What are CAGS spending or have already spend their tax refund o

anotherjeff

CAGiversary!
So I was wondering, what are CAGs spending or have already spend their tax refund on?

It sure seems like the xbox 360 elite is timed just right so consumers will spend their tax rebate on it. Also, this is that time of years when HDTVs see major sales as refunds start to roll in.

Mine are going to student loans and bar classes. :bomb:

I'm self-employed so I pay quarterly taxes and don't usually get a refund at all.

Am I being a wet blanket by pointing out that you should really just save your refund, since it's money that you overpaid and not really a bonus, even though it seems like one?

Half went towards Gamecube games I wanted, the other half went towards food & bedding for my Guinea Pigs & Hamster. I only got $95 back for both since I only worked between April & June last year before I quit due to some hours the company never paid me for. It's been a pain in the ass explaining that during my interviews on exactly what happened.

Vegas for Memorial Day Weekend. Any CAGers who are going to be there, I'll be at the Hard Rock. Greatest pool party ever!

All computer parts, basically.

Athlon XP 2800+ -------> Athlon 64 X2 Duo 5200+
Radeon 9800 -----------> GeForce 8800 GTS (320mb)
Gigabyte K8N triton ---> Asus M2N SLI deluxe
WD 120 gig IDE --------> Seagate 300 gig SATA (with old HD as backup drive)

and so on.

Pretty much the only thing I didn't replace was the case. 1000 bucks well spent, I say.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Half went towards Gamecube games I wanted, the other half went towards food & bedding for my Guinea Pigs & Hamster. I only got $95 back for both since I only worked between April & June last year before I quit due to some hours the company never paid me for. It's been a pain in the ass explaining that during my interviews on exactly what happened.[/quote]

Try explaining the company suddenly lowering your payrate because of a rule you were never told about but that lowered your payrate a buck an hour. I had to deal with that about 5-10 years ago at the one place.

As for me, I'm self employed for now(working with a relative at their car lot and selling game related stuff sometimes), so I only made a tiny amount last year.

Thank god for family and living at home at this point....or I'd have to be picking out a Fridgidaire box behind BB to live in by now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Try explaining the company suddenly lowering your payrate because of a rule you were never told about but that lowered your payrate a buck an hour. I had to deal with that about 5-10 years ago at the one place.[/quote]
Maybe I should've described it better, I worked for a temp agency that sent me to place to scan medical records and the state's department of transportation maps & records. The place I was sent to is supposed to fax the time cards to the temp agency every monday, so we could get our checks on wednesday.

About two weeks before quitting, somehow I was missing 20 hours(out of a 40 hour week), then the next week another 10 hours. I know it wasn't right, cause I copied my times clocking in & out onto a MS word file each week so I would know my exact hours come payday. Brought it up with the temp agency the first time it happened, which I got the standard "we'll look into it". Then the second time, it happened I brought it up again and they'll still looking into it. I told them they had until the following monday to find out what happened, if there's no answer then I would quit. Monday came and no answer, I called tuesday morning telling them I quit.

Pretty much that last paragraph is what I've been saying in the interviews. I had a feeling the owner of the company they sent me to was fucking with the timecards(he was the one responsible for faxing them) cause they went through 8 different people before me in the span of 3 months which probably went through the same BS too.

As for this topic, good to see some have spent their return wisely.

bread's done
Back