Weighted Companion Cube Plush Back in Stock

jmiller80

CAGiversary!
These sold out soon after hitting Kotaku/Joystiq when they were introduced last fall. This is the first restock (not counting the limited number sold at a premium to benefit Child's Play).

WCC Plush - $29.95
http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshowcase/productshowcase_WCC-Plush.html

WCC Fuzzies (a la fuzzy dice) - $29.95
http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshowcase/productshowcase_WCC-Fuzzies.html

The Valve store offers free standard shipping with a $50.00 purchase.

FYI, I added pictures of the plush over on Goozex.
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/19370.aspx

These have gone (and are even currently going) for more than $100 on eBay. Great deal to snag one for $30 even with the shipping.

I think these are cool but for $30 you could get the supplies to make one thats to scale. Fill a box with rocks, cover in ducktape, paint on details. :lol:

Sweet. I'm going to grab one of each. I'll probably resell the plush in a few weeks and keep the fuzzy dice in the car.

I figured that they had to do something with Half Life 2. I should really play that game soon, as I had no idea what the hell a WCC was by visiting the link without a sidestop to Wikipedia.

Edit: Woah, Holy Crap!

Hopefully this rerelease will drop the prices online as reprints do to games. I'd like to get a cube at a reasonable price someday (what's so special about them?) but I can't see myself paying even $30 for them, other than the fact that they're supposedly hard to find...

I will never understand why a box that was in the game for 10 minutes is so popular. Yes, it was funny, but come on.

With all the stuff I saw about it online all the time, I was expecting something good out of it when I played the game, but after it was gone I was just thinking "That's it? That was nothing!"

[quote name='Monroeski']I will never understand why a box that was in the game for 10 minutes is so popular. Yes, it was funny, but come on.

With all the stuff I saw about it online all the time, I was expecting something good out of it when I played the game, but after it was gone I was just thinking "That's it? That was nothing!"[/quote]
Ya know, I felt *exactly* the same way. I think the toys are cute and all, but I thought the "role" the cube played in Portal was insignificant. I certainly didnt feel *any* emotions in throwing it into the fire.

[quote name='hostyl1']Ya know, I felt *exactly* the same way. I think the toys are cute and all, but I thought the "role" the cube played in Portal was insignificant. I certainly didnt feel *any* emotions in throwing it into the fire.[/quote]

Methinks that either I can't detect sarcasm today, or you all missed the point.

I wanted one of these when they first came out just because I was a really big fan of the game, but didn't have the cash available at the time. Awesome to see they're back in stock.

Big thanks for letting us know, OP!

[Edit]Just looked at ebay for giggles, and man I feel really bad for the high bidders on those cubes now, haha![/Edit]

I doubt after this run they'll be going for as much now on ebay. There will be a bunch on there after today. If you could double your money, I'd be happy.

[quote name='MuzykMann']Methinks that either I can't detect sarcasm today, or you all missed the point.[/quote]
No sarcasm on my part. I *did* miss the point. I only played Portal recently (w/in the last month) and after reading all the post on the internets displaying affection for the cube, I thought that the cube had an intense role in the game, much like Yorda in ICO.

But, it was just a box.....so I dont understand all the passion for the thing.

[quote name='hostyl1']I thought that the cube had an intense role in the game, much like Yorda in ICO.[/quote]

I wouldn't hesitate to throw Yorda in a fire if it meant I could spend even one more minute with my beloved companion cube.

I would be all over one of these, but man, the internet really killed Portal. I mean, absolutely slaughtered it-- the jokes, the lines, the story, everything--it's all been so run into the ground.

Watch, some guy will respond to this post with something like "LOL, the internet is a lie!"

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Yeah, I can add like 2,600 of them still...[/QUOTE] Of the plush. Damnit, I just want one, what gives?!

EDIT: Had to log out and clear my chache before I could see it, thanks OP! :)

[quote name='prateeko']Of the plush. Damnit, I just want one, what gives?![/quote]
I can add them just fine. Do you have javascript disabled or something? Try using a different browser for a few minutes to see if the Valve Store works in it.

No, I was still logged in and for some reason or another it showed them as still sold out. Once I logged out, however, it showed them as back in stock :)

And for the eBay horders, I actually think this may be a decent chance if they only have ~2500 left in stock...

[quote name='62t']but the item is not suppose to be limited. Valve can always make more[/QUOTE]

I know that, but try telling that to the poor saps bidding $150+ on eBay. I mean, it took them months to make this batch and I doubt it'll be around by the end of the day. If it takes them months more before the next batch then you can bet the eBay prices will soar once again.

Me, I went in for one cube and one fuzzy. Never again will I betray my good friend! :)

I have yet to play Portal (but I'm pretty sure I'd like it), so I am holding out for a two-pack of this and a talking Wisdom Cube from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I can't believe people will pay $175 on ebay for a plush toy! You could buy the game for $60, still have $115 Dollars left, and a lot more fun!

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I can't believe people will pay $175 on ebay for a plush toy! You could buy the game for $60, still have $115 Dollars left, and a lot more fun![/quote]

Those are the special people who really... and I mean really... need a companion

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Those are the special people who really... and I mean really... need a companion[/quote]

Haha, true. I bought one only because I loved the whole concept of portal. If it helps them make a sequel faster, I'm all for it. :applause: to Portal. I know the profit on these is huge, and I'm not one to jump in on blatant crap like this, but it was so much fun. I still have things to do it in it too! :lol:

For those wondering what the deal with epic Companion Cube is...it's like any other inside joke. People just like bringing it up and having other people recognize their reference. It's the same reason why people use obscure movie quotes.

Hello, exactly!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For those wondering what the deal with epic Companion Cube is...it's like any other inside joke. People just like bringing it up and having other people recognize their reference. It's the same reason why people use obscure movie quotes.

Hello, exactly![/quote]

I'm sure I'll understand this joke with a knee-slapping reaction years down the line when I finally play my copy, after Portal's sequel or third successor has gone gold.

Now, back to Blue Shift...

lol, i love how this is on the hot deals section. its not a deal $30 is a rip off. this is more of a annoucement then anything.

$30 is waaaaay to much for a companion cube a.k.a a block-shaped cushion. This thing better be made of lamb's fur or something. $30 for an inside joke? Seriously? And although Portal was an enjoyable game, I agree that people and the Internet have killed the humor of the game. The sequel is going to have to be fresh in that regard.

bread's done
Back