WEEE another car question

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
okay people got a quick question here

Driving along and the car stars to chug..... if it goes faster then 25 mph i have no power, i even notice the RPM drops to 0

im guessing fuel pump

someone else said it could also be a gas sensor

another 3 things

1 it sometimes says LOW Colent (i know i spelled that wrong) even though the overtank is filled

2... sometimes says Check oil even though the oil is high

3. Traction is off (car has started doing this once the light popped on)

that is why my friend says it sounds more like a gas sensor then a pump problem. what sucks is i had the car for 2 years (maybe drove it 7,000 miles) and this is the 2nd pump go out)

THANKS AGAIN weee

[quote name='botticus']3500 miles a year? Holy shit.[/QUOTE]

this is the 3rd car i got in case the other 2 break down or go out.

the car is like a 98 olds.

I call bullshit. How long can you keep posting these new car questions that are totally off the wall? It was a civic or accord then something else now an olds... all unnormal problems.

It sounds more like you need help picking out a used car, than fixing these ones.

[quote name='Snake2715']I call bullshit. How long can you keep posting these new car questions that are totally off the wall? It was a civic or accord then something else now an olds... all unnormal problems.

It sounds more like you need help picking out a used car, than fixing these ones.[/QUOTE]

other 2 cars were park aves...

now this car i never wanted cause i said it looked like junk when we first got it (but my grandfather already told the man we was going to buy it)

i did not have the car more then 2 weeks when the first fuel pump went out.

i was just wondering if anyone had a clue what it could be cause i got 2 cars right now that need fixxed and dont know what one to fix

1.... 88 park ave. needs a right axle assembly done to it...

2... this one is doing this and it also is leaking what looks to be power streering since i have to fill it up almost everytime i dirve it.. and If i need to fill it up when im driving it has a major suction to it and its a pain in the ass to get the cap off..... ALso the engine runs very hot and the stupid SOB put the Power streering pump right behind the engine so your burning the ##$#$#$ out of your arm and hands...

personally i probally just junk this car and get the 88 park fixxed since it only be 170 to get the axle part put in...

EDIT the last problem we had with the park ave. (the 2nd park one i got ) was bad wires (they car that chugged )

changed the wires and plugs and it drives like it used tooo.. what sucks is Ready for this ..... that car i think back breaks went out LOL 3 cars and everything of them are #$#$#$#$

Ok maybe I have it confused.

Get the codes checked. The coolant sensor is probably correct even if the overflow bottle is full the radiator and engine can be low on fluid, especially if there is a leak.

The chugging could be a fuel pump, but the RPMS hitting 0 makes me beleive its something electrical.

Also you don't want to overfill the crankcase with oil, put in the EXACT amount according to your dipstick after you run it for about 5 minutes and shut it off. I am not sure if this is fuel injected or not, if not your carbuerator may need tuned correctly if your secondary is not kicking in correctly.

So you bought 3 cars.... 1 to drive and 2 as backups....?

wouldn't it be more logical to buy 1 car and save the money you spent on the other 2 cars to maintain the one car and keep it running good? instead now you have 3 screwed up cars and no money to fix any of them.

[quote name='Cracka']wouldn't it be more logical to buy 1 car and save the money you spent on the other 2 cars to maintain the one car and keep it running good? instead now you have 3 screwed up cars and no money to fix any of them.[/quote]

It's slidecage.

bread's done
Back