We need to convince Nintendo to start a Nintendo Club here

zatos

CAGiversary!
I really am overly jealous of all of those Japanese folk who have Nintendo Club. What do you think it will take to convince NOA they need one here? Its a crime! They get way too much cool stuff.

After the Zelda CE, I recall the Kirby Pink Stylus and the 3 free Nintendo Power magazines. Definitely blows when compared to those lucky SOB's in Japan.

I'd be perfectly content with some free VC points, even if it was an absmal exchange rate. It wouldn't cost them anything to do that (manufacturing / shipping) and might actually enocourage more sales for the VC.

Will they do it? No, because I want it.

They probably won't do it here because there are too many people to give freebies to. If you really want cool stuff, your best bet is to try and become a Sage at the Nintendo forums, though that seems to be a crapshoot. Though I certainly wouldn't have minded getting Diddy Kong Racing for free days before it even released.

[quote name='6669']I agree. We get complete crap. Anyone wanna start an online petition (if it does anything)?[/quote]

No, (It doesn't)

There would have to be an overwhelming outcry from the US fans to make it happen. I'm thinking a pen and paper petition with at least a million unique signatures.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']winning that damn 2nd World War really seems to have bit us in the ass[/quote]
Haha, that explains it all. They're certainly getting their revenge now. It does suck how they do so much cool stuff over in Japan and don't do crap here.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']winning that damn 2nd World War really seems to have bit us in the ass[/quote]

So we helped them rebuild into the international power that they are today, and still they deny the iniquity of Pearl Harbor and still they deny us our Mario handkerchiefs and Animal Crossing bridge cards. Bastards!

[quote name='Kendro']If you really want cool stuff, your best bet is to try and become a Sage at the Nintendo forums, though that seems to be a crapshoot. [/quote]
... I'd advise against trying for that. Now, posts from Sages and other older folks there can be worth a read -- but to gain the rank to post there (and gain whatever other privileges such a rank entails), it seems like folks need to consistently read and post to the other Nintendo forums for a few years.

The other forums consist of the following:
  • Numerous threads polluted with Post Count +1 postings (mostly consisting of "i duno" & "ya me 2")
  • horrible grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure (and that's coming from someone who's a bit liberal about it too, as you can see here!)
  • ghastly logic, and
  • a number of false rumors, rivaling the number you heard in your middle school days.
... seriously, to subject oneself to that consistently, for an extended period of time -- I don't know about the rest of you, but to me, that's damn near masochism.

bread's done
Back