Well I messed up....

gamemasterjd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So last night i was out with my gf, for our first new year together, in downtown columbus (they have a big party and what not). So any way the night went perfect and there were fireworks n stuff. Everything is fine until I notice I don't have her class ring anymore. So, I dropped it somewhere, most likely in the Scioto River, (we just had to make out over the bridge.) Any advice on what I should do? I'm probably gonna replace it, but being 16 with job doesn't help. I most likely will resort to selling all of my worldly goods n stuff. The newest game i have is R&C 3 and thats my brother's. The ring is about 200 bucks. Any idea on how i can make 200 bucks, relativly quickly?

[quote name='karmapolice']Atleast she didnt dump you the day before like mine did. Year and month down the drain...[/QUOTE]
He wouldn't have felt bad about losing her ring, then, though.

OP, get a job and borrow the dough from your parents. At 6.50 an hour, 20 hours a week, that's less than 2 weeks work.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Whore yourself out for a night. Be like Deuce Bigalow. Thats maybe 2 hours of work and it could be enjoyable for you.[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. The clientelle that would go for a 16 year old male prostitute isn't a savory lot. Even on the off chance that he got a lady, that would be a seriously perverted broad.

[quote name='mmn']You're 16. Get a fucking job.[/QUOTE]
Heh i expected this to be the majority of the replies. See the thing about ohio (or maybe just Columbus) is that we need a permit from the school to work. This has to be signed and looked at by 5 people.
1. YOU
2. Manager of said job at current time of employment.
3. Parents
4.Guidance Counselor
5. A doctor
After all this it has to be filed at the school board and this takes 1-2 weeks.
The problem with this is that I actually have a job (if anyone's ever heard of Schmidts?) But I work events which in clude the big stuff in central ohio. I worked the Fair, OSU games and Oktoberfest. The next event are the Basketball tournements that OSU hosts, which isnt till March. I'm trying for a job at the main resturant as soon as New Years is done.

[quote name='gamemasterjd']Heh i expected this to be the majority of the replies. See the thing about ohio (or maybe just Columbus) is that we need a permit from the school to work. This has to be signed and looked at by 5 people.
1. YOU
2. Manager of said job at current time of employment.
3. Parents
4.Guidance Counselor
5. A doctor
After all this it has to be filed at the school board and this takes 1-2 weeks.
The problem with this is that I actually have a job (if anyone's ever heard of Schmitts?) But I work events which in clude the big stuff in central ohio. I worked the Fair, OSU games and Oktoberfest. The next event are the Basketball tournements that OSU hosts, which isnt till March. I'm trying for a job at the main resturant as soon as New Years is done.[/QUOTE]

:-({|=

[quote name='JSweeney']:-({|=[/QUOTE]
Well, I can see that, I guess. Damn, I only had to get parental permission to get a job before 16.

edit: where does Ohio get off, anyway?!

[quote name='pimpinc333']Whore yourself out for a night. Be like Deuce Bigalow. Thats maybe 2 hours of work and it could be enjoyable for you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Quagmire'] You could whore yourself out to 20 fat chicks for $10 each. Or 2 for $100. What? Fat Chicks need love too![/Quote]

That tickles me in such a way that if Loretta tickled me that way, i'd say, Ooh, thats good.- Cleveland.

Sorry... had to do it...

Advice from Quagmire:

You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece.
Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What?
Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love, too.
But they got to pay.

I opt for the 'talk to parents' method, see if they'll let you work it off somehow.

If your schoolbus picks up elementary school kids, buy candy in bulk and sell to them for inflated prices. There was a guy on the bux when I was 12 who did that. Now that I'm older I realize he was buying in bulk and costco and making bank selling at 50 cents- $1.00 a candy.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']If your schoolbus picks up elementary school kids, buy candy in bulk and sell to them for inflated prices. There was a guy on the bux when I was 12 who did that. Now that I'm older I realize he was buying in bulk and costco and making bank selling at 50 cents- $1.00 a candy.[/QUOTE]

heh funny thing is this sometimes works better in high school...too many people do it, market is saturated, then its a battle of prices. But good idea nontheless.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I'll buy all your games and systems for 200.[/QUOTE]
Is that your final offer?

[quote name='Graystone']Bury the body... oh wait what's this about.[/QUOTE]

:)

Dude, just tell her about it. Women will never respect you if act like a woman yourself. If she flips out about it and gets all shitty, walk the fuck out and find a new chick. If not, offer to go down on her for a few nights and she'll be like "What ring? Lick that clit a little faster, baby." Trust me. Oral sex is the cure all when it comes to fucking up. Or make a hundred bucks, go down to Zales/Kay/Whitehall/etc. and buy her a nice little necklace with DIAMONDS in it. You might even get some oral sex out of that, homey.

[quote name='depascal22']Dude, just tell her about it. Women will never respect you if act like a woman yourself. If she flips out about it and gets all shitty, walk the fuck out and find a new chick. If not, offer to go down on her for a few nights and she'll be like "What ring? Lick that clit a little faster, baby." Trust me. Oral sex is the cure all when it comes to fucking up. Or make a hundred bucks, go down to Zales/Kay/Whitehall/etc. and buy her a nice little necklace with DIAMONDS in it. You might even get some oral sex out of that, homey.[/QUOTE]
She already knows. We still talk. We still love.
And i'm pretty sure theres some rules restricting posts like this somewhere...

[quote name='karmapolice']This got really disturbing... and sex isnt the answer to problems... it just makes those problems fester and get worse.[/QUOTE]

Like babys

Forget about this chick and her ring.

It was an accident, if she gets pissed, she gets pissed. If she gets over it, she'll get over it. Either way, 10 years from now you'll have a cool story to tell.

You need the 2 bills more than she needs the ring back.

[quote name='JSweeney']:-({|=[/QUOTE]

He was saying doing all of that takes time, and he needs the money asap.

[quote name='gamemasterjd']She already knows. We still talk. We still love.
And i'm pretty sure theres some rules restricting posts like this somewhere...[/QUOTE]

No, really. Oral sex may not solve problems, per se, but it certainly helps in advancing the forgiveness more quickly if you're good at it.

[quote name='Matt Young']No, really. Oral sex may not solve problems, per se, but it certainly helps in advancing the forgiveness more quickly if you're good at it.[/QUOTE]

He's 16. Not even Tucker Max himself could chow carpet properly at 16. :lol:

[quote name='Matt Young']No, really. Oral sex may not solve problems, per se, but it certainly helps in advancing the forgiveness more quickly if you're good at it.[/QUOTE]

So true.

And OP, get a damn job. I had to go through about as much as you did while getting a job when I was 16, perhaps even more; since I was working in MA instead of RI, I had to go to a high school I'd never been to in MA and fill out forms there. I didn't even need a job, I just wanted to have one. Just get a damn job and pay off the money for the ring, you lazy SOB. It'll provide for good experience and will help out on your college application.

Damn, in MA you need papers to work between 14 and 16 (not sure what you have to do to get those papers), once you're 16 you can work without trouble though. There are a few differences between being over or under 18 when working, but I'm not sure if its law or store based. I just remember working at a store once and I was 19 but for some reason they had me as under 18, meaning I got a bunch of nice perks such as leaving 20 minutes before closing (instead of staying 10-15 after) etc.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']So true.

And OP, get a damn job. I had to go through about as much as you did while getting a job when I was 16, perhaps even more; since I was working in MA instead of RI, I had to go to a high school I'd never been to in MA and fill out forms there. I didn't even need a job, I just wanted to have one. Just get a damn job and pay off the money for the ring, you lazy SOB. It'll provide for good experience and will help out on your college application.[/QUOTE]
I'm beginning to think that this is one of those situations where being rational isn't going to work. This reminds me of those people who spends oodles of money buying all kinds of weight loss machines, pills, meals, and all that shit, who can't be bothered to go to the fucking gym. This kid wants money, and he can't be bothered to get a job to get it. He grouses about paperwork (which must be a Columbus thing, b/c it wasn't the case in Cincinnati - well, when I was 16 anyway, in 1994 :shock: )that takes ten minutes to complete and have signed. Don't bother with him, I sez.

Just tell her the truth, its not like you chucked it into the river............... did you? If she doesnt forgive you then it might be a hint about your future together. She might be cool and understand.

200 bucks quick, get the fuck outta here! :D

I never really got the whole trading rings thing. Is it kinda like marking territory? My HS Class Ring was $425... probably why I never let a girlfriend wear it. They're meant to be worn to show upperclassmen status and besides... even I knew in high school that if some bad shit goes down... girls chuck the ring... you don't get it back.

That being said, I do respect the fact that you're willing to get her a new one. Most guys your age nowadays would shrug and say it's not your fault and be done with it.

To all of you bitching about him getting a job... didn't he just say he had one? And that to get one with immediate work opportunity would take about 2 weeks of paperwork? The reason for the thread was for any quick cash ideas so he could get the ring replaced ASAP and forego the wait (which probably isn't going to be possible). I do agree that going after a job is the best solution but I don't seent need to insult him in the process. I respect where he's coming from, that being returning something of high value to the proper owner as soon as possible. It's like borrowing $200 from a friend and then saying "forget it because they're just 16 or they'll just have to wait until I can get a job and work up the dough." It might come down to a case of the latter, but at least he exhausted all other options.

Damn... no wonder chivalry is dying.

Thanks for your help everyone. I think the easiest way around this is to get the job I was gonna try for at Schmidts. Damn New Year holiday off time lasts too long. Thanks for all the help and not bullshittin me. My parents wouldnt loan me a dime. Hopefully I'll be able to get the money for it by the end of January.
Oh and on the topic of sex..No.
Edit: Thanks for the speech TurkeyonRye. At least someone got my point.

bread's done
Back