Went to Best Buy and saw the had 50% off all HBO DVDs...anyone hear of Rome?

GrimNecroWizard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I wanted Band of Brothers but I guess they didn't have it. I was looking through HBO's other shows and Rome looked interesting I got it for $41 and was wondering if it's worth it to watch or just return. I'm not at home and am on really slow dialup so it's hard to keep googling for information. Anyone seen this show and know anything about it? I got it because Rome is cool since it was basically all about killing and crazy emperors.

Yes, i just finished it last night and it's worth it. Great story, historically accurate (for the most part), excellent show.

I enjoyed Rome, its the Sopranos in antiquity.

And yes, Band of Brothers may quite possibly be the best mini-series ever.

You are kidding, right? Rome is one of the best shows I have ever seen in my life. I watched all of the episodes via Bittorrent as they were aired, but still want the DVD set. I can't bring myself to spend $80-90 for it, though. At $40 I would have bought two (one for a friend).

Too bad BB in Canada didn't have this deal. Also, for some odd reason, it is actually cheaper (at regular prices) to buy Rome in Canada than in the US.

[quote name='Porksta']I picked up Oz Season 2. Now I can finish that damn cliffhanger!![/quote]

Ha. Then you'll need season 3....and 4 etc...
It's cliffhangers the whole way through.

bread's done
Back