We picked up a newborn opossum on the side of the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Trakan']Self requested.[/QUOTE]

Technically that doesn't change a thing, but noted.

JJSP: I can't wait to get more Shrute Bucks. 999 more to go.

I would have found a neighbor's cat that had a litter of kittens and mix the possum in with them, boy would the owners get a surprise when they go to pet their new kittens.

there are places that take in wild animals. I would take it there ASAP, cause you seem to not know how to take care of it. Also Opossums are pretty vicious and mean animals. I would def give it to people more capable of taking care of it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']You white folks find ways to confuse me more and more.

No matter how many times you read that a white person was eaten, attacked, mauled, killed by a wild animal you find more ways to put yourselves out there.

I wouldnt be surprised if the title was, "We picked up a new born possum...then was attacked by its family. I now have super aids and my boyfriend has the plague."[/quote]

XD

You have your own way about going about things, eh? Although, I have to agree, wild animals can be dangerous, chance for disease, etc.

YOu know what the funny thing is

drive down the road and find a nasty, dirty, flea/tick infested, bleeding, snarling, snapping, one eyed,and three legged pitbull with a chuck of human flesh in his mouth. People will say come her little puppie. Oh he's just scared and needs a new home.

People take dog and put it in the back with the kids.

Drive down the road and find a clean HUMAN saying help me.

lock the doors, put up the windows, don't look them in the eyes, and drive away faster then everbefore.

Strange huh?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']YOu know what the funny thing is

drive down the road and find a nasty, dirty, flea/tick infested, bleeding, snarling, snapping, one eyed,and three legged pitbull with a chuck of human flesh in his mouth. People will say come her little puppie. Oh he's just scared and needs a new home.

lock the doors, put up the windows, don't look them in the eyes, and drive away faster then everbefore.

Strange huh?[/quote]

Maybe most people feel that a good proportion of humans have the capacity to help themselves? While animals that are bred for domesticity can't?

Strange huh?[/QUOTE]

considering there are less than 10 deaths caused by pitbulls per year and thousands by humans, i'd say no its not strange. As soon as i hear about some serial killer pitbulls preying on the kindness of passers by, then i will agree that it is strange to pick them up but not humans.

Strange huh?[/QUOTE]

We would have helped it no matter what species it was. Hell, we didn't even know what type of animal it was for sure at first. Had to confirm on wikipedia that it was an opossum (the dead mother looked just like the pic on the wiki page).

Those are some of the most disease-ridden animals out there. Even their tails are usually always slick with slimy shit. That's probably the cleanest it'll ever be in its lifetime.

That is most definitely NOT a newborn though. A newborn is about the size of a large peanut shell.

I remember when my dad shot one in the bushes because it was making these gasping noises and he thought it was dying (first shot was to the head, didn't even kill it). He tossed it out in a field and I figured I'd go and bury it so animals didn't come around to eat it and wind up hanging out in our yard every night after that. I found it in the field and it turned out it was pregnant and there was a baby possum crawling around. I recalled something about them being blind at birth so I really had no choice but to pop its head off with the shovel. Quicker and less painful than starving to death. Still feel bad whenever I think about it, but there's not much you can do.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']
That is most definitely NOT a newborn though. A newborn is about the size of a large peanut shell.
[/QUOTE]

Perhaps not a newborn, but definitely a baby. It was not that much bigger than a peanut shell. It was making the same exact noises wikipedia says baby opossums make when they are scared. Looking at Google, you are right, it was not a newborn, but probably no more than a week or two old.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Perhaps not a newborn, but definitely a baby. It was not that much bigger than a peanut shell. It was making the same exact noises wikipedia says baby opossums make when they are scared.[/quote]

Fix your title then.

It wasn't a suggestion. It was an order.

What if someone else finds an actual newborn opossum and finds this link via google only to see that it's a baby opossum and not a newborn.

Post locally. Act Googley.

[quote name='JimmieMac']It wasn't a suggestion. It was an order.

What if someone else finds an actual newborn opossum and finds this link via google only to see that it's a baby opossum and not a newborn.

Post locally. Act Googley.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='shieryda']That would be a pretty good fight.[/quote]

She weighs 6-7 pounds tops and when she was younger killed a young rabbit that had to weigh more than 2 times her weight .

She also killed a squirrel, and ripped it's head off.

[quote name='Limet']sure it was dead ?
sure it wasn't playing opossum ?[/QUOTE]

LOL that would be funny as shit, fuckin' kidnapped a baby possum

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']All this trouble when the heel of a shoe could solve the problem.

It isn't like they're endangered.[/QUOTE]

This is probably what your mom thought every time you cried as a child. :)

[quote name='gregthomas77']This is probably what your mom thought every time you cried as a child. :)[/quote]
:applause:

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']All this trouble when the heel of a shoe could solve the problem.

It isn't like they're endangered.[/quote]

Man you really got problems to say shit like this. Glad to know you will be a head of me in the line waiting to get into hell.

I'm from Ohio myself, live near Seattle now, though.

Let me tell you a bit about opossums: they are nasty, disease ridden motherfuckers. Ever kick a dead animal and then see a few opossums run out? I have. (friends were all farmers with livestock, you'd be surprised how many opossum fit up a dead cow or hog's ass, I certainly was).

Nasty, nasty little fuckers. We'd go opossum hunting at night after a good rain with steel toed boots and baseball bats. Opossum kickin' was a good time for all! Had to be careful though, that picture where the little fucker is showing it's teeth is no joke.

Hell, some folks down south eat opossum and groundhog. "shudders"

[quote name='gregthomas77']This is probably what your mom thought every time you cried as a child. :)[/quote]

An opossum is a piece of vermin and spreads disease by it very existence.

Then again, rabies affects the brain. So, you're practically immune.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Man you really got problems to say shit like this. Glad to know you will be a head of me in the line waiting to get into hell.[/quote]

Ok. I'll bite. What type of problems?

Would you stomp on a poisonous snake's head or let it roam around to injure somebody?

Do you feel this opossum is going to go to college, get a degree and contribute to society in some meaningful way?

No. It is going to grow up, get into the wild, get rabies and bite somebody. Then, the opossum's head will be removed to check it for rabies.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
Do you feel this opossum is going to go to college, get a degree and contribute to society in some meaningful way?
[/QUOTE]

We have a monkey for a president, and even then, the bar still seems set pretty low. So I imagine the opossum could actually go the distance.

[quote name='Strell']We have a monkey for a president, and even then, the bar still seems set pretty low. So I imagine the opossum could actually go the distance.[/quote]

I'm voting straight ticket for the Wildlife Party.

[quote name='Strell']We have a monkey for a president, and even then, the bar still seems set pretty low. So I imagine the opossum could actually go the distance.[/quote]

Ah, but he doesn't have rabies.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Ah, but he doesn't have rabies.[/QUOTE]

I don't think any of us can be 100% sure he doesn't or hasn't at some point. Maybe that's where he was during those months he was missing in the army or air force or whatever - getting treated on a ranch in Texas after he tried to fuck a raccoon or something.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Ok. I'll bite. What type of problems?

Would you stomp on a poisonous snake's head or let it roam around to injure somebody?

No. It is going to grow up, get into the wild, get rabies and bite somebody. Then, the opossum's head will be removed to check it for rabies.[/quote]

Seriously is that your excuse for killing a poor defenseless animal?

Where you attacked by a pack of baby animals when you were little and vow to kill anything smaller than your fist and made sure your kids were brought up hating all little creatures? I feel sorry for Caitlyn right about now.

Its sad that someone that is concerned for the health of a defenseless creature seeks you guys for advice and mostly gets shit comments. This thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back