Whaaat? FRAPS hasn't been updated since February 2013! + Ivy Bridge GPU

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
I hardly ever use it, so when I do, it ALWAYS asks to update.  I was shocked that it didn't this time, and more shocked that it hasn't been updated in a year and a half when I could swear it used to get updated every other day.

Did it fold or something?  I mean the existing version works just fine for me, but maybe competition in terms of video recording cut into sales because Nvidia (and I guess AMD?) provide video recording abilities on their new GPUs?

I just use it for the frame rate monitor to test settings...

Also, sort of surprised that my Ivy Bridge GPU seems to run Ilomilo+ beautifully!  I've got a high end mobile Geforce, but it didn't bother kicking in for Ilomilo, but I set the settings to graphics quality "high" and resolution "high", and it seems to run silky smooth and look all shiny on the Ivy Bridge (16 core) GPU.   Ought to run great on at least a Surface Pro 2 or 3 (probably 1 also).

It's using most of it, though not 100% (at least in the first few levels).  Makes me wonder how powerful Intel's 16 core part is vs. Xbox 360/Playstation 3's GPUs.

It's easy to forget that the consoles are usually running on low-ish settings, but well selected settings so things still look great...I THINK this actually runs Dead Rising 2 just fine probably, but since I have the Geforce I didn't bother tweaking it, just switched back to that where I can max everything out.

(Oh, and Fraps isn't working on Ilomilo+...maybe because it's a Windows store game?  I'm not normally going to buy anything through that but I loved the demo on 360 and it was cheap...) 

Last edited by a moderator:
dxtory, bandicam, one of the many free live streaming programs (procaster, obs, playclaw, etc.)

dxtory for most options

bandicam for fraps replacement

others for no money and work ok

obs in particular is probably the best free one. don't have to use it for streaming lets you record locally.

your topic is all over the fucking place but here is some info

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back