FuzyBaffy

CAGiversary!
Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p LCD Monitor for 999$

Then add coupons for free shipping and 20$ off by clicking down here:
Coupon List

1920 x 1080 pixels
1000:1 contrast
8ms
» 6 A/V inputs, including: 1 composite video 1 S-video 2 component video (accepts 1080i/720p/480p/480i signals) 2 DVI digital video inputs (accepts signals up to 1080p) 1 HDMI digital audio/video input (accepts signals up to 1080p)

IS NOT A TV but has many inputs so you can connect cable or use your VCR's tuner with it. I am buying as a Computer monitor / TV that would really be the only reason to go with 1080p at this size. People in the AV forums and CNET are gushing over this monitor. Is NOT a good deal if you just want a 37 monitor you can find 720p's for much cheaper and you can't tell the difference at all if you are just using it as a tv like 4ft away at this size.

This is not my find I must give big up's to
Robstar
in Hard OCP Hotdeals forum.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']For $20 more you can get a 42" and pick it up.

Westinghouse 42" Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor
Model: W4207
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8114541&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050044&id=1158318442758[/quote]

Like I said it is NOT a good deal if you don't want a 1080p monitor. 1080p really isn't noticable at 37 inches or really useful as there is no real 1080p content out there. Unless you're drinking the Sony Kool Aid of course! 720p is the cheap ass gamer's choice at less than 42 inches! I just got a Wii, I don't have a 360, but you NEED a large monitor to play multiplayer Wii games. It cries out for it strangely as it is only 480p. However if you were using this as a goddamm big ass computer monitor, like my nutty self is, the extra resolution is much better than getting a low res 720p monitor (native resolution 768). The extra verticle pixels are noticable when you are 2 ft away. Anything more than 5-6 and 1080 is overkill.

I didn't say it wasn't a good deal. Just wanted to post something local just in case. If I can sell my 42" Smasung DLP for $800 today I will by the westing house 37 to stand above my Olevia 32

[quote name='RudyPants']No HD tuner, sigh. Still great deal though.[/quote]

I fail the see the purpose of a HD tuner built-in. Every content provider provides a proprietary one.

[quote name='WebScud']I fail the see the purpose of a HD tuner built-in. Every content provider provides a proprietary one.[/QUOTE]

In a lot of areas you can get HDTV channels with just a direct cable connection. So you wouldn't have to pay for a box or cable card to view some high def glory.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']In a lot of areas you can get HDTV channels with just a direct cable connection. So you wouldn't have to pay for a box or cable card to view some high def glory.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's cool. I didn't know that.

And over-the-air. I always forget about that, hehe.

You know what sucks about Providence? No FOX in HD. I don't know what I'm going to do about 24 this year.

I've been wanting to get one of these for a while but I was always hoping to get a deal locally incase I had issues with it. If the deal is still around this Thursday when I get paid I might have to try my luck and pick one up.

[quote name='WebScud']Oh, that's cool. I didn't know that.

And over-the-air. I always forget about that, hehe.

You know what sucks about Providence? No FOX in HD. I don't know what I'm going to do about 24 this year.[/QUOTE]

Where Im at there is no CW in HD meaning I have to watch Smallvilee in SD :(

I read a few reviews on it and it sounded like a pretty decent choice for my first HDTV, so I picked it up with a 5 year warranty. I can't wait for it to get here.

Awesome deal, OP.

[quote name='WebScud']I fail the see the purpose of a HD tuner built-in. Every content provider provides a proprietary one.[/quote]

It doesn't matter to me, I just ordered another 32" LCD w/ a tuner. In my area (north of Seattle) you have to pay extra for the tuner, and I'm hoping to pick up some over the built in antennae for free :cool:.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Where Im at there is no CW in HD meaning I have to watch Smallvilee in SD :([/QUOTE]

Who do you have? I have Cox.

[quote name='Lizard Axe']I'm confused about something... Do you need an HD tuner to play games in high definition on something like this?[/QUOTE]

No, put simply all the tuner does is allow you to pick up TV stations, it has nothing to do with other inputs (like gaming systems).

[quote name='WebScud']Who do you have? I have Cox.[/QUOTE]

I have Timer Warner. I wish we could trade HD channels because I don't watch fox, Also then I wouldn't be forced to watch dancing with the stars in HD either.

[quote name='Lizard Axe']I'm confused about something... Do you need an HD tuner to play games in high definition on something like this?[/quote]no, only for tv signals

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I have Timer Warner. I wish we could trade HD channels because I don't watch fox, Also then I wouldn't be forced to watch dancing with the stars in HD either.[/quote]

I can get behind that. (Not DwtS.)

My set arrived on Thursday and I really love it! Unfortunately my only source of HD content right now is my computer, but this monitor looks absolutely stunning with some of the HD trailers I've watched. I'd definitely recommend this TV especially if you have any desire to use it as a PC monitor.

bread's done
Back