Well priced contact lenses?

Devil May Cry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
I'm in the market to buy my first pair, but Lenscrafters prices are ridiculous and I'm already strapped for cash. Does anyone know good sites in general to get some? I'm looking for the ones that I can wear on a monthly basis, as I'm nearsighted and I'd only really need to take them on when I sleep.

I'm sort of curious too because I tried mountain biking without glasses and couldn't see too well. I use to be fine snowboarding/biking/etc. without them, but not anymore. I'm a bit worried about touching my eye though.

Lenscrafters is probably one of the worst places to go for contacts.

For the past few years I've been having my eye exam done at the vision center in a Wal-Mart by me and then ordering contacts through 1800contacts.com. The ones I use are around $25 a box, which is 3 pairs of contacts. Your're supposed to wear them a month, but I just kinda where them till the start to irritate me.

[quote name='AngryDragon888']For the past few years I've been having my eye exam done at the vision center in a Wal-Mart by me and then ordering contacts through 1800contacts.com. The ones I use are around $25 a box, which is 3 pairs of contacts. Your're supposed to wear them a month, but I just kinda where them till the start to irritate me.[/QUOTE]

how long does that last? Like a couple months? I always figured that 1 month limit wasn't set in stone.

I've been getting mine through 1800contacts.com for years now. I have an astigmatism so those types of lenses are generally more expensive, but their prices are better than any optomatrists office I have found locally.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']how long does that last? Like a couple months? I always figured that 1 month limit wasn't set in stone.[/QUOTE]

Hard to give a time frame because I don't follow the 1 month time limit at all and therefore don't pay attention to how long they last. If I had to guess I'd say 2 or 3 months. They will eventually tear or gunk will build up on them and they will start to irritate your eye a little. My wife does the same thing as well and neither one of us has had any problems with them so far.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']how long does that last? Like a couple months? I always figured that 1 month limit wasn't set in stone.[/QUOTE]

Sorry...Just realized something. When you say "how long does that last?" do you mean the box or just one pair? For one pair you can refer to my previous post, but if you mean a box then that will last me for 1/2 yr. plus.

bread's done
Back