Weird Halo 3 deal I got

elwood731

CAGiversary!
I went into a GameStop to pick up Halo 3 and the guy went to get me a copy behind the counter. He asked if I minded that it was opened, which I assumed meant he was going to try to sell me a store opened copy for full price. I told him I wanted a new copy if I was paying a new price, and he told me no, it would be at the used price. Someone had sold it back to them a today, a day later. Said the guy didn't like the online (I know, kind of weird to here). So I ask the price, and he says $50. I have credit to the store, so that's my reasoning for going there and this seems like a great deal. He rings me up, I pay, and when I get home I notice the box has a $54.99 price tag and my receipt says GMR Discount - 10%. Did the guy just give me the extra discount for EDGE members or whatever? $10 off for a day old game is pretty good I thought, but I couldn't imagine why they knocked the extra $5 off. So not really bragging, more just wondering what the deal was.

He probably sold you a copy of his. He probably then returned it after you left for the money out of the register or whatever.

[quote name='Warner1281']The used price is $55 and then the Edge card takes off an additional 10% ($5.50). So your price woulda been $49.50 + tax.[/QUOTE]
That's what I assume he did, though I am not an Edge member.

bread's done
Back