Wavebird Controller - $19 @ Meijer this Week!

What's a Pure Flat tv? Is that an LCD or just a CRT with a flat screen? If it was an LCD, I'd pick it up to use as a PC monitor.

The 27" Advent is just a flat CRT. This same tv was on sale for $279.99 before Christmas. Also, Sears sells the same exact TV under the PRIMA name for $399.

[quote name='valor19']The 27" Advent is just a flat CRT. This same tv was on sale for $279.99 before Christmas. Also, Sears sells the same exact TV under the PRIMA name for $399.[/QUOTE]

Must be typo error on their part? Sorry about that :) , thought it was a HDTV.

[quote name='The Dord']Must be typo error on their part? Sorry about that :) , thought it was a HDTV.[/QUOTE]

No, no, it is HD. They do make HD CRT televisions. I was just pointing out to the other person that it was a CRT, not an LCD. The only problem with HD CRT televisions is that most support only 1080i.

Either way, it is HD. Meijer sells two HD CRT televisions, the Advent that is advertised and a Magnavox that is the same size.

That's a GREAT deal for anyone who is looking for an HDTV! As long as you have the room (they're pretty big) for it and don't care if you can't hang it on your wall like a plasma, you should go for it.

I still think that CRTs have the best quality HDTV pictures out of all of the different sets. The only drawback is that you need the room for them and you can't get them any larger than about 36". Still, it's a great cheap way to go HDTV for your 360!

[quote name='heavy liquid']That's a GREAT deal for anyone who is looking for an HDTV! As long as you have the room (they're pretty big) for it and don't care if you can't hang it on your wall like a plasma, you should go for it.

I still think that CRTs have the best quality HDTV pictures out of all of the different sets. The only drawback is that you need the room for them and you can't get them any larger than about 36". Still, it's a great cheap way to go HDTV for your 360![/QUOTE]

The tv is 4x3 when watching hd programming you will have black bars on top and bottom. This cuts your screen realestate by nearly 2/3. Also the 360 is pretty lousy at scaling to 1080i alot of the quality is lost vs straight 720p and letting the monitor handle it. This tv more than likely will not scale 720p on its own plus if it did the scaller would be of low quality as well.

Do CRT flatscreens work with guncons and other video game light guns or do you need a traditional CRT? I'd like to own at least one TV that works with my old PSX light guns and my Xbox sniper rifle. I bought the wireless projection tv light gun for my 65 inch widescreen but the accuracy isn't as good as with a wired CRT gun.

[quote name='Rictor']Do CRT flatscreens work with guncons and other video game light guns or do you need a traditional CRT? I'd like to own at least one TV that works with my old PSX light guns and my Xbox sniper rifle. I bought the wireless projection tv light gun for my 65 inch widescreen but the accuracy isn't as good as with a wired CRT gun.[/QUOTE]

Its hit or miss some do some don't my panasonic hd crt does work with guncon2 but not guncon1. However other hd crts like some sony models will not work at all with guncons. The reasoning behind why one works and one doesn't has to do with the refresh rate and scaling. My panny crt is pretty old and when displaying 480 line sources it does so in 480p and with 1080i it resyncs and displays at 1080i. Now many new crt hds (well since 2 years ago) will only scale to 1080i and never resync. Just every source scaled to 1080i. This really fudges with the guncon so it won't work.

bread's done
Back