Wet

mwynn

CAGiversary!
This game would be so much better if it had El Mariachi.

I really do not like the controls. The aiming is way to stiff.

9/15/2009 on Amazon

I am pretty sure we played the same game. I however do not like the controls. Or the cookie cutter character.

Stranglehold gets right what this game gets wrong.

[quote name='mwynn']9/15/2009 on Amazon

I am pretty sure we played the same game. I however do not like the controls. Or the cookie cutter character.

Stranglehold gets right what this game gets wrong.[/QUOTE]

i like the style and atmosphere of wet though one thing i wish you could do in this game that i dont think you can is punch and kick people or at the very least kick. stranglehold was ok but it felt like a chore to play and it looks like this game will have more variety to it. the controls are a bit stiff but i like them. i like the grindhouse look to the game too.

The demo on PSN was bad. I agree.

Was like a bad mix of stranglehold and no more heroes.

I don't if it's the fact that I've been mainly playing games on my pc lately but the graphics were pretty bad too. Tons of jaggy lines everywhere. Aliasing I think it's called. More than I remember on any ps3 game(again, maybe just me?).

[quote name='HowStern']
Was like a bad mix of stranglehold and no more heroes.

I don't if it's the fact that I've been mainly playing games on my pc lately but the graphics were pretty bad too. Tons of jaggy lines everywhere. Aliasing I think it's called. More than I remember on any ps3 game(again, maybe just me?).[/QUOTE]

This is the feeling I got from the game as well, but I liked it... but I'll still wait for a price drop.

[quote name='lokizz']i dunno what you played but i loved wet. i want this game bad. does anybody know when its coming out?[/QUOTE]

If you liked it and want to buy it I think Gamestop is taking off $10 if you reserve it making it $49.99 if you want it but the deal may be dead...;)

[quote name='Davestation']If you liked it and want to buy it I think Gamestop is taking off $10 if you reserve it making it $49.99 if you want it but the deal may be dead...;)[/QUOTE]

The game is 49.99 on Amazon.

i still need to see more about the game but what i saw i liked so in the end it could go the way of bionic commando if the majority of gamers feel the way you all do which means a major discount. man none of you even liked the car level at the end of the demo?

[quote name='lokizz']i still need to see more about the game but what i saw i liked so in the end it could go the way of bionic commando if the majority of gamers feel the way you all do which means a major discount. man none of you even liked the car level at the end of the demo?[/QUOTE]

I didn't make it past the part where you had to take out the spawn points. The controls made me stop playing.

[quote name='mwynn']I didn't make it past the part where you had to take out the spawn points. The controls made me stop playing.[/QUOTE]

well after that part theres 2 more parts the last part to me is amazing. do yourself a favor and push past those 2 bits to get to the last section im pretty sure you will like it. i will say this though after playing it again i didnt like the way she climbs up walls. with as many games that allow you to do that it could be smoother.

as far as some of you complaining about the way the game looks its a grindhouse style game meaning the way it looks is intentional. theyre going for that gritty film look like what you see in older films or even in tarantinos movie Grindhouse.

[quote name='lokizz']i still need to see more about the game but what i saw i liked so in the end it could go the way of bionic commando if the majority of gamers feel the way you all do which means a major discount. man none of you even liked the car level at the end of the demo?[/QUOTE]

The car level was little more than a Rail Shooter with "Press X to not Die" events. Even then, the actual targeting part felt rather useless. With cars moving around and targeting requiring a good deal of precision, I felt any shots that connected were due to luck more than skill. Not that it seemed like it would matter...I was taking so little damage that the only thing that could kill me were the aforementioned "Press X to not Die" events.

Overall, the entire game felt like they spent more time working on the main character to give her sufficient attitude than they spent working on gameplay. There wasn't much there that hasn't been done better in other games.

I thought the demo was decent, and I don't know a whole lot of games in this style that are significantly better this gen. Infamous, sure. Bourne, maybe? Stranglehold, as others pointed out, was a chore. I'm really at a loss for non duck and cover 3rd person shooter games that are great so I can't bag on this game much.

That being said, it's more of a rental than a buy unless the game is of decent length and has ample behind the scenes videos of Eliza Dushku.

[quote name='lokizz'] i like the grindhouse look to the game too.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Here's hoping they make a Planet Terror video game!

did anyone who tried it notice you can run up someone and flip off of them? its pretty cool to do that and then flip and shoot them. i checked out the website for the game i really need to see more. if theres more moves, wepons ect its gonna be a hell of a game.

I played this last night. I was not impressed. I can appreciate the look(sort of a Planet Terror/Grindhouse thing), but the gameplay and graphic quality suck. It's like they tried way too hard to make it look cool and forgot completely to make it fun.

This game belongs on the PS2, not the PS3.

It wasn't fun, just frustrating. Seems like it leans too much on this sliding and shooting or jumping and shooting mechanic. I couldn't even seem to hit targets when I wasn't sliding or jumping.

I expected much, much more from Bethesda. Dissapointing.

Unless the demo is not a good representation of the actual game, I will not be wasting any more time on this one.

Bethesda didn't really make it, they just picked up the publishing rights after someone else (activision?) dropped it.

I liked the demo somewhat. the loose controls reminded me of bloodrayne for some reason. The car chase was cool but I agree "press button to not die", lol. I will buy this when its on target clearance for 9.98.

bread's done
Back