What annoys you the most when shopping at gamestop?

Never really had a problem with employees pushing pre orders. I went in today to trade in a few games and the clerk would not stop trying to push Tomb Raider on me. He had a hard on for Lara or something, he want on a 10 min tangent on how awesome it's going to be. Only reason he stopped talking was another customer went up to purchase something. This guy wouldn't take no for an answer.

[quote name='dmaul1114']But pushing pre-orders, warranties etc. is probably the worst part as I just want to pay and leave. So I avoid stores that make their employees push things like that at the register.[/QUOTE]

I work at Home Depot and they want us to push warranties and credit cards all the damn time. We get written up if we don't sell enough warranties and a prompt comes up during EVERY transaction asking if the buyer is using their Home Depot card. It is quite annoying.

[quote name='nixmahn'] they need more hot girls working there[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slidecage']i just go there to stare at the hot hot asian chick that works there LOL[/QUOTE]

lucky, all i ever seen are fat girls.

WHAT I really hate is when they tell you they only got enuff copied to cover preorders. or they tell me if I don't preorder I wont be able to find the game anywhere. I always tell them I can go to 5 different places and get a game the day it comes out.

I overheard a manager telling a customer the other day that if he was interested in the new God of War he better preorder it because it will be sold out everywhere for a month.

I love that people are pre-ordering Bungie's Destiny. The new consoles aren't even officially announced yet, and it only has a release date of "next year" and yet people are alreay plopping down $5 for it. It just seems so stupid!

Im pretty surprised the pushing preorders doesn't have more votes...it takes me about 3 times as long as it should every time I buy or trade anything at GS while the employee goes down a list of all the games coming out in the next six months

Low trade-in values, piss poor customer service, and selling open games as new. But if I had to pick one, it would be selling open games as new. I'm pretty sure none of their other practices even comes close to that garbage. They should be shuttered for that alone.

I didn't vote for pushing pre-orders because I tell them upfront "I'm not pre-ordering ANYTHING"

I wonder how many pre-orders get forgotten about, I'm sure there has to be a ton of them. People throwing money at GameStop $5 at a time, the store needs a stripper pole!

I just transfered my $5 unclaimed preorder on an assasins creed 3 (put down so i could get the steelbook) to destiny and got the poster. Probably wont be picking that game up again and qwill eventually transfer the same credit to a differnt game with a sweet preorder bonus giveaway down the road. $5 well spent.. Hehe

. Fyi i do pick up some preorders on games that i really realy like but some games are not worth it and just getting the early preorder items that i feel are worth $5 down is good expense for me

I hate shopping there but they usually have the games in stock compared to my local best buy most of the times but one thing that annoys me where the constant barraging of pre-orders.

The weekend rock band 3 came out me and my cousins looked for some games to sell and go trade them in for a copy while I was browsing around they told my cousins to sign up for that whole power up crap and if they do it the game gets cheaper they obviously agreed but when I tried telling them no they had already signed up. So we could of gotten Rock Band 3 for like 30 but I had to pay another 15 to get the game and then what got me more pissed was the guy offering me a free pre-order and I was alright cool so I picked a game and he tried telling me that even though the pre-order is free I had to put down $5 I basically told him in his face that's the most stupided thing I've ever heard and just left.

There was also another incident where I was buying a game and the lady told me if I wanted to subscribe and I told her no politely. The game was 40 so with tax I gave her 60 since I only had 20's on me so after all that she had actually renewed my subscription and after she gave me my change and it was like a few bucks back so I told her where's the rest and that's where she told me she thought I wanted to renew after telling her no. I was pretty damn pissed I was about to go off on her but I was in a hurry and pretty much didn't feel like making a scene.

Also that whole New Gutted copy is total bs I always have to argue with a employee that I want a sealed copy.

Yea pretty much despise them. Sorry if nothing really makes sense haha. I'm tired and have a damn headache.

I also hate that far cry 3 is 39.99 new and 47.99 used. I also tell them before they start there preorder speech, I don't preorder so don't bother. that keeps them from the whole speech.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']I just transfered my $5 unclaimed preorder on an assasins creed 3 (put down so i could get the steelbook) to destiny and got the poster. Probably wont be picking that game up again and qwill eventually transfer the same credit to a differnt game with a sweet preorder bonus giveaway down the road. $5 well spent.. Hehe

. Fyi i do pick up some preorders on games that i really realy like but some games are not worth it and just getting the early preorder items that i feel are worth $5 down is good expense for me[/QUOTE]

I agree, I did the steel book for ac3, and for the poster for gta5, but being on cag for so long we all know we can get new games cheaper if we wait

The stickers that they plaster all over the cases. That and all the pre-owned copies of games that are disc only. I mean really -- Why do so many people throw away their game cases? Do they throw away their DVD cases too? Book sleeves?

If your store has an unusual amount of disc only games these are most likely stolen games, people go to stores, take the discs out of the packages and bring them in for trade in. Especially if you are finding lots of disc only games that look brand new. I don't think management can do anything about it unless they can somehow prove the games are stolen.

GS also gets a lot of trade-in's from parents and kids and these types don't usually keep the cases to their games.

Man, I can't believe asking about pre-orders annoy people so much. As someone who works at Gamestop, I ask most customers if they want to preorder something and throw out a few titles based on what they're buying. Sometimes, if someone says "no" very quickly, I make sure they know that it's not a scam to get their $5, they can get that money back, it guarantees the game, and usually has some extra preorder bonus.

I do the same shit with the power up card because some people think everything is a scam, and based on my sales experience, sometimes people don't realize they may benefit from something.

If you have a consistently bad experience, it's likely just your Gamestop, don't shop at that one. But I hate customers who turn into a dick if I ask them if they want to preorder something.

I hate to say it but the poor areas get a ton of trade ins, you rarely find something good but sometimes you do.

As far as gutted games go the standard should be 10% or 15% off if they give you one.

I always ask for 10% off if it is a gutted game, most of the time they give it to me but it's my choice if I want to take it.

I don't hate them. I kind of like that I can always find a game I want. And where I live, the employees are nice but i have seen annoying ones. They can be a rip off most of the time,especially with trade in values. But when it comes to games, Wal Mart rips you off ALOT. Never buy games from there anymore. Prefer Target or Best Buy. The worst part is seeing little snobby kids begging for black ops 2 just because their friends have it and call it "cool".

there should have been
Gamestop sucks I never shop there
Thats what I would have voted for
I mean they take 5$ off the recent games from two years ago and the prices are always high AF. I barely ever shop their. I went there 2 months after FF13-2 to pick it up since that was the first place to have it at $30

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I overheard a manager telling a customer the other day that if he was interested in the new God of War he better preorder it because it will be sold out everywhere for a month.[/QUOTE]

lol ffs

Somehow I feel like this belongs here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEfmC6HRF4

I'm kind of on the fence with Gamestop, while I don't hate them, I don't like them unless I know I'm getting the upperhand (or at least feel like it).

Examples of recent visits below:
When I was looking for a PSP Go because they were clearing them out, I called around to the 4 Gamestops in my area. At the store I ended up getting it from, the first thing out of the guys mouth when I asked over the phone was "Why do you want that piece of crap? It doesn't even play discs" To which I respond "Do you have one or not (and mutter a-hole under my breath)" He said they had one and proceeded to give me his opinion on how the Vita was better. I asked him to put it on hold and go get it. One hour later I arrive at said Gamestop to pick up my PSP Go. First thing I get is... "Are you really sure you want this? I mean it doesn't even play discs". To which I respond, "Yes, I want it" The conversation (one-sided) continued on from the employee as to how much it sucked, until I told them I had "plans" for it and they eventually dropped it. Once that was done, pre-order barraging began. They hand me 4 sheets of pre-orders and ask if I want to pre-order anything. I kindly say no, yet they persist. About 5 minutes later after I hear how I should pre-order this and that I finally get my total, pay and GTFO. Normally this Gamestop is good, but apparently they have hired a tool.

My most recent visit had me encounter another tool I've had to deal with before. I was simply picking up bargain bin cheap pre-owned games (that I'll never get around to playing, yet feel compelled to buy because they are under $2). I go to checkout and because I'm expecting it from this tool, I say I'm not interested in pre-ordering anything. He ignores that and tells me to look at lists and let me know what I want to pre-order. I tell him nothing and he asks again..and again.. and again.. until I tell him I have plenty of games to play and I will get any new games coming out I want 6 months after release for half the damn price when I'm ready to. His response is well don't you want to play them when they are fresh? I don't even respond. He proceeds to get my pre-owned games at this point. The ones I picked had cover art and manuals. He proceeds to pull gutted ones with generic cover-art out of the cabinets and ring them up. I ask for the the ones I grabbed because I want the cover-art. He sighs, mutters under his breath and says sure. Once the ringing up is done, he proceeds to inform me that my pro membership is about to expire and asks if I want to renew. I say no, I will do it later. He then proceeds to tell me about the perks (like I already don't know) and that I saved over $200 last year from it. The answer is still no. I finally check-out and get out of the store. I've dealt with this tool before, but he has gotten worse.

Back to more general topics:

The gutted copies really don't concern me too much as I never buy brand new games from Gamestop because 1. They seldom have good sales, and 2. I typically only buy cheap pre-owned games from them. Everything else from annoying clerks, to being barraged with pre-orders and pro membership BS, and crappy trade-in values pretty much ring true for me.

So after typing my thoughts out, I actually think I do hate Gamestop. Just shop there when I feel like I'm getting a good deal and if I can tolerate all the BS.

bread's done
Back