WebRidestv.com: Free Ps3/Wii/360/iphone/amazon gift cards+many more

Thanks a ton Miranda, i just filed a complaint myself as well.
i also tried with the bbb but i couldn't, i guess because they aren't on the database at all, maybe since they don't actually sell anything.

here is the whois info for the site for anyone who cares.
Registrant:
Arketeck LLC
4302 1/2 Melrose Ave. Unit C
Los Angeles, California 90029
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: WEBRIDESTV.COM
Created on: 22-Feb-06
Expires on: 22-Feb-12
Last Updated on: 07-May-08

Administrative Contact:
Harvey, Larry [email protected]
Arketeck LLC
United States
(323) 953-8018 Fax -- (323) 953-8201

Technical Contact:
Harvey, Larry [email protected]
Arketeck LLC
United States
(323) 953-8018 Fax -- (323) 953-8201

If you feel the need to file complaints with the attorney general about FREE items worth $60 then maybe its time to get off the internet and go find a better job.

Just be patient and wait, if you dont get the prize WHO CARES? it didnt cost you anything anyways. It took me over a year to receive my Live Search Club prizes, no big deal. Just wait and take the effort and time you are using to worry over nothing to work a couple hours and make more then the monetary value of whatever you ordered.

[quote name='musha666']If you feel the need to file complaints with the attorney general about FREE items worth $60 then maybe its time to get off the internet and go find a better job.

Just be patient and wait, if you dont get the prize WHO CARES? it didnt cost you anything anyways. It took me over a year to receive my Live Search Club prizes, no big deal. Just wait and take the effort and time you are using to worry over nothing to work a couple hours and make more then the monetary value of whatever you ordered.[/quote]

It's not about the money, it's about the time.

Money is technically infinite. If they don't get the prizes then they can find the $60 elsewhere. Money is theoretically unlimited in that money can be replaced. The time however, they will never EVER get back. They used the limited resource of time to try and gain the unlimited resource of money. The bottom line is that unless this place sends the promised items out, their time will be completely wasted.

So no, these items are not FREE items, they are items valued in the unlimited resource of money given for the investment of time, a very, very limited resource.

Additionally, if you're going to tell them to get over it and find a better paying job, maybe you should take a minute and look at what site you are at. Or maybe you shouldn't just assume that people can just go out and get a better paying job on a whim if they feel like it for the sake of buying video games.

Finally, if you're going to tell them to just let it go and not do something perfectly within their rights such as contact the Attorney General of their state, then you might as well be promoting a scam. If they are shipping things out and people just "let it go", then then people will constantly get scammed and nobody will do anything about it.

[quote name='chimpian']i wish you luck drbrian.
keep us up to date as to the status of your plight (sp).[/quote]

I'm personally not involved in this, but I've been watching this thread glad that I didn't jump on it.

I just had to reply to the really negative post left by someone else essentially telling people that instead of visiting the "Contests & Free Stuff" section of these forums (or any of the forums, really) that they should just go get a better job to buy stuff.

[quote name='musha666']If you feel the need to file complaints with the attorney general about FREE items worth $60 then maybe its time to get off the internet and go find a better job.

Just be patient and wait, if you dont get the prize WHO CARES? it didnt cost you anything anyways. It took me over a year to receive my Live Search Club prizes, no big deal. Just wait and take the effort and time you are using to worry over nothing to work a couple hours and make more then the monetary value of whatever you ordered.[/quote]

How does the Kool-Aid taste?

That was because someone successfully sued them to give out the prizes

how does that kool-aid taste?

Yeah, I got my Live Search Club prizes a whole year later too, but I think it was it was largely due to those three people (or more?) on GameFAQs suing them.

And... I don't know if it's just coincidence that I just happened to get this from WebRidesTV shortly after receiving a reply from the CA Attorney General, but they sent me this yesterday:

I haven't received the GC yet, but will be watching my e-mail to see if it arrives.

I just think people suing over something so pointless as a free video game is more of a waste of time them watching the videos on this site. I cant believe someone would waste the time and effort on that. I find it very sad indeed.

I like free stuff as much as the next person, but Im not going to give in more of my time and effort to get it. If youre that desperate to get a "free" Amazon gift card, have at it. Id rather have my dignity...

Nobody has sued anybody. All that's been done is putting a complaint through the general attorney. It's free to do and doesn't take that much time and effort. Besides, I think this clearly falls under the jurisdiction of the attorney general. By this point in time, it's more about the principle than the free items themselves.

I just signed up with it, and I am not sure what is going on with everyone else. But from what I see I am being offered a a gift for watching a lot of video that I normally watch for free other places.
Sounds like nobody is getting the gifts they ordered though?

It also looks like the increased the points for the gifts?

[quote name='musha666']I just think people suing over something so pointless as a free video game is more of a waste of time them watching the videos on this site. I cant believe someone would waste the time and effort on that. I find it very sad indeed.

I like free stuff as much as the next person, but Im not going to give in more of my time and effort to get it. If youre that desperate to get a "free" Amazon gift card, have at it. Id rather have my dignity...[/quote]

The point is is that this company has said that you will earn prizes via points by watching their videos. You have done your part and they need to keep their end of the bargan. What would you do if you went to work, put in your time and then they didn't pay you? You'd be pissed. It's companies not keeping up on their end of the deal that have lost their dignity.

[quote name='musha666']I just think people suing over something so pointless as a free video game is more of a waste of time them watching the videos on this site. I cant believe someone would waste the time and effort on that. I find it very sad indeed.

I like free stuff as much as the next person, but Im not going to give in more of my time and effort to get it. If youre that desperate to get a "free" Amazon gift card, have at it. Id rather have my dignity...[/quote]

What dignity? You're whoring yourself out to these sites. If anything, they're trying to keep what little of it remains.

i joined this a long time ago (infact I think I learned about it here) and did not stick with it (lost interest real fast) but within the past month or so i have been doing all those microsoft search clubs and figured what the heck I will give webrides another shot today, so i went back and to my surprise its now 1000 point limit per day, i think it was alot less before.....anyways I have a question.... What time ( EST ) does a "new day" start so you can earn points again? Thanks!

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']i joined this a long time ago (infact I think I learned about it here) and did not stick with it (lost interest real fast) but within the past month or so i have been doing all those microsoft search clubs and figured what the heck I will give webrides another shot today, so i went back and to my surprise its now 1000 point limit per day, i think it was alot less before.....anyways I have a question.... What time ( EST ) does a "new day" start so you can earn points again? Thanks![/quote]
Don't bother.
They aren't even giving prize that they owe 3 months ago.

Got my GC from them today:

Ordered 6/9/08
Sent complaint form to CA Attorney General in early September (see this post for details)
Received reply from Attorney General on 10/3/08
Received "order processed" email from WebRidesTV on 10/6/08
Received GC today 10/9/08

so i've been reading positive and negative comments about this site
i searched through the prizes and some of them look pretty good...
bottom line... worth it? or not worth it?

[quote name='DarkTang']so i've been reading positive and negative comments about this site
i searched through the prizes and some of them look pretty good...
bottom line... worth it? or not worth it?[/QUOTE]

Dont bother. The Swag Market looks like it will soon be gone. They removed the Swag Mart forum on their page altogether. I think the only people who have any interest in the site at this point are those waiting to receive what they had ordered, and the others who are just waiting for a restock so they can cash out and delete the site from their bookmarks.

Okay, am I smoking crack or does it look like the Swagmart is actually restocking things here and there? I've been checking once in a while in the afternoons and it really does seem that there's stuff that's either been in stock earlier or is in stock at the moment.

[quote name='crunchberries']Okay, am I smoking crack or does it look like the Swagmart is actually restocking things here and there? I've been checking once in a while in the afternoons and it really does seem that there's stuff that's either been in stock earlier or is in stock at the moment.[/quote]

I had not checked in a long while, but the only change I could see was they have some really annoying adverts that invade your screen.

[quote name='crunchberries']Okay, am I smoking crack or does it look like the Swagmart is actually restocking things here and there? I've been checking once in a while in the afternoons and it really does seem that there's stuff that's either been in stock earlier or is in stock at the moment.[/quote]

Anything worth while when you checked? I'm really want to snag a Mario Kart.

[quote name='WarriorBlake']Anything worth while when you checked? I'm really want to snag a Mario Kart.[/quote]

Not really. It looks like they stocked Forza 2, both Need for Speed versions, the 360 wheel, the Crutchfield GC, the T-shirt, Hotwheels, the GPS, the Wax kit, and the iPhone at one point or another.

Oh, and I think I saw all the Guitar Hero games in stock as well. Nothing else.

Hmm...I might start rechecking the site periodically then. I got 2 accounts that have a little over 100K points each and I am ready to get something.

[quote name='spikyhunter3']Still havnt gotten mario kart wii from may or my amazon gc from the summer...[/quote]
you never will.

bread's done
Back