Weird GameCrazy Sale (PS2 games)

djkunai

Banned
New games only-
Buy 2 PS2 games $24.99 and up, and get 2 PS2 games $18.99 and under free.

A little strange pricing, but if you don't want the $18.99 game you could probably trade for at least $7 credit, and get a $29.99 game for $23. Just a suggestion, if you don't see Disgaea, Fatal Frame 2, or Growlanser Generations on the $18.99 shelf.;)

i was about to post this. i saw it today at work and i was like.... "what a strange fuckin deal." still good though. we have a la purcelle tactics and a few phantom braves for 17.99. those would be 2 sweet free games.

[quote name='djkunai']New games only-

A little strange pricing, but if you don't want the $18.99 game you could probably trade for at least $7 credit, and get a $29.99 game for $23. Just a suggestion, if you don't see Disgaea, Fatal Frame 2, or Growlanser Generations on the $18.99 shelf.;)[/quote]
;)

[quote name='djkunai']New games only-

[/QUOTE]

Is that right - two games free?

nightmare of druaga and King of Fighters: Maximum Impact are both $18.99 games. Both fetch good trade credit at Blockbuster/Games rush, i think about $35 for the two of them combined.

started today... ends... i forgot. yeah dude there's tons of sweet games at game crazy for less than 18.99. basically anything that didn't make a greatest hits or just really old GH titles is what i've noticed for most of the 18.99 or under.

Ends 4/30/06....funny thing is the flyer doesn't mention whether or not the PS2 games have to be new or used...lotsa possibilities if that's the case.

18.99 is basically gamecrazy's way of only putting shit on sale that never sells otherwise, is garbage, or they are completely out of stock on.. their new sales are always confusing like this, cause they want to only put the shitty games they have too many of on sale..

Perhaps an exception to their normally putting shit on sale, GC had SMT:Nocturne for $17.99. Wish I could find one now.

Huh... weird deal.

Well, I'll check it out when I head off there to pick up a copy of Viewtiful Joe DS today.

There aren't a bunch of Growlanser and Nocturne left, but I've kinda been waiting for a sale like this. Gradius V, Pucelle, and Phantom Brave LE are not really worth the B2G1, but may be worth this. Also some $15 games would rock for cube like Beyond Good & Evil and RE: CVX

Having trouble finding 24.99 games? Try Mario Kart DD, and for $30 Atelier Iris and perhaps Wild Arms 4

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']There aren't a bunch of Growlanser and Nocturne left, but I've kinda been waiting for a sale like this. Gradius V, Pucelle, and Phantom Brave LE are not really worth the B2G1, but may be worth this. Also some $15 games would rock for cube like Beyond Good & Evil and RE: CVX

Having trouble finding 24.99 games? Try Mario Kart DD, and for $30 Atelier Iris and perhaps Wild Arms 4

Dave[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thread Title']Weird GameCrazy Sale (PS2 games)[/QUOTE].

Being as I am 40 hours into, and hopelessly addicted to La Pucelle right now. I gotta respectfully disagree with that game not being 'worth' a b2g1 sale. ;)

[quote name='MightySlacker']There aren't a bunch of Growlanser and Nocturne left, but I've kinda been waiting for a sale like this. Gradius V, Pucelle, and Phantom Brave LE are not really worth the B2G1, but may be worth this. Also some $15 games would rock for cube like Beyond Good & Evil and RE: CVX

Dave[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Title
Weird GameCrazy Sale (PS2 games)

Wow. That sure is weird not including xbox and cube. Cross off Mario Kart then. I still think Atelier, Wild Arms 4, La Pucelle and Phantom Brave LE for $60 plus tax is good, its just that not many games are 24.99 for ps2 and mario kart dd would have been a hell of a deal. A more expensive combo like Shadow Hearts FTNW and Suikoden V is also a pretty good deal, Covenant could be a free game :)

Dave

[quote name='evo t rex']That's actually a good deal.

I believe Dot.Hack 4 is $17.99.[/quote]
It could be. The real challenge is to find a GC that still has it new in stock.

This offer is good until 4/30

I went to a few stores in Canton Ive nver been to (still here actually, hopped on the net at a Panera) and picked up some new games:

Store #1 (30th St)

Lost Kingdoms II - $10
Lunar Legend (!) - $15
Winning Eleven 6 - $10

Store #2 - Strip Ave
Wild Arms 4 - $30
MGS 3 Sub - $30
Growlanser Generations (!) - FREE
RPG Maker II - FREE
Dual Hearts - $10
Total - 72.xx

Gonna hit up a few more stores to do a Atelier/Suiky Tactics/Pucelle/Phantom Brave combo later

Dave

Didnt see this mentioned but this deal also works with Taiko Drummaster and Time Crisis Crisis Zone. Also i believe with the one eyetoy game combo that is $17.99. I picked up:

Atelier Iris $30
Radiata Stories $30
and got
Taiko Drummaster $Free
Time Crisis:Crisis Zone $Free

[quote name='mackaikai']that's the old deal that has been going on for a while....[/quote]
i hate to quote myself but here you go...

again, the link is the wrong link...that's the link to an OLD deal, not this new deal!!!

this thread is for:

New games only-

Got
SMT:DDS2- 39.99
Atelier Iris- 29.99
Culdcept- Free
Phantom Brave- Free

Grandia III- 39.99
Grandia III- 39.99
Fatal Frame II- Free
La Pucelle Tactics- Free

GC rolls out deals for their under $18.99 games constantly with very little success.

I have not heard optimistic things about the future of the company.

Rather than post rumors, let me pose some questions:

1. Has your local GC received more previous generation games (NES - Dreamcast)?

2. Has your local GC received more of these $18.99 and under games?

3. Has your local GC received any more Taiko Drum Masters?

The reason they weren't sucessful is because most of those sales were before the massive markdown list, and there wasnt anything to choose from. Ive now expanded my radius to about 12 gamecrazy stores, and most report success with the last two sales. The one last month sucked because none of the employees knew about it, not cause of the games. To answer your questions:

1. No, as a matter of fact theyve shipped off a ton of backstock (N64 in particular). To quote an employee "They are going to Texas, because their technology curve just hit Nintendo 64".

2. No, they have not. I haven't seen anything restocked, especially Gamecube. I don't think a shortage of new gamecube items is unique to them though.

3. Only 2 of my gamecrazy stores have Taikos, one has multiples, and neither store has them marked correctly.

Side note to Cleveland CAGs that like Gamecrazy - On monday, I should be picking up inventory sheets of new ps2 and gamecube games for the following 3 stores: Berea, Lorain (city, not Lorain Ave), and Clifton Ave. If there is enough reason for me to make the trip, I'll be hitting them up, so perhaps I can do a little searching for CAGers in the area

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']1. No, as a matter of fact theyve shipped off a ton of backstock (N64 in particular). To quote an employee "They are going to Texas, because their technology curve just hit Nintendo 64".

Dave[/quote]

:lol: I have an idea for a new state motto for Texas:

"Now, ONLY 6 years behind the times."

From what I hear, they could clear quite a bit of inventory if they'd just ship it N64 to Cinncinati.

If they'd open some stores in Louisville or restock the local store, I could really make them shine.

Heads up to a potential problem - quite a few employees are under the impression that you have to buy a new ps2 @ 129.99 to get in on this deal. This is not the case as the flyer says nothing about it, but the hotmail sent out apparently makes it confusing and implies you need to purchase a system.

Dave

It's not, I know that for a fact. The company is seriously just trying to eliminate it's $18.99 inventory, but it's such an odd sale...

Is there some way for employees to look up current promotions in the store?

I'd like to get in on this, but when I mentioned this sale at my local GC, they looked at me as though I'd lit the crack pipe right in front of them.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']GC rolls out deals for their under $18.99 games constantly with very little success.

I have not heard optimistic things about the future of the company.

Rather than post rumors, let me pose some questions:

1. Has your local GC received more previous generation games (NES - Dreamcast)?

2. Has your local GC received more of these $18.99 and under games?

3. Has your local GC received any more Taiko Drum Masters?[/quote]

1. no because no one really wants them unless the classic plastic sale is going on.

2. no because there's a reason they're 18.99 and under and usually part of the "free" deals like this.

3. no. i don't even believe those are even being made anymore. corporate buys all that crap, send it to GC warehouses and then determine which store to send that stuff to based on how well it sold before at the particular store.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Heads up to a potential problem - quite a few employees are under the impression that you have to buy a new ps2 @ 129.99 to get in on this deal. This is not the case as the flyer says nothing about it, but the hotmail sent out apparently makes it confusing and implies you need to purchase a system.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Awesome. My local GC is employied by a bunch of jocks who not only don't know anything VG-wise beyond whta MTV tells them, but are also arrogant ass clowns. :/

Yes, as long as your PS2 pre-orders arrive before the end of the promotion (4/30), it should work. Gonna pick up Atelier 2 in a few days...great timing.

[quote name='humakti']I went to a couple GC stores. no one heard of the deal. They kept saying the deal ended on the 16th.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Wow, though the guy at my GC wasn't too up on the deal (eg, didn't know when it ended) I noticed as I was leaving there was a huge stack of fliers on the counter advertising it! I have one right here - the ad clearly says good through 4/30/06. Also, the BACK of said ad shows the PS2 for $129.99 so maybe that's where some of the confusion comes in (both 'deals' came out at the same time).

Other conditions: "Limited quantities available. While supplies last. We reserve the right to limit purchase to normal retail quantities". Ah, damn, and I was going to pick up their 10 copies of DDS and Disgaea to eBay :roll:.

Seriously, I couldn't find anything to buy when I was there :cry:.

[quote name='fivecardstud']nightmare of druaga and King of Fighters: Maximum Impact are both $18.99 games. Both fetch good trade credit at Blockbuster/Games rush, i think about $35 for the two of them combined.[/quote]

If you're going to get either to just play though then its definitely not worth it (as least King of Fighters: Maximum Impact isn't worth owning. It's not such a good game...). I also hear Nightmare of Druaga is trash.

I was able to land quite a few good games today. The guy working let me see a sheet of games that he had highlighted as $18.99 games but either weren't marked so or were bookended and I couldn't see the price. Nothing too fancy, but for $151.16 after tax I left with:

Not free:
Atelier Iris 1
MGS 3: S
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Tales of Legendia

Free:
Gradius V
Sky Gunner
Ghost Hunter
Eye Toy: Antigrav (with camera)

Thanks for the post OP! I would have never gone to GC without the heads up. ^_^

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Yes, as long as your PS2 pre-orders arrive before the end of the promotion (4/30), it should work. Gonna pick up Atelier 2 in a few days...great timing.[/quote]

ITS DOREMON!!!!

I went to GC today and found a sealed Growlanser Generation! The fuck is that they couldn't sell it because they had already took it out of their system and dumped it in a big box (still open and it's why I saw it there) to be shipped out to another GC 120 miles away! WTF! If only I could buy it... I guess there's no way to work around it and I'm not going to drive 240 miles roundtrip, considering the price of gas right now.

bread's done
Back