We Need Pizza-->Chicago

Kayden

Banned
GG and I are in Chicago and we're looking for suggestions for pizza places (=P~ )preferably easy to find by the pier, aquarium, and/or field museum.

we kinda need this in a hurry because we're going tomorrow and we'll check this before we leave.

Thanks

you're not going to find much around there, unfortunately. if you head up north in the city, let me know and i can make a suggestion or two.

There's a Giordano's, Uno's and Due(owned by uno's) all within 5 minutes of there.

http://www.metromix.com and http://www.urchicago.com

They're good websites for cool young ppl (like myself) to go out and about Chicago. Incidentally, you should've told me you both were in town. I could've brought you guys out (seeing as how my own wingwoman ditched me to spend some quiet time home :roll: ) but I was able to find some friends to play with. ;)

Pizza Metro

It's on W. Division in Wicker Park, but it's worth the trip for the food. They make authentic Italian-style pizzas because the place is run by Italian immigrants.

[quote name='akilshohen']isn't american pizza better though? I heard that chicago excels italy in making the best pizzas.[/QUOTE]

Emmm.... I wouldn't say that. Chicago pizza is different from pizza made in Italy. It's not necessarily better or worse than Chicago - just different. I think it's the kinds of ingredients that they use for their toppings and flour. One thing that I don't see often in Chicago that I saw a lot when I visited Italy - sun-dried tomatoes as toppings. It is mighty good. :drool:

[quote name='jaykrue']Emmm.... I wouldn't say that. Chicago pizza is different from pizza made in Italy. It's not necessarily better or worse than Chicago - just different. I think it's the kinds of ingredients that they use for their toppings and flour. One thing that I don't see often in Chicago that I saw a lot when I visited Italy - sun-dried tomatoes as toppings. It is mighty good. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Sun dried tomatoes? Hell yes. :drool:

[quote name='Kayden']GG and I are in Chicago and we're looking for suggestions for pizza places (=P~ )preferably easy to find by the pier, aquarium, and/or field museum.

we kinda need this in a hurry because we're going tomorrow and we'll check this before we leave.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I see you have to take her out because of the picture...tsk tsk.

What other mean things have you been doing?

You should be ashamed...or proud, whatever.

Gino's east is the place you are looking for. You can bump into an athlete any given night. Most people I know said that they bumped into someone famous there at least once.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Gino's east is the place you are looking for. You can bump into an athlete any given night. Most people I know said that they bumped into someone famous there at least once.[/QUOTE]

Gino's East is fan-fucking-tastic. I highly recommend it.

I have to throw in my vote for Gino's East. Its North of the Loop in a shopping area (I am going by memory though, I haven't been in Chicago for 10 years so dont take my word for it)

those are all good but Lou Malnati's is the best, imo. mmmm....giardinera, chopped garlic and tomato pizza....

Well... thanks for suggestions, but thanks to someones dad.... :evil: We not only didn't get to eat pizza, but we wound up at the airport at 4:45 when our plane didn't leave until 7:45.

We left with time planned to go out to eat but GG's dad didn't want to drive in the city to look for a restaurant so he just went strait to the airport and told us to eat there... :puke:

The one thing I wanted to go there for... :cry:

[quote name='Kayden']Well... thanks for suggestions, but thanks to someones dad.... :evil: We not only didn't get to eat pizza, but we wound up at the airport at 4:45 when our plane didn't leave until 7:45.

We left with time planned to go out to eat but GG's dad didn't want to drive in the city to look for a restaurant so he just went strait to the airport and told us to eat there... :puke:

The one thing I wanted to go there for... :cry:[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain man. :cry:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I feel your pain man. :cry:[/QUOTE]
:|

No... you really don't
I spent all day walking and I grabbed the wrong pair of boxers and they rolled up funny and I have a rope burn on my thigh...

We went to the Shedd Aquarium, which was cool. However, GG and I have both already been there and wanted to go to the science museum. However, her dad kept asking where we were going until the aquarium was the answer. He paid, so I suppose its fair, but the most of the day was constantly about what he wanted. When we saw everything at the aquarium we wanted to go eat, but he wanted to go to the observatory. Again, it would have been cool, but factoring in the walking time and all other stuff, we would have been there for about half an hour. The genius thing of it though, was that he wanted to walk the longest way possible after his other daughter told us that her hip was really sore. So he made her limp 2 miles.

I did, however, get sex. :mrgreen: In bowling alley bathroom none the less.

I know it not by your suggested areas but if your ever by milwaukee and armitage go check out Congress pizza, it rocks.

bread's done
Back