Website Idea - GBA GOTW - Thoughts?

Zerostatic

CAGiversary!
I was thinking about starting a video game website. The website would be a Gameboy Advance Game of the Week site where I would let the visitors vote for a different GBA game so we can all play together. I'd have a forum where visitors can discuss the game as we play it together.

Every week (or two weeks for big games like Final Fantasy VI or Zelda: A Link to the Past) or so I was thinking of having a wrap-up podcast where I could discuss my thoughts on the game as well as visitor comments. Perhaps I'd write a short review for each game and post up screenshots.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Considering they don't make GBA games anymore besides the shitty kids stuff... it doesn't seem like that great of an idea. I know a lot of people still play GBA games but most of the good stuff is pretty hard to find- even the common ones.

Interesting concept though, it's like a book club with games! Would work much better for the DS.

[quote name='Vinny']Considering they don't make GBA games anymore besides the shitty kids stuff... it doesn't seem like that great of an idea. I know a lot of people still play GBA games but most of the good stuff is pretty hard to find- even the common ones.

Interesting concept though, it's like a book club with games! Would work much better for the DS.[/quote]Well the games are widely available through less then completely legal means. I figure most of the users would get their hands on the games that way. As for the law abiding citizens out there, I was thinking of including links to sites where they could buy the game.

There are plenty of good GBA games around, and if you dont mind cart only games, mot of them are not that expensive. In terms of RPGs, GBA is better than DS.

Register your domain name now: www. GameBoyAssesClub.com, AKA the GBA Club.

Once a month would be better. Every week a new old game doesn't fit too well in most people's timeplan, especially considering the average CAG backlog is at least 10 deep.

[quote name='Kerig']Register your domain name now: www. GameBoyAssesClub.com, AKA the GBA Club.

Once a month would be better. Every week a new old game doesn't fit too well in most people's timeplan, especially considering the average CAG backlog is at least 10 deep.[/quote]Thanks for the suggestion, one game a week really is too much now that I think about it. I would end up ignoring my other systems if I did that. Maybe I'll do 2-4 weeks depending on the game, I mean Sonic Advance, you can beat in a couple of hours but something like Phantasy Star Collection, Final Fantasy VI or Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap would require some serious time to complete.

bread's done
Back