We Love Katamari JPN Cover art is AWESOME!!!

CouRageouS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
we_love_boxart-thumb.jpg

Too bad it'll probably be different in the US release. Maybe a bunch of us can go to a Namco building and make a English version of this picture and send it to Namco to use. We'll have to find a way to get a giraffe of course.

Cheapy did you add something to the Katamari? I like that Hula Hoop there :whistle2:D

Anyone know where a Namco building is at? It would be great to recreate that picture. My sign would say Katamari 3:16

[quote name='CouRageouS']Cheapy did you add something to the Katamari? I like that Hula Hoop there :whistle2:D

Anyone know where a Namco building is at? It would be great to recreate that picture. My sign would say Katamari 3:16[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I added a CAG flyer (business card size)...see if you can find it in the picture.

I'm pretty sure Namco's office is in Tokyo.

Namco has to have a US building somewhere. Sega, Sony, and a bunch of others have them around the SF Bay and Namco has a San Jose, CA address on the back of their games. Anyone in that area wanna check if they have a nice visibile Namco sign there? It might just be a distribution center or something but it would be cool as long as the sign was there.

U.S. branch is located in California. I found this on Namco's website:

About Namco Hometek Inc.
Namco Hometek Inc. is the U.S. consumer division of Namco Limited, a Tokyo-based world leader in the high-tech entertainment industry. Based in Santa Clara, CA, Namco Hometek Inc. is an award-winning video games publisher for next generation game consoles.

And then searched on Namco in Santa Clara using switchboard.com and found:

Namco Hometek Inc
4555 Great America Pkwy
Santa Clara, CA 95054-1243
Phone: (408) 235-2000

EDIT:

Also searched on mapquest.com and found their holding company location, which explains the part San Jose listed on games:

Namco Holding Corp
2055 Junction Ave, San Jose, CA
408-383-3900

The box rocks, I may import it just for the box if the US version isn't the same.
I do hope Namco keeps the box for the US release

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I added a CAG flyer (business card size)...see if you can find it in the picture.

I'm pretty sure Namco's office is in Tokyo.[/QUOTE]

Oh oh I found it! YAY

Namco is in Santa Clara. So is Capcom (well technically Sunnyvale but only by a few hundred feet). I grew up in that city.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm like a giraffe...

[/QUOTE]

You look like a white taye diggs in that picture....

I brought out the Taye....for people who couldnt see it...

princecheapy5zz4lv.jpg

PS: Your Digital camera adds alot of grain...I had to fix that and the focus issues, it was driving me insane...lol

[quote name='daphatty']Namco is in Santa Clara. So is Capcom (well technically Sunnyvale but only by a few hundred feet). I grew up in that city.[/QUOTE]
Me too. NorCal representin' ;)

We should go grab some monkeys and giraffes and go takeover the place.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']You look like a white taye diggs in that picture....

I brought out the Taye....for people who couldnt see it...

princecheapy5zz4lv.jpg

PS: Your Digital camera adds alot of grain...I had to fix that and the focus issues, it was driving me insane...lol[/QUOTE]

Cheapy makes a silly looking black man.

[quote name='gigan54']am i the only one that can see the king's face in the window?[/QUOTE]
Haha That is awesome. I would never have noticed it had you not said anything. I hope we get the "after" picture of this scene for our cover. Ya know, once the ball rolls over them all and collects them.

[quote name='gigan54']am i the only one that can see the king's face in the window?[/QUOTE]

Good catch, I didn't see that at first.

I love the boxart, I hope they keep it for the US release but they probably won't. Doesn't stop me from printing it out and using it though.

The US Box Art is horrible. I'd have preferred if they kept the box art from the first one and just changed the title than this new iteration.

I plan on printing out the Japan boxart in really nice quality and using that instead of the US boxart when I get my copy. I really dislike it.

I would have preferred the JPN cover too. Too bad there's no chance at all that Namco would use a double sided cover like Atlus did with Stella Deus.

[quote name='GameDude']$30? That sucks.[/QUOTE]
I think its okay, better than $40 or $50.
Or for that matter, better than $1000. That would suck.

A couple things:

1) Gigan 54 is super HOT! (Is that a Katamari tattoo?)

2) I need that Katamari Prince costume for Holloween. Is there any way to get it?

May not be $30.

EB/Gamestop always over price before the official prices are announced to save themselves from accidently underpricing (and giving people a good deal for preordering early).

I realize that the Katamari series has developed somewhat of a niche cult following since the first game came out stateside, but I still don't think it's got enough brand recognition to justifiy a higher $29.99 asking price. I guess we'll see when the sequel comes out. I just know I won't be buying it until a price drop occurs.

[quote name='b3b0p']May not be $30.

EB/Gamestop always over price before the official prices are announced to save themselves from accidently underpricing (and giving people a good deal for preordering early).[/QUOTE]

must be why i have two guitar hero bundles pre-ordered at eb for $49.99 each ;)

bread's done
Back