Way to secure your private data before selling a 360?

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
Ok in the old days when selling a console it was as simple as trading the cash for the console. However nowadays we load our consoles up with private info and our gamertags are tied to the system as well! I am not worried about my friend ripping me off somehow, more if he decided to sell it or if it broke on him and he then sold it to someone else what might happen to my private info.

My 360 is no longer hooked up online and I cant easily get it online, so most of the options demanding me to sign in to xbox live are useless. So, if I went into settings and deleted or moved my gamertag/profile from the system would this be enough to ensure that any private info(mainly any credit/bank info I might have left is what im worried about)is safe? Anything else I can/need to do to ensure I dont a year from now have a huge charge on my account? Would be nice if any of these steps keeps my gamertag/profile off the system but still in MS databases that way if I do rebuy a 360 or the next MS console I can redownload games I paid for.

Two words: Memory Unit.
I keep my profile on it so that I can take it with me.

Or just keep your hard drive if you decide to sell/trade. Problem solved.

go to settings and format the hard drive.

to redownload things on a new system, just recover your gamertag on whatever system you want to play the games on.

[quote name='Scorch']go to settings and format the hard drive.

[/QUOTE]

ditto. do that, and just make sure your profile is gone from your HDD.

bread's done
Back