Westinghouse SK-32H520S 32" LCD HD TV - $276 @ Best Buy - YMMV

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I was reading around Slickdeals and found out this tv was on clearance at BB and decided to go try to snag one. I went to my local BB (215 & decatur) and they had none but told me how many each other store in the area had and each store's prices were different so I went to the location with the cheapest price. The chick told me they "should" pricematch other store's price though.

The tv is 720p/1080i resolution

This is pretty much a nationwide clearance but the price varies from store to store.

Maryland Pkwy - 5 ($276, 6 before I bought mine there)
Henderson - 11 ($425 i think)
Best in the West - 1 ($375 i think)

Receipt scan:

lastscanaa3.jpg

Requested pics of tv:

dsc01627ap3.jpg

dsc01629zc4.jpg

dsc01630ss8.jpg

[quote name='McNutsack']Why is everyone stopping by?
Cant you just call?[/quote]

First rule of fight club is you dont talk about fight clu... err don't call the store for a good deal because the employees will take it.

[quote name='tgk2044']how did you get that setup to show you that?[/QUOTE]

Once I saw it was still $480 at my BB, I checked with customer service to see if they could price match a store in Mass. that I had seen carried the set at the lower price on Slickdeals. She said she couldn't price match but was willing to check to see if any nearby stores had it cheaper - which is what led me to drive to the Best Buy in Biddeford Maine to grab one. She did it in their computer system, not on the website itself.

[quote name='GBmanNC']...err don't call the store for a good deal because the employees will take it.[/QUOTE]

Customer - "Hi there, I was wondering if you could check if you have an item for me."
Employee - "Sure, what is it?"
Customer - "I have the item number if that helps... 32H520S... it's a television."
*Employee runs the number, sees they have 3 in stock at $349*
Employee - "Ohh, no I'm sorry, we don't have any in stock."
*Employee hangs up*
Employee - "Yeee haw boys, TELEVISIONS ALL AROUND! fucking devil customers."

[quote name='n8littlefield']Once I saw it was still $480 at my BB, I checked with customer service to see if they could price match a store in Mass. that I had seen carried the set at the lower price on Slickdeals. She said she couldn't price match but was willing to check to see if any nearby stores had it cheaper - which is what led me to drive to the Best Buy in Biddeford Maine to grab one. She did it in their computer system, not on the website itself.[/QUOTE]

my question was in reference to RLeav

I called two local BB in East Lansing, MI area, and both operators told me that the model number didn't bring anything up in the system. I read it to them with the dash in it, think that makes a difference or are they just sold out?

[quote name='GBmanNC']First rule of fight club is you dont talk about fight clu... err don't call the store for a good deal because the employees will take it.[/quote]

lmao, now I know why; once I get customer service to put me through to a "TV department" or whatever, which took 10 minutes, had to call 3 times tro get an answer, finally she transfers me over, I wait 5 minutes, it keeps ringing, then it stops. Like the guy just picked it up and hung up prolly.

Whatever, not driving an hour just to look.
They never put me through with anyone in all my years calling them.

Well, I just got back from my BB. They have 1 in stock and it's still priced $534. So I waited a fair while for an employee to get free and had her check the system for the prices/stock of other stores. She was shocked when she saw the $266 at Grand Island NE (which is now out of stock, hopefully a CAG took my tip and nabbed one) and ran back to a manager to see if they would price match it. Unfortunately, he said no, that on clearance items, it's up to the store to set the price and since they only had one left, they weren't going to drop it any, let alone $270 to match the GI BB price. So I'm going to have to give up on this dream, but it was exciting while it lasted. Good luck to anyone else that tries.

[quote name='McNutsack']Why is everyone stopping by?
Cant you just call?[/quote]

Uhhhhh...are you still a newbie? Please say NO!!! YOU NEVER CALL A STORE ABOUT A DEAL!!! THEY WILL PULL/HOARD ALL OF THE ITEM IN QUESTION, IF IT'S CHEAP ENOUGH!!!

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Iamthecheapestgamer: Thanks for posting the locations. Saved me a trip to best buy (which is pretty far away from me). Thanks again![/quote]

No problem. Though, you really should be thanking the hoarders/usual deal breakers @ Slick Deals for the list, since it was a shameless cut/paste of a list they accumulated already. LOL

Heading out to the Best Buy in Rancho Cucamonga right now. Hopefully they still have one in stock, if not I'll not check out the San Bernardino BB and check the price there to report back on here.

[quote name='Cable387']Heading out to the Best Buy in Rancho Cucamonga right now. Hopefully they still have one in stock, if not I'll not check out the San Bernardino BB and check the price there to report back on here.[/QUOTE]Be sure to have an employee check the computers and note other store stocks and prices to report back.

I think the deal is dead around here. The TV was retail price of $699 at both the Rancho Cucamonga, CA, and San Bernardino, CA stores. That sucks. I needed a cheap HDTV since my old one just crapped out on me, and I had to send it in to be serviced. At both stores, they had it in the back with the rest of the HDTVs but also as you walked in they had them on the floor with a price tag of $699 so I figured I wasn't going to get it for the clearance price.

[quote name='Cable387']I think the deal is dead around here. The TV was retail price of $699 at both the Rancho Cucamonga, CA, and San Bernardino, CA stores. That sucks. I needed a cheap HDTV since my old one just crapped out on me, and I had to send it in to be serviced. At both stores, they had it in the back with the rest of the HDTVs but also as you walked in they had them on the floor with a price tag of $699 so I figured I wasn't going to get it for the clearance price.[/quote]

Yeah it seems Westinghouse is asking stores to clear out their old models for most likely a new wave of LCD TVs. There's a 46" at Office Depot for a grand.

Of course, CA always gets stiffed on these kinds of great deals. :bomb:

Anyone in Cali manage to pull this off?

Well, my brother found one at a store in Moreno Valley, CA but it was $538 which isn't much of a deal. They said it was the only one they had in stock and that the computer showed that no one around them had any in-stock. Damn.

Just went to the only BB in Lakeland and they don't have any , The guy in the tv dep. said that model was replaced by other (240 or 250, instead of the 520) he said the 520 where on sale the last holidays and after that they were replaced.

Having only one BB here sucks , there are other BB close by but gotta drive to Orlando (45 miles) or Tampa (35 miles).

Good luck you guys on getting the LCDs

if you live in texas... forget about it. I just had the guy check everywhere and they had zip. A couple in houston but they were still regular price.

Wilkes-Barre, PA(0 left)-Price came up as $454.99
Stroudsburg, PA(0 left)-Price came up as $396.00
Scranton/Dickson City, PA(1 left)- Price came up as $599.00

So, as usual, no major deal for me on an HDtv around here. I was hoping beyond all hope for a nice $300 or around there price with ONE left, even took a blank check with me in the hopes of finding a good deal. Bah!!

[quote name='Cable387']I think the deal is dead around here. The TV was retail price of $699 at both the Rancho Cucamonga, CA, and San Bernardino, CA stores. That sucks. I needed a cheap HDTV since my old one just crapped out on me, and I had to send it in to be serviced. At both stores, they had it in the back with the rest of the HDTVs but also as you walked in they had them on the floor with a price tag of $699 so I figured I wasn't going to get it for the clearance price.[/quote]

Did you have them check the actual price, since maybe it was like the Kmart clearance games and not properly marked but much lower in price. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER go by just the 'price that was displayed', since I've found MANY great deals by having prices checked on an item that had no clear signs/stickers marking it as clearance.

[quote name='HELLAWAITS']Just went to the only BB in Lakeland and they don't have any , The guy in the tv dep. said that model was replaced by other (240 or 250, instead of the 520) he said the 520 where on sale the last holidays and after that they were replaced.

Having only one BB here sucks , there are other BB close by but gotta drive to Orlando (45 miles) or Tampa (35 miles).

Good luck you guys on getting the LCDs[/quote]

LOL Hellawaits dont worry bout drivin i checked all of the central florida stores all were 699 and they had none, and one store 399 and it had none as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you have them check the actual price, since maybe it was like the Kmart clearance games and not properly marked but much lower in price. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER go by just the 'price that was displayed', since I've found MANY great deals by having prices checked on an item that had no clear signs/stickers marking it as clearance.[/QUOTE]

I know. I had them check the price on their computer.

[quote name='rexflexall']Dude, do you live in the UNLV dorms? Sure looks like you do looking at the surroundings.[/quote]

I live in the old base housing on Nellis Air Force Base

They were selling for $405 at my local best buy but I went ahead and picked one up anyways. Still a good prince IMO. Thanks for posting the deal Malik.

[quote name='jhweathers']i was 0 for 3 in my area,
i would be willing to pay shipping to someone who got it really cheap
i am dying for a new tv[/quote]

Same here. If anyone can get one for the $276 price, I'd do like $350 for one shipped, as long as it's insured and sent with the receipt from BB(so I could see if I could nab a protection plan for it from my local BB).

Any takers on this deal, since my local stores have it @ $454.99-$599.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Same here. If anyone can get one for the $276 price, I'd do like $350 for one shipped, as long as it's insured and sent with the receipt from BB(so I could see if I could nab a protection plan for it from my local BB).

Any takers on this deal, since my local stores have it @ $454.99-$599.[/quote]

@ $276 it was $297.xx after tax and it would be at least $40-50 to ship depending on where you are

Unfortunately, I know no one would lug this item to UPS/Fed-Ex or wherever for cost + shipping only, so the cost I listed is WAYYYY off, I know.

If Paramus out in NJ wasn't about a 2 or more hour drive from here, I'd go out there and try like hell to get one for $282, but that's just TOO FAR to drive for a deal. Well, unless I were to make a day out of it and hit every GS/EB/TRU/Kmart/Target and BB on the way out there for sales/clearances and so on.

I figured it would cost about $50 or so to ship a TV, but the 'time factor' for those grabbing the tv and shipping it would be what pushed it up over $400 for the tv. I know I wouldn't do that for free either.

This is why I tried getting a job with Kmart a while back, to get in on their clearance prices. But apparently, I didn't answer their silly survey questions just right, so I'm SOL.

Oh and I'm in Northeastern Pennsylvania, where there seems to be ZERO in stock for the super cheap price.

Quick question for anyone who nabbed the tv or is familiar with HDTV.

I'm located in Brooklyn. I set up my television tonight with no problems. It looks great, I'm really really happy with it. Price aside, I don't think I could have chosen a more perfect one. Anyhow, upon the initial setup, I tried scanning for channels without hooking up our old antenna, just to see if it would find anything. It didn't. So, I hooked up our old rabbit ears (not that old, decent radioshack antenna i guess) and scanned the channels again. This time around it found about 20 analog channels and 20 digital channels (a bunch of HD channels, at least). So we were browsing through them, and there were a bunch of duplicates. Instead of disabling the analog versions, my roommate thought he would re-scan the channels... this time around it found ONLY the ~20 analog channels, and absolutely zero digital HD channels. Now, around the same time that happened, it started to snow here... apparently we're having some kind of blizzard. What I want to know is: are we currently not receiving any HD channels because of the weather, or what? I think it's really weird that just shortly after seeing quite a few I was unable to find any whatsoever. I've run the scan a number of times since with no luck...

halp?

Um i have a 32" westy it's a different model, but i'd suggest maybe just unplugging the TV for 5-10 minutes and plugging it back in. Reset everything to default and rescan. Sometimes on certain channels the hd signal is lost, very annoying.

bread's done
Back