Wendy's are fucking fascists!

minx

CAGiversary!
So I'm begging my mother to tell me why she's not in the mental institution that she's supposed to be in as of the 28th, and the manager {hereafter known as Hitler} on telling me to keep it down and not make a scene.

Meanwhile, my mother is telling the cashier to call the cops repeatedly on me; which I second pointing out that when the cops come their report will be public record and everyone will know the very same things I've been asking her -- so do it already.

I explained to Hitler that if he had a parent with a mental disorder who suddenly showed up out of the hospital they were supposed to be in, he would handle it in the exact same way.

Hitler being Hitler didn't care -- not even when I explained her exact diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia and her history of disappearing acts.

I let the whole restaurant know the day she was institutionalized = 28th of last month.

I would eventually learn over chili that she had signed herself out against medical advice and went to a homeless shelter -- where she still is but won't give me the location of.

The way she was talking, anyone else would swear she was on acid or something; but I know better because she's my mother and I've been through this before.

In any case, it was an improvement compared to a half a mile before the Wendy's, where I jumped out of a moving car when I spotted her walking along the busy highway where the Wendy's is located. She was extremely hostile when she first spotted me running towards her and made all kinds of accusations including that I was hitting her {current tense}. Keep in mind, I hadn't even caught up with her yet, and have never raised my hand to my mother in my life : in her little delusional world, everyone is the enemy -- including me.

She would go on to rant and rave quite coherently about other people that were against her as well -- including her former psychiatrist and my father -- but hey, that crap goes along with the territory when you have a mentally disabled parent.

That shit Hitler did however was completely uncalled for.

You never take the side of a delusional person in the middle of one of their delusions because it reinforces the delusion as reality.

If Hitler had a decent bone in his body he would have tried to help. Even calling the cops would have been an improvement over demanding I keep it down to prevent disturbing the other customers {of whom I'm sure would have sympathized with trying to take care of parent who can't take care of themselves}

Overall, I'm exhausted and just plain pissed.

A good thing I don't very easily embarrass, or I probably'd be that too ;-)

So, the competition begins......

Who had a worse day than I had ;-)

Man, that trumps my Wendy's story. The only thing I have to bitch about was back when I was in college and we hit up the drive-through for about 10 JR Bacon Cheeseburgers. We counted them, of course, and went home, were we found that all the burgers were just bun, meat and mayo. No lettuce, cheese or bacon. We were gonna go back, but it was closed, so we ate a few and saved a few for evidence. We went back next day and talked to the manager, where he accused us of lying and making up stories. Yeah, like we have nothing better to do than to think of a story like that. Or that we just ate all the cheese and bacon off them. What's more likely, that we are liars our your employees are incompetent? WTF?

But now that seems trivial. Dammit.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

So how long did it take to make that one up? jk, damn but mine was worse. I went to the ER and they told me I have walking pneumonia, joy joy.

Well the battle for middle earth began right in my bathroom, on my toilet, and ended 15 minutes later. I was ugh..... Ok you win. I would actually have to put that day as one of my top ten most exciting days in my whole 15 years of living on this earth. Anyway... I'm gonna go rethink my life.

Even tho they were for entirely different reasons, I'm glad to hear that I am not the only person to jump out of a moving vehicle in order to talk to a woman ;)

my only wendy's story (aside from the soggy buns) happened about 4 years ago. me and a couple friends were coming home from a show, and we decided to pick up some food. it was about 11:50 and there was a wendy's nearby, and since we wanted to "eat great even late", we chose to go to wendy's. so we pull up, and we're told by the person working the drive-thru that they are closed. "but it's only 11:50" we exclaimed in shock. after a few minutes of debate, a big guy walks out of the building and heads toward my car in a menacing fashion. not one for confrontation, i chose to leave and instead head to taco bell.

it doesn't really compare to your story, but it's still pretty absurd.

I feel let down...this had almost nothing to do with Wendy's. :)

So minx...is ANY aspect of your life normal? Your neighbors, your parents...is there anything in your world that isn't as unusual? :D

that sux, u really do need to get ur mom back into that mental institute though, cause my grandpa had that same condition, he used to just walk out of the house sometimes, go god knows where with his illusions. it happened a few times, and the last time something happened to him, im not exactly sure what i was still like 5 back then, anyway he had to b hospitalized and died soon after. unfortunately my grandma didn't want him in any institutes and kept him in the house all the time so he never got w/e help they could've given him.

on a side note though if u r calling wendy facist maybe u should change it from hitler to mussolini .... cause u know.... hitler is nazi...and uh, mussolini is facist.....nvm. lol ;)

Its sounds like Hitler just wanted you out the store and that he wasnt taking sides. Why should he really care about some homeless mental woman and her daughter?

Sorry Minx but you gotta think about it from his perspective. You may have been causing a scene which was disturbing business. Its not his place to get involved and a WENDY's I would think would be the last place to have some intervention with your mom. You should have just called the cops yourself.

Just being a devils advocate here so dont take this the wrong way.

If someone came into my store telling me to call the cops..I would be negligent if I didnt and something bad happened. When a person tells you to call the cops...you just do it and let the cops deal with it.

I think I just lost all rights to complain about anything. Between your mother, your psychotic neighbors, and your physical maladies you've experienced more pain than I likely have... and yet you keep a postive attitude about most of it and can still laugh at it and yourself.

Sorry about your mom but as a member of the grammar police I have to correct your last sentence.

"who had a worst day than me?" should read:

Who had a worse day than I (had)?

Had is in parenthesis because it is implied. I'm assuming the 'worst' thing was just a typo. Ok, thanks, I'll now climb back into my little hole in the wall and fuck off, THANKS!!

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']

So minx...is ANY aspect of your life normal? Your neighbors, your parents...is there anything in your world that isn't as unusual? :D[/quote]

My beagle has frequently clogged anal glands, which the vet assured me with my previous beagle was perfectly normal right down to the carpet ass scooting......

...... other than that, probably not ;-)

[quote name='EggViper']that sux, u really do need to get ur mom back into that mental institute though, cause my grandpa had that same condition, he used to just walk out of the house sometimes, go god knows where with his illusions. it happened a few times, and the last time something happened to him, im not exactly sure what i was still like 5 back then, anyway he had to b hospitalized and died soon after. unfortunately my grandma didn't want him in any institutes and kept him in the house all the time so he never got w/e help they could've given him.

[/quote]

The law is seriously messed up on this one, and had gotten considerably worse since the new medical privacy acts have been passed. If I hadn't run into her I wouldn't have known she was out of the hospital because the privacy policy prevents anyone from being able to be alerted to what's going on with any patient without being named specifically by that patient as an exception to the rule. In my opinion that law shouldn't apply to people who are known to be incapable of making decisions of this nature rationally due to well-documented long-term mental disability :whistle2:(

Even before the privacy policy large-scale implementation a while back, as long as the patient not considered "refusing treatment" they can sign themselves out of the physician recommended treatment. I ran into this roadblock the last time my mom went off the deep end a couple of years ago when a very openly hostile towards me doctor informed me that as long as my mother had agreed to take some kind of pill in the future, they have to release her. The kicker = she was hospitalized that time for long-term nonmedication compliance which had resulted in paranoia so deep that her personality was unrecognizable by the time I found her and was able to get a her social worker and ultimately hospitalization.

And this is the person the physician insisted was going to take her pill thus making everything okay -- even though she was still openly delusional the day of that meeting right before she was released :whistle2:(

She called me about half hour ago.......

My mom has no memory of anything bad happening yesterday and has distorted her memory of the incident into me talking too loud during casual conversation thus the manager complained he was going to call the cops {and she was scared for me, or so she says}

She claims she had discussed some kind of plan to spend a couple of hours with me today as the topic of conversation yesterday. Didn't happen, but I guess I have to take any opening I get to talk her into going back for treatment.

[quote name='yellowaznboy']How old are you minx? [/quote]

28 as of today :)

[quote name='defender'] You should have just called the cops yourself.

Just being a devils advocate here so dont take this the wrong way.

If someone came into my store telling me to call the cops..I would be negligent if I didnt and something bad happened. When a person tells you to call the cops...you just do it and let the cops deal with it.[/quote]

I was nowhere near a public phone and cops showing up would have been a blessing as they come with public documentation what's happening which is extremely useful later {as already mentioned, they didn't do it and that's part of what I was upset about :whistle2:(

[quote name='minx']

28 as of today :)

[/quote]

Hey, Happy Birthday Minx! :p

I haven't really read your other stories/mishaps, but I am sorry that happened to you yesterday. I wish you have a happier year, starting.....now! :wink:

I agreed, Defender. Minx is a babe. If she wasn't I'd point out that a Wendy's restaurant isn't an appropriate place to have a heated discussion with a family member about their mental condition.

[quote name='minx']So I'm begging my mother to tell me why she's not in the mental institution that she's supposed to be in as of the 28th, and the manager {hereafter known as Hitler} on telling me to keep it down and not make a scene.

Meanwhile, my mother is telling the cashier to call the cops repeatedly on me; which I second pointing out that when the cops come their report will be public record and everyone will know the very same things I've been asking her -- so do it already.

I explained to Hitler that if he had a parent with a mental disorder who suddenly showed up out of the hospital they were supposed to be in, he would handle it in the exact same way.

Hitler being Hitler didn't care -- not even when I explained her exact diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia and her history of disappearing acts.

I let the whole restaurant know the day she was institutionalized = 28th of last month.

I would eventually learn over chili that she had signed herself out against medical advice and went to a homeless shelter -- where she still is but won't give me the location of.

The way she was talking, anyone else would swear she was on acid or something; but I know better because she's my mother and I've been through this before.

In any case, it was an improvement compared to a half a mile before the Wendy's, where I jumped out of a moving car when I spotted her walking along the busy highway where the Wendy's is located. She was extremely hostile when she first spotted me running towards her and made all kinds of accusations including that I was hitting her {current tense}. Keep in mind, I hadn't even caught up with her yet, and have never raised my hand to my mother in my life : in her little delusional world, everyone is the enemy -- including me.

She would go on to rant and rave quite coherently about other people that were against her as well -- including her former psychiatrist and my father -- but hey, that crap goes along with the territory when you have a mentally disabled parent.

That shit Hitler did however was completely uncalled for.

You never take the side of a delusional person in the middle of one of their delusions because it reinforces the delusion as reality.

If Hitler had a decent bone in his body he would have tried to help. Even calling the cops would have been an improvement over demanding I keep it down to prevent disturbing the other customers {of whom I'm sure would have sympathized with trying to take care of parent who can't take care of themselves}

Overall, I'm exhausted and just plain pissed.

A good thing I don't very easily embarrass, or I probably'd be that too ;-)

So, the competition begins......

Who had a worse day than I had ;-)[/quote]

WORST. DAY. EVER.

[quote name='lawyeron']I agreed, Defender. Minx is a babe. If she wasn't I'd point out that a Wendy's restaurant isn't an appropriate place to have a heated discussion with a family member about their mental condition.[/quote]

Hmm. I guess being a babe is a criteria for compassion that I never learned about.
Oh well.

Why was the manager supposed to believe you again? For all he knows, you could be lying to his face. For all he knows, you could've been kidnapping a random woman off the street. From what you typed (I wasn't there), I really don't see why he should be blamed at all.

Like somebody said, Wendies wasn't the place for what you were talking/raving about. And I seriously doubt the people there could give a crap about what was happening (other than the novelty value), so telling the whole place about it was most likely needless.

And like another person said, if Minx wasn't a chick (who posted pictures of herself no less), this thread would be liznocked by now.

...I'm just saying...

And like another person said, if Minx wasn't a chick (who posted pictures of herself no less), this thread would be liznocked by now.

I doubt that. CheapyD and the mods give everyone a great deal of latitude with what they post. Minx hasn't gone out of her way to offend anyone, so I doubt this would have been locked. Would it have been as active, or garnered as many posts if it was not another installment in the continuing saga of Minx? Probably not.

Why was the manager supposed to believe you again? For all he knows, you could be lying to his face. For all he knows, you could've been kidnapping a random woman off the street. From what you typed (I wasn't there), I really don't see why he should be blamed at all.

Cool logic does not often prevail in situations like the one Minx explained. It's easy to sit as an outsider to the scenario and say that, but when you are caught in the sways of emotion brought on by having to deal with a parent that is not in thier right mind, especially given thier previous history, its going to drastically color your perception.. Minx only wanted to do what is best for her mother, and the Wendy's manager stood as an opposing force in her mind... if someone were getting in the way of me helping my parents in thier time of need, I'd probably take the same opinion (it's hard to say, as I've never had to deal with such drastic issues involving my parents, Thank God).

Like somebody said, Wendies wasn't the place for what you were talking/raving about. And I seriously doubt the people there could give a crap about what was happening (other than the novelty value), so telling the whole place about it was most likely needless.

Again, in a situation where emotion would hold such sway, it's hard to impose rigorous logic on to it. As much as some people wish it were so, logic dictates very little when it comes to the actions of others, and emotion carries a ton of wieght in the decision making process.

Well, I had probably a worse day than that.

I came out of Gamestop to see my wife holding my two-year old child who was unconsious right after she had a seizure. My wife said she was doing fine in the car, then all of a sudden, she started talking really loud, her eyes got fixated and she started drooling. My wife ran around the car to pick her up, and that's when she began having a seizure.

When I walked out of the mall, I saw a firetruck pull up right next to my car. Then, I walk up and my daughter is just lying on the back of my car, and the firemen were unable to wake her up. This scared the ever-loving shite out of me. Her whole body turned blue.

Finally the ambulance got there and they took her to the emergency room. There, she began to come around a bit after I held her and just sang some songs that she likes. She wouldn't open her eyes for a while, but finally she did and she started to mumble yes or no when we asked her questions.

During all of this, the nurses come in and prick and poke her with all sorts of needles to do tests to see why she had the seizure. After about four hours at the hospital she began to speak a bit. But during that time, my wife and I were talking about how she just doesn't seem like Mackenzie. A little after we said that, she turned to me and said "Daddy, I'm Mackenzie. You're my best friend." Talk about letting the tears flow, I just broke down and was thankful she was okay.

It turns out that she has a urinary tract infection and that caused her to have a sudden fever and that caused the seizure. She's going to have a follow-up appointment today just to make sure, though.

It's been my experience that crazy chicks are the best lay. They usually have no problem being really loud and agressive. That's what JimmieMac likes, loudy,dirty crazy whores.

[quote name='JimmieMac']It's been my experience that crazy chicks are the best lay. They usually have no problem being really loud and agressive. That's what JimmieMac likes, loudy,dirty crazy whores.[/quote]

We all already know that. You put it on your Christmas cards, remember?

From a heartfelt tale of a child's love and concern for a parent to a heartfelt tale of a parent's love and a child's plight and then to that. I guess you can't say that this site doesn't provide a varied experience.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='JimmieMac']It's been my experience that crazy chicks are the best lay. They usually have no problem being really loud and agressive. That's what JimmieMac likes, loudy,dirty crazy whores.[/quote]

We all already know that. You put it on your Christmas cards, remember?[/quote]

He's just plugging his new book-movie tie-in.

That's going to be my into when I host one of those TechTv shows that I'm in line for now that they fired all those talentless hacks.

[quote name='JimmieMac']That's going to be my into when I host one of those TechTv shows that I'm in line for now that they fired all those talentless hacks.[/quote]

Be careful. I heard that the new hires now have to sleep with either Leo Laporte or Morgan Webb. Either way, you're doomed.

Granted, Wendy's or any restaurant, is not a proper place for a heated discussion. However, minx was lucky to have her mother in one place to begin with. If she didn't have that discussion there, it would be doubtful she'd have a chance to have it at all. If the manager had some compassion or understanding then that wouldn't be a problem. But then again, that's too much to ask from anybody these days. I also doubt this thread would be locked because she has valid reasons for being angry.

oh yeah, and...

Happy Belated Bday Minx! :)

Hopefully everything turns alright for you and also Grave_Addiction's daughter.

This is why everyone needs to learn how to karate chop people into unconsciousness. Then they can be dragged away until they come to and you can continue the discussion there. Some place conducive to loud arguments, like a deli or the race track.

You know, basically you just jumped in and started saying stuff. How about a little backstory. I'm sorry but you just seemed to forget to mention if you were eating there or working there, how did you find your mother, it's just like you jumped in and started whining about shit.

Look, the manager had every single right to tell you to shut the hell up. Life is not like a movie, everyone in the restaurant isnt going to start to pay attention and then feel for you and your mother and start to give heartfelt help in the end followed by a slow clap while you walk your mother out to the car after you two had a long hug....there thinking "shut the hell up, I want to eat". I know on my lunch break, I don't want to hear some whiny ass kid bitch to his mom about being in a metal institution and hearing the mom bitch back. I would walk over there and tell you to shut the f**k up myself.

So sorry that the manager didn't help, I wouldn't help either, as a matter of fact...if I was the manager...and you didn't keep it down after I told you to, you'd be out of my damn restaurant.

So all in all, I don't feel sorry for you, your incessant whining took the pity out of me...that and your terrible story telling.

[quote name='JSweeney']From a heartfelt tale of a child's love and concern for a parent to a heartfelt tale of a parent's love and a child's plight and then to that. I guess you can't say that this site doesn't provide a varied experience.[/quote]

Cancer, crazy mothers, progeny's seizures...I'd still like to know what possesses people to post such personal shit on an internet message board. It's not a matter of, "If you don't like it, don't read it." That's not the issue. I rather enjoy reading it. I just can't fathom why people enjoy exposing themselves in this manner.

How come I never stumble onto the message boards where the chicks post pictures of themselves naked? Why is it always with the disease and insanity? Funny how it mimics real life. Some where there's a bus, picking up chicks and exploiting them on film, in my world a 30 year old chick that sounds like a 12 yeal old boy stalks me on Live.

[quote name='JimmieMac']How come I never stumble onto the message boards where the chicks post pictures of themselves naked? Why is it always with the disease and insanity? Funny how it mimics real life. Some where there's a bus, picking up chicks and exploiting them on film, in my world a 30 year old chick that sounds like a 12 yeal old boy stalks me on Live.[/quote]

Could be worse...could be a 30 year old dude that sounds like a 12 year old girl.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='JSweeney']From a heartfelt tale of a child's love and concern for a parent to a heartfelt tale of a parent's love and a child's plight and then to that. I guess you can't say that this site doesn't provide a varied experience.[/quote]

Cancer, crazy mothers, progeny's seizures...I'd still like to know what possesses people to post such personal shit on an internet message board. It's not a matter of, "If you don't like it, don't read it." That's not the issue. I rather enjoy reading it. I just can't fathom why people enjoy exposing themselves in this manner.[/quote]

Misplaced trust? A false sense of intimacy? Some people are obviously more open then others. I understand what you are saying completely... I don't have the trust that some of these people do, and wouldn't be so quick to hand out such personal information... especially on a public forum.. email is something alltogether different, but I wouldn't exactly be spilling my soul in that either.

[quote name='Cmosfm']You know, basically you just jumped in and started saying stuff. How about a little backstory. I'm sorry but you just seemed to forget to mention if you were eating there or working there, how did you find your mother, it's just like you jumped in and started whining about shit.

Look, the manager had every single right to tell you to shut the hell up. Life is not like a movie, everyone in the restaurant isnt going to start to pay attention and then feel for you and your mother and start to give heartfelt help in the end followed by a slow clap while you walk your mother out to the car after you two had a long hug....there thinking "shut the hell up, I want to eat". I know on my lunch break, I don't want to hear some whiny ass kid bitch to his mom about being in a metal institution and hearing the mom bitch back. I would walk over there and tell you to shut the f**k up myself.

So sorry that the manager didn't help, I wouldn't help either, as a matter of fact...if I was the manager...and you didn't keep it down after I told you to, you'd be out of my damn restaurant.

So all in all, I don't feel sorry for you, your incessant whining took the pity out of me...that and your terrible story telling.[/quote]

Yeah, that was necessary. How about you go steal some kids toys, trip some elderly people and then go pee in some people's cheerios.
That could have all been said much more diplomatically, and without the need to seem so hateful.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Cmosfm']You know, basically you just jumped in and started saying stuff. How about a little backstory. I'm sorry but you just seemed to forget to mention if you were eating there or working there, how did you find your mother, it's just like you jumped in and started whining about shit.

So all in all, I don't feel sorry for you, your incessant whining took the pity out of me...that and your terrible story telling.[/quote]

Yeah, that was necessary. How about you go steal some kids toys, trip some elderly people and then go pee in some people's cheerios.
That could have all been said much more diplomatically, and without the need to seem so hateful.[/quote]

True. But...

1. Whiny, ignorant people make me angry

2. Where's the fun in that?

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='JSweeney']From a heartfelt tale of a child's love and concern for a parent to a heartfelt tale of a parent's love and a child's plight and then to that. I guess you can't say that this site doesn't provide a varied experience.[/quote]

Cancer, crazy mothers, progeny's seizures...I'd still like to know what possesses people to post such personal shit on an internet message board. It's not a matter of, "If you don't like it, don't read it." That's not the issue. I rather enjoy reading it. I just can't fathom why people enjoy exposing themselves in this manner.[/quote]

Misplaced trust? A false sense of intimacy? Some people are obviously more open then others. I understand what you are saying completely... I don't have the trust that some of these people do, and wouldn't be so quick to hand out such personal information... especially on a public forum.. email is something alltogether different, but I wouldn't exactly be spilling my soul in that either.[/quote]

Yeah, normally I wouldn't either, but I figure if I didn't use full names or anything like that, it wouldn't be a bit deal.

bread's done
Back