Weekly flyers Aug. 10-16 [CAN]

Cthulhu8u

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
WalMart
StarFox 3D (3DS) - $29.99 Rollback
Darksiders 2 - $59.83
WalMart exclusive bonus copy of Darksiders and LE includes Argul's Tomb expansion pack
Sleeping Dogs - $59.83
Pre-order comes with Deep Undercover pack. Pick up code at time of purchase, limited quantities

Shoppers Drug Mart
PSVita - $249.99 with bonus $50 Shoppers Gift Card
3DS - $149.99
Sony Wireless keypad or DS3 - $39.99
15% off Xbox Media Remote, Silver controller, Wireless black gamepad or Speedwheel
25% off selected video games

FutureShop
Get $20 towards any game in September when you buy either of the two games Aug. 14-16
Sleeping Dogs - $59.99
(bonus Steelbook, get free with trade in 2 select games)
Darksiders 2 - $59.99
(Deadly Despair content pack, get free with trade in 2 select games)

Xbox Summer Value bundle 250gb - $299.99
(Fable 3, Halo Reach, GoW2, AC2, B:AA, 3 months XBL)
PS3 320gb MW3 bundle - $299.99
(InFamous, RE5 included)
Just Dance 2 Wii, Darkness 2 - $19.99
Just Dance 3, COD:BLOPS - $29.99
Skylanders with bonus character - $59.99
XBL 12 month Gold - $39.99
Driving Force GT wheel - $99.99

Pre-orders with bonus steelbooks -
SMB2, Borderlands 2, Dishonoured, HALO 4

BestBuy
Buy both Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 for $99.99
Sleeping Dogs - $59.99
(Exclusive George St. Pierre pack, 800 RZ points, get free with trade in 2 select games)
Darksiders 2 - $59.99
(Exclusive Death Angel pack, 800 RZ points, get free with trade in 2 select games)
XBox 4gb Family Bundle - $299.99
(Kinect, bonus Disneyland Adventures)

Pre-orders with 800 RZ points -
SMB2, Borderlands 2, COD:BLOPS 2, Madden 13, NHL 13, Guildwars 2

The Last Story Wii - $49.99 Aug. 14
Driving Force GT wheel - $99.99

Shoppers Drug Mart
PSVita - $249.99 with bonus $50 Shoppers Gift Card
Much better than Amazon.ca's free Uncharted.

Only way this deal would be better if it was 20x the points event. :p

Other than that, nothing for me until NSMB2 next week or so.

This may be a dumb question but, when you do the "trade 2" deal at FS, do you still get the $20 voucher printed on your receipt?

Thanks for posting the flyers!

[quote name='adayinthelife']This may be a dumb question but, when you do the "trade 2" deal at FS, do you still get the $20 voucher printed on your receipt?[/QUOTE]

You should, yes. When I've done previous trades for Gravity Rush and (maybe?) Kingdom Hearts the $10 discount was still on the receipt; I don't see any reason why this wouldn't hold true.

[quote name='Derfel']You should, yes. When I've done previous trades for Gravity Rush and (maybe?) Kingdom Hearts the $10 discount was still on the receipt; I don't see any reason why this wouldn't hold true.[/QUOTE]

That's great if it works then. Basically getting $80 for 2 games, assuming there's something you want in September.

No, sadly the coupons are for in-store purchases only.

[quote name='king_bronx']Do you think I'll get the 20$ coupon for Darksiders if I pre-ordered during the E3 sale last year?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='poiuiu']Much better than Amazon.ca's free Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

Much better, you can grab Little Deviants and Hot Shots. Is 25% off at Shopper's at all worth looking into?

[quote name='Booyakz']Much better, you can grab Little Deviants and Hot Shots. Is 25% off at Shopper's at all worth looking into?[/QUOTE]

More like 50 Sony space bucks. >:p

[quote name='Derfel']No. No no no no no! ;)[/QUOTE]

I got it when I pre-ordered that First Edition Bundle. It's not terrible, just not particularly good. :/

[quote name='poiuiu']More like 50 Sony space bucks. >:p[/QUOTE]

In hind sight, that would be a better idea, considering Shopper's doesn't regularly reduce their prices... Super Stardust Delta, Escape Plan and Table Top Tanks. Oh, and Sound Shapes, but I haven't tried that yet, so I can't recommend it. >.

[quote name='Booyakz']I got it when I pre-ordered that First Edition Bundle. It's not terrible, just not particularly good. :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's how I got it as well and I actually did finish the game (for some reason) despite hating almost all of it. It seemed to me like the result of a meeting where the developers brainstormed ideas of what would be the most annoying way to use the Vita hardware... and then used EVERY ONE of those ideas in the final product.

I was still able to use it for half of a $50 trade 2 at EB afterward, so whatever... :)

Also to add to this weeks flyers:

EB Games:
Trade In your old Nintendo DS towards a 3ds or 3ds XL (Offer valid until August 26)
Get $30 for your old DS Lite
Get $40 for your old DSi
Get $50 for your old DSi XL
Get $60 for your old 3DS

Star Wars: The Old Republic Online (PC) - $11.99
Ghost Recon Future Soldier + Bonus DVD - $39.99 (until August 12)
Battlefield 3 - $39.99
MLB 2K12 - $39.99
Madden 12 - $29.99

and for Retro Gamers
BUY 2 GET ONE FREE - On all recycled Gamecube, Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Color Games (August 10 - 26)

[quote name='Derfel']Yeah, that's how I got it as well and I actually did finish the game (for some reason) despite hating almost all of it. It seemed to me like the result of a meeting where the developers brainstormed ideas of what would be the most annoying way to use the Vita hardware... and then used EVERY ONE of those ideas in the final product.

I was still able to use it for half of a $50 trade 2 at EB afterward, so whatever... :)[/QUOTE]

You know, it wasn't a bad game, just too repetitive. Should have been pre-installed software, to show all the different ways to use the Vita (or you know, give developers an idea of what not to do).

Furthermore, would it be worth picking up TOR now, before it goes Free-to-Play, if I don't plan on paying the monthly fee?

[quote name='Booyakz']I got it when I pre-ordered that First Edition Bundle. It's not terrible, just not particularly good. :/[/QUOTE] I thought it was terrible the way you had to bronze those crappy games in order to unlock more junk. I absolutely hated the gyro games. The rolling into the warp levels, collecting stars and the sky diving stuff... absolutely awful. Another I hated was the fighting ring with the off-the-ropes mechanic. The only game that I had any fun with is the one where you push robots with the touchscreen.

If any of the Ottawians (Ottawers?) wants a copy of Darksiders 2 PS3 for 60$ even, let me know and we can meet somewhere central. I ordered 1 too many.

[quote name='Booyakz']You know, it wasn't a bad game, just too repetitive. Should have been pre-installed software, to show all the different ways to use the Vita (or you know, give developers an idea of what not to do).

Furthermore, would it be worth picking up TOR now, before it goes Free-to-Play, if I don't plan on paying the monthly fee?[/QUOTE]

Well it's up to you really. If you pick up TOR you'll get a 1 month subscription. Subscription members have full access. But it's really if you care about that or not since it is only 1 month.

confused, do you get the 800 pts x 2 for buying both Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs at Bestbuy?

in the description they show :
Pre-order and get 800 Reward Zone Bonus Points ($10 value): See details
Pre-order Sleeping Dogs at Best Buy and receive the exclusive George St. Pierre (GSP) Pack.
Get both Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II for $99.99. See Details

but the SEE DETAILS says "Note: offer cannot be combined with any other promotion."

and is this offer available if I pickup?

I'm not certain if you get 800 x2 if you preorder both on that deal BUT I know the 800 bonus points are only for pre-orders (and possibly only ONLINE pre-orders but I am not positive). If you pick up in store on the day of you will not get them.

[quote name='JamesX']confused, do you get the 800 pts x 2 for buying both Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs at Bestbuy?

in the description they show :
Pre-order and get 800 Reward Zone Bonus Points ($10 value): See details
Pre-order Sleeping Dogs at Best Buy and receive the exclusive George St. Pierre (GSP) Pack.
Get both Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II for $99.99. See Details

but the SEE DETAILS says "Note: offer cannot be combined with any other promotion."

and is this offer available if I pickup?[/QUOTE]

I doubt they would give you 800 x2 points but you can always ask them.

[quote name='chicoquente']I'm not certain if you get 800 x2 if you preorder both on that deal BUT I know the 800 bonus points are only for pre-orders (and possibly only ONLINE pre-orders but I am not positive). If you pick up in store on the day of you will not get them.[/QUOTE]

They do give you 800 points for in-store pre-orders so it isn't online only.

[quote name='adayinthelife']That's great if it works then. Basically getting $80 for 2 games, assuming there's something you want in September.[/QUOTE]

Just an update for anyone who cares: when you do the trade 2 at FS you do NOT get the $20 coupon on your receipt. Just did this to pick up Sleeping Dogs. Oh well!

[quote name='adayinthelife']Just an update for anyone who cares: when you do the trade 2 at FS you do NOT get the $20 coupon on your receipt. Just did this to pick up Sleeping Dogs. Oh well![/QUOTE]

Glad I wasn't gonna trade for it anyways, gonna wait for a price drop instead. Not in a rush.

[quote name='adayinthelife']Just an update for anyone who cares: when you do the trade 2 at FS you do NOT get the $20 coupon on your receipt. Just did this to pick up Sleeping Dogs. Oh well![/QUOTE]

what if I get Future Shop to match the Bestbuy promo of Darksiders and Sleeping dogs for $99 , will I get the $20 off next september purchase?

and second, will Future Shop match the Bestbuy promo in the first place?

Well, The Last Story has been delayed again.

I'll be right back... *falls forward down a flight of stairs*

Over on RFD they are saying that no one got the coupon printed on their receipt due to a system error, but supposedly if the receipt is from the appropriate date range they will honor it in September. You still might be able to make use of it.

One thing I don't see in the FutureShop flyer. If you pre-order the 3DS XL online you get a $20 e-Certificate. Offer valid until the 18th.

I couldn't find another thread for this, apologies if there is.

After I got home with my copy of Sleeping Dogs I called them to see what was up and the CSR informed me that they are aware of the problem and they will all be honoring the discount come September. As long as the dates and games on your receipt are correct of course.

bread's done
Back