Westinghouse 32-inch TV $539.99 at BB

Yea i saw this on dealcatcher, and my parents wanted that so i was all quick to do the in store pickup. 60 dollar shipping fews otherwise....screw that, heh none within a 100 mile radius, so they're screwed for the holidays. I already rock the HD TV, but they want one.

[quote name='flatliner718']Yea i saw this on dealcatcher, and my parents wanted that so i was all quick to do the in store pickup. 60 dollar shipping fews otherwise....screw that, heh none within a 100 mile radius, so they're screwed for the holidays. I already rock the HD TV, but they want one.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't find a Babelfish flatliner-to-English translator.

I bought this on Black Friday, but you get some funky ass green screen whenever you turn off your PS3 or 360 on it. I thought maybe it was something wrong with my Hi-Def cables for my 360, but it did it with my buds PS3. I bought the warranty so I am safe if the HD/AV connectors are messed up. Other then this, the tv is pretty darn beautiful.

I'm happy with the 32w6, but I know the response time and contrast ratio are both a little bit better with the 3213. That's why I'm curious. I haven't noticed any ghosting or anything, but this also is my first LCD.

[quote name='nwaugh']I couldn't find a Babelfish flatliner-to-English translator.[/quote]

I'm not some little ass kid who is typing like a moron. I just got home from a long day's work, and the last thing I'm gonna care about is my puncuation. Troll!

I'm in it with the rest of these guys, info on this tv would be nice. I didn't start camping at my BB at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving so I missed the BF one.

It makes me a little nervous that the MSRP on the 3213 dropped to $599.99, while the 32w6 is still at $899.99. Makes me think there's something inherently cheaper about this supposedly "better" model. I'm thinking I'll just stick with what I have. Got it for $615 a few weeks ago, so that was a good enough deal for me.

[quote name='lyric706']It makes me a little nervous that the MSRP on the 3213 dropped to $599.99, while the 32w6 is still at $899.99. Makes me think there's something inherently cheaper about this supposedly "better" model. I'm thinking I'll just stick with what I have. Got it for $615 a few weeks ago, so that was a good enough deal for me.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat as you. I got the w6 for 615 a couple of weeks ago, and kind of fishy that the price of the 3213 dropped right away, when the set supposedly had better specs than the w6.

I bought this a few weeks ago and upgraded from a high-quality SD flat tube. (It was sharp enough to allow me to read the text in Dead Rising!)

So far, I love it. HDTV is so much better than SD. Even with a cheap one like this Westinghouse, it's like night and day. The Xbox 360 looks amazing through component cables.

Keep in mind, though, it is a cheap LCD TV. The black levels aren't that great and the corners are just slightly brighter than the center of the screen. The response time is fine. I never noticed any streaking. To do better, you'll end up spending $400 bucks more. Also, the speakers suck, but I never use the speakers on the TV. Everything goes through my receiver. I just wanted something to hook up the Xbox to and for that, it's perfect! You stop noticing the imperfections as soon as you start up Gears of War.

Some HDTV tips:
I had to upgrade a few things when I went to HDTV. SD signals look like crap on HDTVs. I had to get an HD cable box, some component cables for the PS2 and Gamecube (I bought them a long time ago). My DVD player wasn’t progressive scan, so away it went.

[quote name='lyric706']It makes me a little nervous that the MSRP on the 3213 dropped to $599.99, while the 32w6 is still at $899.99. Makes me think there's something inherently cheaper about this supposedly "better" model. I'm thinking I'll just stick with what I have. Got it for $615 a few weeks ago, so that was a good enough deal for me.[/quote]

what could cause the msrp to drop $200 all of the sudden?

in any case, i have this tv, and sports looks great with the integrated hd tuner. xbox 360 also looks great.

Also, this TV lacks some up scaling features I'd like to have.

It only has 2 options for SD signals:
Standard – presented 4:3 (square) with black bars on the sides.
Fill – a stretched picture to fill the screen.

I wish it had a “zoom” feature so I could watch SD cable movies that are in widescreen without having a widescreen movie stretched. :(

If that makes any sense ...

Bought this TV of BF. Combined it with a 12% reward zone coupon for $424.
As expected, black levels are sub-par and the corners are just a little brighter than the center (you only notice this when the screen is all black). Also the plastic enclosure is REALLY cheap feeling. That said, it is very crisp with spot on color and passed all the test on a THX disc. Watched Monsters Inc using HDMI imput and up-converting sony and was WOWed. My Xbox games look great too.
No, it's not close to a sharp, samsung, or sony. But for half the cost of those it is definitely worth it.
Oh and it uses an ATI graphics chip and has a one year warranty.

Picked this one up yesterday at the Mira Mesa BB even though it said Unavailable according to the website, was able to stack the 12% off and $20 off coupons for a total of around $490 after tax.

does anyone know of any BB's that have this in stock....i'd much rather do an instore than ship...and with the 12% for Reward Zone, it'd be worth it to drive a little ways.

Apparently It's not available in stores, yet a few people have reported getting them in stores anyway. I suppose I shall have to call around.....

One part in the description says it only has one component input, yet another says it has two. Which is correct?

I picked one up last night using a 12% off coupon. They couldn't get the $20 off to stack, though (I used a 2x reward points, too, but it may be a while before we find out if that worked). The TV rang up at $599.99, and I mentioned that the website had it for $539.99. She said that they would match the website, but needed to get verification. She called back to electronics, and after a few minutes, someone came up and said that it wasn't on sale anymore. I talked it over with my fiancee, and we decided to get it anyway. After we got back to the car with it, I continued to try to pull up the website on my phone, and my fiancee called some friends to try to get them to look on the web site (I had checked the site earlier in the afternoon, and it had still been showing the sale price). Eventually we got through to a friend who verified that it was $539.99 in the cart, so we went back in to get it adjusted at customer service. At that point, I was a little worried about how they'd adjust it, if it would cancel out the 12%, or the $10 reward zone certificate I used, but she was very nice, and just refunded $60 + tax (the difference between the regular and the sale price), making it slightly cheaper than if the electronics guy hadn't lied in the first place (since we got the 12% taken off of $599.99, instead of 12% taken off of $539.99).

BTW, according to the online stock locator, none of the stores in my area had it, but when we tried the store closest to our house, and they didn't have any, we asked them to check the rest of the stores in the area. Sure enough, a few (very few) had them in stock. If you are going to try to get this TV, do it soon. This TV is one of the items that I had planned to camp out for on black friday (if the line hadn't been too long already), and, with the coupon, it is even cheaper now than it was then.

[quote name='2Fast']One part in the description says it only has one component input, yet another says it has two. Which is correct?[/quote]

[quote name='Raikoh']Apparently It's not available in stores, yet a few people have reported getting them in stores anyway. I suppose I shall have to call around.....[/quote]

I got mine from the store. I printed out the price from the website and it was not in stock at the store but the manager was able to order if for me. If the dweebs in the electronic section tell you they can't order it then talk to the manager, she ordered for me with no problem and it only takes 2 days to come in. If you are a reward zone member they will let you use the 12% coupon off of the $599 price, tv ended up being like $527 without tax. This is perfect for me since I will use this tv mostly for 360 gaming and wanted an LCD for the 2nd 360 for sys link play!

[quote name='menikmati']2.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast
One part in the description says it only has one component input, yet another says it has two. Which is correct?

I looked at the tv last night at the store and it looks to me like it has 2 component hookups, a HDMI and a VGA input.

[quote name='scorpers']I got mine from the store. I printed out the price from the website and it was not in stock at the store but the manager was able to order if for me. If the dweebs in the electronic section tell you they can't order it then talk to the manager, she ordered for me with no problem and it only takes 2 days to come in. If you are a reward zone member they will let you use the 12% coupon off of the $599 price, tv ended up being like $527 without tax. This is perfect for me since I will use this tv mostly for 360 gaming and wanted an LCD for the 2nd 360 for sys link play![/quote]

Try your luck at customer service. I was able to get it for $60 less than that (see my post above). It came out to $467.99 before tax (not counting the $10 RZ cert that I used).

[quote name='specialk']guessed, where there anymore at the BB you were at in nashville? *crosses fingers*[/quote]

The in-store inventory (accessible by the employees) showed one at the Mt. Juliet store, but that was 2 nights ago, so I can't be sure if they still have it. There was one more at the Rivergate store where I got mine, but both it and mine had been "customer reserves", and they had to check how old the hold was before letting us get one. I don't know if the hold has expired on the one that remained or not. Good luck. BTW, if you are up for a road trip, there were 4 showing in Memphis, but check first before making the trip. Good luck.

Well I bite on this. It was an issue of space with the 37 inch. I didn't want to start a new thread for this since I assumed that those who visited this thread could probably help me out...

I noticed "upscaling" dvd players at BB, and I was wondering if they were worth the 100? If there was that noticable of difference in quality, etc. I though this might be a reasonable way to get the "near HD" quality w/o buying an HD-DVD add-on and re-buying all of my dvds.

Any input?

[quote name='specialk']Well I bite on this. It was an issue of space with the 37 inch. I didn't want to start a new thread for this since I assumed that those who visited this thread could probably help me out...

I noticed "upscaling" dvd players at BB, and I was wondering if they were worth the 100? If there was that noticable of difference in quality, etc. I though this might be a reasonable way to get the "near HD" quality w/o buying an HD-DVD add-on and re-buying all of my dvds.

Any input?[/quote]
I believe the simple answer is that regular dvd players make you movies look really bad because the output is for a non-hd tv. If you get an upscaling dvd player, then the dvd player transforms the movie on the disk to look average (slightly better than a SD tv).

An HD-DVD player with HD dvd's have much more detail and make your screen pop with brilliant DVD goodness. It is a real and seeable upgrade from an upscaled DVD.

My personal opinion is that the HD player and movies are overpriced and not worth the cost at the time. While they do look stunning, I will wait for the format war to be determined and dvd costs to come down before I invest. Right now the only movies I would buy would be Star Wars anyway.

T

edit: ignore edit

[quote name='specialk']Well I bite on this. It was an issue of space with the 37 inch. I didn't want to start a new thread for this since I assumed that those who visited this thread could probably help me out...

Any input?[/QUOTE]

It's the same issue with me.....I would like the 37 inch, but that's quite a lot of space. A 32 inch sounds more modest.

Ive been looking to snag one of these... when I bring it up on the website now it shows as 809.99, and in stock at all the local stores. Would the in store pricing be different?

Any input?[/QUOTE]

The Insignia (Best Buy branding) HDMI Upscaling DVD player is AWESOME. Seriously. Its better then some that cost $150+. Its a little goofy looking (stands up, curved etc) but the picture is awesome. I own this along with the 32' Westinghouse TV.

Any input?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this model has DVI inputs or not, but I have the 37inch 1080p Westinghouse (love it by the way) and I've noticed a big difference using my PC as a DVD player as opposed to using my old non progressive scan dvd player hooked up with component cables. I'm just using the Nvidia Pure Video Decoder software and it looks really nice. If you wanted even better quality you could mess around with ffdshow.

[quote name='xdl']Ive been looking to snag one of these... when I bring it up on the website now it shows as 809.99, and in stock at all the local stores. Would the in store pricing be different?[/quote]

I can't even pull it up on the website at this point, but I'm pretty sure the deal was a closeout, so it would be odd for the price to have gone up. Plus, you posted that on Saturday, so even if the $539.99 had been a weekly sale, it still would have been in effect. Very strange.

bread's done
Back