Wavebird receivers?

Drnick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone have JUST the wavebird receiver? (possibly from a broken wavebird that they can't use)

I have 2 wavebirds and I'm looking for 2 more, my friend has 4 wavebirds but his Wii got stolen a few months ago and the receivers we plugged into it (so he has 4 useless controllers now)

PM me if you do, or know where I can buy just the receiver.

thanks!

yeah, I was hoping to not pay that much for them (I got the other 2 wavebirds I currently use for 20 bucks combines a few months ago, lol)

oh well, I'll keep checking ebay I suppose, thanks!

[quote name='adamones']Just buy a used Wavebird from EBGames, steal the receiver and eBay just the controller for twice it's value.[/quote]

Easier said than done. Tracking down a used WB could be quite a task, especially considering the recent release of SSBB.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Easier said than done. Tracking down a used WB could be quite a task, especially considering the recent release of SSBB.[/quote]

I know that I love that response: 'Oh just go to fuckstop and get some used wavebirds to sell'. When was the last time any of these folks walked into gamestop and found a bunch of wavebirds in decent enough condition to resell?

Sure, you may get lucky and find one after running around town, but unless you live in a place that time forgot, this is no longer the easy task that it's being described as.

Indeed.

It's just my area, so I don't presume to speak for everyone, but in the last month, I have been to about ten different GameStop locations and came across a grand total of one WaveBird controller. Even before SSBB was released, you had resellers snatching up anything they could find. SSBB's release simply put the nail in the coffin. Considering the low price GS sold used WBs for, yeah, I doubt you will have much luck finding one.

Local gamestops around here are having a hard time keeping regular first party cube controllers in stock much less a wavebird. You have to be extremely lucky on that front.

bread's done
Back