edit: I bought it, thank you OP[/QUOTE]

Accoring to amazon its the directors cut of the film and looks like a couple bonus things. Looks like its missing some stuff from say the ultimate whatever version of the movie.

http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Nigh-Complete-Experience-Playstation-3/dp/B002BIULLM

Thanks.

Also, questions about Buy.com. What shipping carrier do they use, UPS, FedEx, etc? And when they deliver, do you need a signature in most cases?

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this up sans the movie portion for about $8 from a closing HWV and it's an ok game but nothing spectacular.

As for the movie, I saw the very end of it the one night up my one buddies' house and that was enough for me. I never followed the comics so I had no idea who was who and what the whole story was and I had no care to find out either.

[quote name='Lucian']Isn't this the one that has some French on the case, that ultimately led to Fire Thief's vacation?[/QUOTE]
I think so, but that might've been when it was in stock on GoHastings.com.

Nice. I'd been wanting to get the movie on Blu-ray. Getting a game with it, however mediocre, is a nice bonus. The demo seemed ok.

[quote name='king9x']Got my copy in the mail today, it's the French version.

Boooo!

Wonder if it's worth returning it.[/QUOTE]

Like everything is in French?

Are you sure it is not the English / Canadian French version?

Please be specific!

I'll be pissed as hell if mine is the French version or whatever the hell it is too. Lol. If it is, I'll never shop at Buy.com again.

I ordered one straight from iNetVideo (with some other stuff for 25% off total) about 10 days before the start of this thread and got it only a few days ago: Be warned.

The outer slip cover is ENTIRELY in French, not a single English word except for "The Complete Experience...Watchmen: The End is Nigh" and the shipping took about 15 days total (would be one thing if it was free shipping, but it wasn't, I paid $8 for 3 items)...It was coming from New York and I live in IL, I got notification of shipment via email fairly quickly, so I have no clue where the hell my package was for 2 weeks. The inside case that flips open in a tri-fold manner is all in English, however.

The inside is the Canadian version with one instruction manual in English and one in French, a Watchmen timeline with one side in French, one in English, and a dual-sided Night Owl poster. I tossed the French manual.

If I could choose again, I'd have passed, not worth the savings since I'm picky and the PAID shipping was pathetic. I understand Buy.com's shipping is free, but I paid like $11 for the item, and the delay may still be there for some. The site's product picture was in English. I'm getting really tired of crap shoots with Buy.com and iNetvideo...great prices sometimes, but with a linguistic gamble that is rarely specified on the site, I don't know if it's worth the hassle anymore.

So I got mine yesterday but the apartment office was closed so I picked it up today. The slip cover is in French but the majority of the rest of the package is in English. The movie and game is in English. My only very very minor issue is the slip cover, not really because it's in French but the circular sticker it had ripped off the words on top when I took it off and left sticker residue at the bottom. Ordered it at 9/3 got here on 9/11. Overall I'm happy with my purchase but I might think twice next time shopping at Buy.com

My copy has French slip cover, 2nd French manual, Fresh audio option (English main) on Bluray, and the back of the timeline. Annoying sticker(s) that left residue, but no tear.

Everything else is English: game, bluray, manual, timeline. So I'm happy, all the French stuff is just "extra" to me

[quote name='D0RC'] My only very very minor issue is the slip cover, not really because it's in French but the circular sticker it had ripped off the words on top when I took it off and left sticker residue at the bottom. [/QUOTE]

The U.S. version did this as well (or the used one that I saw @ Gamestop had the same problem). I decided to go ahead and get it. The No More Heroes 2 I ordered from Newegg.com was the same way with tons of French on the cover and a French gaming manual.

$14.99 w/ Free shipping and being able to pay via Amazon.com made it very easy.

I would urge everyone not to use Inet Video. I ordered this item Wednesday and sent them an e-mail asking a question about the product that they never responded to, and then they sent me a shipment confirmation on Friday with a USPS tracking number that doesn't exist as of today, Tuesday. If other posters are any indication, I may not receive my item for weeks. My guess is that they didn't actually ship the item yet and that they just sent a shipping confirmation e-mail to make themselves look competent. I will never use Buy.com and/or Inet Video again. I'd gladly spend an extra few dollars to buy from Amazon.

[quote name='therobspecial']I would urge everyone not to use Inet Video. I ordered this item Wednesday and sent them an e-mail asking a question about the product that they never responded to, and then they sent me a shipment confirmation on Friday with a USPS tracking number that doesn't exist as of today, Tuesday. If other posters are any indication, I may not receive my item for weeks. My guess is that they didn't actually ship the item yet and that they just sent a shipping confirmation e-mail to make themselves look competent. I will never use Buy.com and/or Inet Video again. I'd gladly spend an extra few dollars to buy from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I swear mine was shipped via horseback...

The tracking number never worked until the product entered my city. Envelope wasn't even padded in any way. But imo, free shipping is free shipping

Figured I would update you guys on Inet Video's blatant lies.
Ordered Wed 9/8
Shipping confirmation e-mail w/ tracking number sent Fri 9/10
USPS tracking number was not active until Thu 9/16, and the message said that it was just notified to EXPECT to process initial shipment. The USPS hasn't even received it yet. Unbelievable.

Bottom line, they shouldn't send a "shipment confirmation" e-mail a week before it's even prepared to ship. Horribly unprofessional. I don't care whether it's free shipping or not, this doesn't give the company a right to blatantly lie about how it's handling your order. I was ticked at Inet Video before this, but I'm really pissed now. If it's going to take 2 weeks for free shipping, that's fine. Just don't lie and say it's shipped a week before it actually has.

"The seller, iNetVideo has confirmed the shipment was sent on 9/10/2010." ---- LIES!

[quote name='therobspecial']Figured I would update you guys on Inet Video's blatant lies.
Ordered Wed 9/8
Shipping confirmation e-mail w/ tracking number sent Fri 9/10
USPS tracking number was not active until Thu 9/16, and the message said that it was just notified to EXPECT to process initial shipment. The USPS hasn't even received it yet. Unbelievable.

Bottom line, they shouldn't send a "shipment confirmation" e-mail a week before it's even prepared to ship. Horribly unprofessional. I don't care whether it's free shipping or not, this doesn't give the company a right to blatantly lie about how it's handling your order. I was ticked at Inet Video before this, but I'm really pissed now. If it's going to take 2 weeks for free shipping, that's fine. Just don't lie and say it's shipped a week before it actually has.

"The seller, iNetVideo has confirmed the shipment was sent on 9/10/2010." ---- LIES![/QUOTE]

They are in CANADA...it takes time to for things to clear customs. The notification you got on the 16th means its likely cleared customs and now the USPS now has it (or its en route to USPS processing facilities via 3rd party trucks)...why don't you wait to see the actual postmark before you start bitching. Where is the fucking profit in it for them to "lie" to you?

bread's done
Back