WET pricedrop at Gamestop $30 New/$25 Used

Great game because it was not afraid to admit to what it was. Some minor short-comings, but at this price it's about right

you know what OP? I think I'm going to get it. have $50 credit @ GS, also been eyeing SWTFU Sith Edition for $27.99, then get this Wet used, credit gone!!

Not worth it, even at that price. Trust me..if you really want to play it, rent it.

Much better games out there that you can use your money for.

I'll probably mix this with the trade one game get $20 in credit for Skate 2 that I picked up for $5 at HWV. Thanks OP!

Should be able to get the used for about $2!!

Used = $25 - 10% = 22.5

Trade-in = $20 + 10% = 22

Thinking about picking this up. I've got Godfather 2 on the way, and I should be able to trade that in for $20. I'll have to think about it for another day or two. Anyways, thanks for the heads up OP.

It would equal to a cheap rental if you buy the 360 version used (with an Edge membership even better), play and finish it by the 10th and trade it in since it qualifies for their $20 promo.

If there wasn't so much emphasis on bullet time, I would probably pick this up. It seems like you can't really get stuff done unless you slow shit down.

Props though OP.

I have around 6 hours and Im a little over half way through it, thats with searching for collectables also. It looks like when you beat the story it opens up a challenge mode also.

About time...after looking at my backlog though, I am still going to hold out until it gets even cheaper. It is good to see this finally got a price drop though...hopefully it will go on sale for cheap at some point lol.

Having played it / beaten it, I'm still on the wire for the price, but getting it used with all the discounts makes it bite-worthy. I'll order a copy tomorrow, when I get paid. Thanks OP!

is this game worth it? whats it about? the screenshots look kinda cool, but i have to plead ignorance on what its about.

as for buying it, beating it before the 10th and trading it in, why not just buy used, beat it and return it within 7 days? if youre gonna do it, might as well get the extra 3 days.

[quote name='postulio']is this game worth it? whats it about? the screenshots look kinda cool, but i have to plead ignorance on what its about.

as for buying it, beating it before the 10th and trading it in, why not just buy used, beat it and return it within 7 days? if youre gonna do it, might as well get the extra 3 days.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, which is what I just might do(have not done that for a long time).

I enjoyed Wet for the mindless fun and Eliza Dushku voice-over. It is a decent 3rd person shooter in the vein of Max Payne and Stranglehold. The soundtrack was one of the high points for me. I would recommend at the $20 price point.

So yeah, the price on line was just that only. In store it was $26.99. I noticed this was the case with the Sith Edition I grabbed too. Well this sucks that we can no longer get an accurate in-store priced online..is this new? b/c I haven't seen it before...

I will probably pick it up. I liked it enough to warrant a second play through as well. I think it's well worth the money used honestly.

[quote name='postulio']is this game worth it? whats it about? the screenshots look kinda cool, but i have to plead ignorance on what its about.

as for buying it, beating it before the 10th and trading it in, why not just buy used, beat it and return it within 7 days? if youre gonna do it, might as well get the extra 3 days.[/QUOTE]

Download the demo...

I think what WET does right is the atmosphere it has, but in all honesty I still prefer Stranglehold. It's nice to see a price drop.

I just rented it and beat it in about 6 hours. It was a fun game with great atmosphere. You can't go wrong with it for $25 or less.

I tried the Demo of this and was really turned off by the bright bloody red part of the game. It just didn't appeal to me and made me motion sick.

Ooooo...if I hadn't gone fuck nutty over the holidays and created the backlog from hell, this would be a damn decent price point and I'd have bitten. As it is, I gotta say no till my backlog drops some or it hits under $15. Damn my urge to consumer-ize! :bomb:

I didn't care for the game at all, even though I finished it. It had some cool aspects, but was really unpolished overall. I honestly felt like I was playing an Xbox1 game.

If I could do it over again, I wouldn't buy it until it hit $20 or below. $10 ideally.

I rented it, played it on Hard, got stuck on a level where they remove every single advantage you've come to depend on by having you fight while falling, and couldn't get past it. Every other part had a learning curve, which I expect on Hard, but this level felt like they couldn't think of an original way for this to happen or to help me by allowing me to use something I had been taught.

Won't be buying it anytime soon, I'll probably snag it at $10 one day and play through on Medium.

[quote name='trueheart78']I rented it, played it on Hard, got stuck on a level where they remove every single advantage you've come to depend on by having you fight while falling, and couldn't get past it. Every other part had a learning curve, which I expect on Hard, but this level felt like they couldn't think of an original way for this to happen or to help me by allowing me to use something I had been taught.

Won't be buying it anytime soon, I'll probably snag it at $10 one day and play through on Medium.[/QUOTE]

Same part I got to and sold it since price was dropping at the time. I would pick it up again at the next b2g1 free sale.

bread's done
Back