Watchmen Ultimate Cut Limited Edition $45.99 WBshop

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
3487.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Ultimate-Graphic-Novel-Blu-ray/dp/B0093ICOE0?tag=cheapassgam08-20 DEAL DEAD, UP TO $70

http://www.wbshop.com/product/watch...+bd+1000352075.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search $45.99 + $5 Shipping.

Good deal if you missed out on the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already got the graphic novel, the directors cut and Black Freighter and I still kind of want this. If November wasn't going to be so expensive, I'd buy this.

Hell, I still might buy this. :\

Wow. Going to get in on this. I've been wanting to get the hardcover of the graphic novel for a while now and I've always wanted the Ultimate Cut but haven't been willing to pay the prices out there for it.

That's a bit cheaper than I expected it to be for a non-MSRP price.

UE was available as cheap as $30 at one point from Amazon, so the rest of it would be $18 or so, which isn't a bad price for the graphic novel in hardcover form.

Glad I just sold my sealed UE on Blu already. Still kinda would like to see this with Black Freighter intertwined, but I don't see myself actually taking that much time. Yet I'll watch LOTR extended.....I don't get it either.

[quote name='shrike4242']That's a bit cheaper than I expected it to be for a non-MSRP price.

UE was available as cheap as $30 at one point from Amazon, so the rest of it would be $18 or so, which isn't a bad price for the graphic novel in hardcover form.[/QUOTE]

It's a good price if you don't want to pay $100-200 for the first release lol. I forget how much they are going for now.

But I missed out on the first edition of the ultimate cut, so I'm pretty excited for this. I hope it hits $39.99 by release.

I was affraid this was the Warner Bros store and they found more copies... I have been cancelled 4 times with them. Also the link is dead.... and I cant find it on amazon.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I was affraid this was the Warner Bros store and they found more copies... I have been cancelled 4 times with them. Also the link is dead.... and I cant find it on amazon.[/QUOTE]
Not sure how you had 4 orders cancelled from Warner Bros since this is a pre-order and the release date isn't until November. But if you want to buy it from Amazon....
[quote name='advanced']Taken down?[/QUOTE]
The link is probably dead because Amazon had the same product with two different asin numbers:

ASIN: B0093ICOE0
ASIN: B0093I77L0

The ASIN ending in L0 was removed from Amazon, but the E0 is still available. It looks like Amazon is keeping the E0 as correct ASIN.
http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Ultimate-Graphic-Novel-Blu-ray/dp/B0093ICOE0
And it is available for $52 directly through Amazon with free super saver shipping.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Not sure how you had 4 orders cancelled from Warner Bros since this is a pre-order and the release date isn't until November. But if you want to buy it from Amazon....

The link is probably dead because Amazon had the same product with two different asin numbers:

ASIN: B0093ICOE0
ASIN: B0093I77L0

The ASIN ending in L0 was removed from Amazon, but the E0 is still available. It looks like Amazon is keeping the E0 as correct ASIN.
http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Ultimate-Graphic-Novel-Blu-ray/dp/B0093ICOE0
And it is available for $52 directly through Amazon with free super saver shipping.[/QUOTE]

I'll change the thread when I get on my computer. Will they cancel my order or will they switch it over?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I'll change the thread when I get on my computer. Will they cancel my order or will they switch it over?[/QUOTE]
I have no idea. Hopefully, someone else knows.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Not sure how you had 4 orders cancelled from Warner Bros since this is a pre-order and the release date isn't until November. But if you want to buy it from Amazon....
[/QUOTE]

George Costanza is talking about the original Blu release which has been OOP for a while now. It has shown up on WBShop for a decent price on multiple occasions and people have gotten excited, but orders have been cancelled. I, myself, was excited earlier this year when it showed up once only to have my order cancelled. I didn't even receive an email saying my order was cancelled. Boo hoo :(

I might order this version if it gets cheaper closer to release or after release.

Good that they are re-releasing the limited edition. I was worried I missed out on that by waiting for a price drop.

That being said, kinda sucks that they are packaging it with the comic, since I already have the Absolute Edition of Watchmen, but I guess this will be nice when I wanna read it without lugging that huge thing off the shelf.

[quote name='advanced']I've already got the graphic novel, the directors cut and Black Freighter and I still kind of want this. If November wasn't going to be so expensive, I'd buy this.

Hell, I still might buy this. :\[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat but I have the original first print comic books (12 total) and haven't opened my UE. Always wanted the GN version to save wear and tear. i read them about once a year.

Wondering if I should sell the UE and buy this one....so tempted.

[quote name='Tenacious D']George Costanza is talking about the original Blu release which has been OOP for a while now. It has shown up on WBShop for a decent price on multiple occasions and people have gotten excited, but orders have been cancelled. I, myself, was excited earlier this year when it showed up once only to have my order cancelled. I didn't even receive an email saying my order was cancelled. Boo hoo :(

I might order this version if it gets cheaper closer to release or after release.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

I highly regret missing out on the UE, so this is a wonderful surprise.

Already have the Absolute Edition of the comic, but I can give the new one out as a gift to someone.

Didn't see it posted but wb shop has it for 44.49 and if you were a insider rewards member you should of received $10 off any order $30+

http://www.wbshop.com/product/watchmen+ultimate+cut++graphic+novel+bd+1000352075.do?ogc=yes

Thanks for the info guys, I just dug in my trash can and found the coupon code (I just delete stuff from them). Had trouble entering my credit card though. Nothing was selectable for the stored credit cards and when I entered in my card of choice it said its already on file... ok. So had to use a new one. I am still a little bit leery to order from them though after being cancelled 4 times in a row for the first UE. Cancelling my amazon order now...

Ditto on the thanks for the WBShip price info! Just sold my copy of the UCE for $65 and will turn around and buy this new one for $35 =D

I don't have the hardcover of the GN so this is perfect =D

It's back to $45.99 but the $10 coupon doesn't seem to work anymore. In the fine print on the email it specifies Pre-Orders are not eligible. Sad I didn't act on the deal in time. :(

[quote name='bob330i']I'm in the same boat but I have the original first print comic books (12 total) and haven't opened my UE. Always wanted the GN version to save wear and tear. i read them about once a year.

Wondering if I should sell the UE and buy this one....so tempted.[/QUOTE]

I sold my sealed copy for $150 about 2-3 months ago. I'd rather end up with the same movie and extras plus the extra $100, but to each their own.

Edited OP. Price on Amazon shot up close to $70! $45.99 on Wbshop.com still isn't a bad deal. Not as good as the $35 deal a few months ago, still a lot better than Amazon.

Just a quick bump. Amazon dropped their preorder price to $49.99. I have tons of Amazon credit so this is the better deal for me. I have to pay tax for either WB or Amazon so no out of pocket cash for me.

[quote name='venompsx']It's back to $45.99 but the $10 coupon doesn't seem to work anymore. In the fine print on the email it specifies Pre-Orders are not eligible. Sad I didn't act on the deal in time. :([/QUOTE]

Same here. Surprised others' coupons worked. This wasn't supposed to apply to pre-orders. I hope it stay at this price by the 13th when it's released.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I can't get my code to work on anything in store[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I figured they just fixed the "pre-order" glitch but it doesn't appear to work on anything. I've emailed their Rewards support address and the response was less than helpful. I'm hoping they'll get it fixed soon since the coupon expires next month.

[quote name='gravel']Bummer, I have a coupon too. I'll have to try to remember to check and see if I can get it to work on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Dang. I just checked, and it's still not working for me. Any luck on your end?

[quote name='fuze9']Dang. I just checked, and it's still not working for me. Any luck on your end?[/QUOTE]
The items in my cart do not meet the conditions of this coupon. :cry:

I think they probably made the codes invalid after everyone was sharing it to get this Wwatchmen deal and some other offers they had.

I pre-ordered it from amazon to wait and see if the price would drop. I tried to cancel before it shipped but csr said it was too late. I've been charged $49.99 and will have to do a return because I probably won't be home to reject the package at the door. At least the csr left a note in my account stating that I shouldn't be charged for shipping the package back.

When I see it for $30, I'll jump. Saw the UE for that several times & pressed my luck hoping for $20-25, well that never happened for me, so $30 is my magical number, because I'm not missing it again & having it go OoP.

[quote name='pscloud']This was released this week, I believe - anyone's pre-order ship yet? Mine is "In Process"....[/QUOTE]
Preordered mine from WBshop months ago, finally got a shipping notice a few hours ago.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Preordered mine from WBshop months ago, finally got a shipping notice a few hours ago.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Can't beat $36 =D

bread's done
Back