Well its 2007 and I bought a GameCube!

Thunderscope

CAGiversary!
I was at my local Target yesterday and just for the heck of it I went over to the Nintendo section to see if they had any wiis, No wiis but they had a 2005 Holiday Bundle GameCube in the case. Its the one with the Black GC, 2 controllers, and Mario Party 7 with the mic for $100. I was surprised they had one and it was never returned so on impulse I bought it. I sold my GC in 2004 and I kept my memory card so it worked out for me pretty well. I picked up SSBM and the memories came flowing back. It'll keep me happy until I get a wii, after playing it Im wondering why I ever sold it!

Dude, you should have waited for the Wii. That way you could save $100 plus tax. Just keep calling them to check if they have Wii in stock, you could return your gamecube.

The thing is The game itself sells for $45 on amazon and Im not even sure Im going to ever buy a wii, I was checking for a friend. After I sell the game I basically got a GC with another controller for $60

I have a Wii, and still have love for my GC. The GC is small, so it goes with me on vacation to plug into hotel TVs. I also enjoy the Gameboy player if I want to continue a game I'd been playing on my lunch break. Its my current bedroom system; everything else is in the living room.

Check this list: http://cube.ign.com/articles/772/772300p1.html
I ended up picking up a few titles I missed the first time around.

I keep my Cube in the livingroom and my Wii in the bedroom (he..hehe) and I play cube games on both. But I need a second wavebird. I always realize the sensor is in the other room after I sit down. >(

I got my second Wavebird at gamestop for $17 used. The build on those are so solid I had no reservations buying used.

[quote name='Thunderscope']I was at my local Target yesterday and just for the heck of it I went over to the Nintendo section to see if they had any wiis, No wiis but they had a 2005 Holiday Bundle GameCube in the case. Its the one with the Black GC, 2 controllers, and Mario Party 7 with the mic for $100. I was surprised they had one and it was never returned so on impulse I bought it. I sold my GC in 2004 and I kept my memory card so it worked out for me pretty well. I picked up SSBM and the memories came flowing back. It'll keep me happy until I get a wii, after playing it Im wondering why I ever sold it![/QUOTE]

It's a nice deal. Early in the next year after these came out GameCrazy had a deal where you could get a GameCube + a player's choice game for free. So I picked one of these up plus Zelda WW for my cousins as a gift.

While not everyone may agree, the GameCube is a good console. Its cheap, its got a great controller, and lots of great games to play. All you need is fun, and GameCube provides that.

I don't think it's that great of deal as used Gamecube's go for $50, Controllers for $12, and Mario Party 7 for $35. But you got new instead of used, so if you wanted Mario Party 7 (I prefer Mario Party 6) and don't need Wavebirds it was a decent deal.

In either case, it's a great system and I don't see any foreseeable need to get a Wii.

[quote name='Masterkyo']i let my little sis have the GC & i looking forward buying the Wii very soon.[/QUOTE]

i did the same when I got my wii

[quote name='chakan']I got my second Wavebird at gamestop for $17 used. The build on those are so solid I had no reservations buying used.[/quote]

Sounds like a good deal. Only problem I have with the Wavebirds is no rumble support. :whistle2:(

Good job tc...i much prefer playing gc games on a gc (even tho wii does support them)

and if you haven't tried any of these i highly recomend them: alien hominid, zelda:ww, re4, and mario kart:dd

[quote name='mickeyp']Does the gameboy player play all GBA and GB games?[/quote]

From what I understand it doesn't play the GBA movie cartridges, but everything else is a go.

[quote name='xeex']From what I understand it doesn't play the GBA movie cartridges, but everything else is a go.[/QUOTE]

That is correct. It does not play the movie cartridges.

[quote name='chakan']I have a Wii, and still have love for my GC. The GC is small, so it goes with me on vacation to plug into hotel TVs.[/quote]

the wii is a decent amount smaller than the GC... although I beleive even though the difference in size is evident... the GC is more portable just for the sole purpose that you don't have the sensor bar hassel... and the nice carrying handle on the back of the GC lol.

I never had a GC but i stole my gf's controllers and games when i bought my wii... I'll have to give them back to her eventually... but I just gave them my old SNES so they will play that more anyway. :)

The other reason I take the GC with me on vacations instead of the Wii (aside from the sensor bar)is that I'm not as worried about it being stolen by the maid, or crushed by baggage handlers.

[quote name='chakan']The other reason I take the GC with me on vacations instead of the Wii (aside from the sensor bar)is that I'm not as worried about it being stolen by the maid, or crushed by baggage handlers.[/quote]they're cheap these days anyways :)

It's 2007 and I have also happened myself upon this glorious little underappreciated Nintendo product. On gametz.com I have made many trades this week. My broken Xbox to a modder for a working Gamecube with digital out. My Dawn of Sorrow for Resident evil 4. My cart only Ouendan and $15 for Mario Golf, Mario Kart, and component cables. And also Yoshi's Island GBA cart only and Metroid Hunters DS for Melee.

Can't wait for it. I'm thinking about trading Mario Golf. Anyone interested? I'm looking for Mario Tennis and Mario Strikers. Combo deals can be made.

Not to mention I also have from when my brother owned a Gamecube: Pikmin, Cubivore, Bloody Roar Primal Fury, Phantasy Online 2, Mario Sunshine, many official memory cards, and 2-3 official controllers.

After sitting dormant in its box for over over a year, I have rediscovered my Gamecube. It's a great system with a bunch of great games. I bought Twilight Princess but have not opened it yet (waiting until after I quit my job to start playing it). I also picked up Viewtiful Joe for $10 and played that a little too. Mainly though I have returned to my idyllic town of "Ville" in Animal Crossing where I am now a multi-millionaire with the biggest house.

I love the gamecube- a small compact well designed system. Underappreciated? Certainly not by me! :)

Ruahrc

My bud just got a Wii so He gave me his cube and a controller I'm thinking of picking up a few games this weekend here is my Short list of Games I'm looking at and wondered if anyone else had recommendations:

The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Disc (I just love everything on this Disc)
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life
DEF JAM Vendetta 1 (I like Wrestling... i know... i know)
Evolution Worlds (liked Evo 1 & 2 on Dreamcast)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (Also loved on DC)
Star Wars Bounty Hunter (always wanted to play this)
Mario Sports games (always fun)
Warioware
Megaman X collection and Command Mission

The Zelda collector's disc is going to cost you an arm and a leg. Everything else are good choices. Resident Evil 4 if you haven't played it yet.

[quote name='nyprimus4']The Zelda collector's disc is going to cost you an arm and a leg. Everything else are good choices. Resident Evil 4 if you haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know... I just gotta have it. I think the Wife is going to make me pick between it, Dungeons & Dragons Tactics for the PSP and Breath of Fire 3 Import for PSP for my Birthday. Darn wife and her makeing me pick. :) I'm not into Resident Evil. The last time I played a RE game was Resident Evil on the Saturn.

bread's done
Back