what are ps3 must have titles ?

Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted, inFamous, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, and Warhawk come to mind. I have some others but they are not exclusive really (Ninja Gaiden Sigma...ok sort of) and then there are some PSN titles like Noby Noby Boy, and Flower.

cool thanks prime! good list to start off :) oh boy... valkyria chronicles is a tough one these days i should have jumped all over it sooner now ill have to somehow wait for an unlikely sale... i hear MLB 09 the show is something of beauty as well ! what else or specifically hehe whats good and can be found in the cheap currently! lol...

In no order -

Killzone 2
Uncharted
Valkyrie Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 4
inFAMOUS

There are more PS3 exclusives, but those up there are the MUST HAVES.

Unreal Tournament 3 is a requirement if you want unlimited fun. BEWARE THOUGH. The game is littered with mainly vets now so you will have a rough experience in the beginning. Plus the CAG UT3 night is still alive after a year.

I haven't played MGS4 yet, but my list is:
Killzone 2
Little Big Planet
Warhawk

There's a ton of good stuff on PSN as well.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Get outta here fanboy.[/QUOTE]

how does that make me a fanboy??
because im like everyone else????

i mean what ps3 game has even sold 7 million????

what im trying to say is

mario galaxy 7 mill
fable 2 7 mill

ps3...... killzone 2 almost sold 700,000(thousand)

so 7 million + people agree that ps3 isn;t worth the investment.

[quote name='garc4475']how does that make me a fanboy??

what im trying to say is

mario galaxy 7 mill
fable 2 7 mill

so 7 million + people agree that ps3 isn;t worth the investment.[/QUOTE]

Is that your idea of a counter argument? If so, that is pretty weak. Did it ever occur to you that people may own more than one console? Just because Mario Galaxy and Fable 2 sold 7 million each doesn't mean that 7,000,000+ people think the PS3 isn't worth the investment. You are nothing but a weak excuse for a fanboy.

what im trying to say is

mario galaxy 7 mill
fable 2 7 mill

Fable 2 broke the 2 million mark around march, that means april and may were record breaking sales months. Halo is the only game to hit over 5 million on the Xbox, gears may be close too.

Having just gotten a PS3, and owning a 360 and a Wii (and, you know, every other system), and not considering myself a fanboy of any of them, I'd recommend these are the "must haves" although the phrase is pretty generic since everyone has different tastes:

LittleBigPlanet
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted

I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles as well, but am still on the fence about it. I've only played the first MGS, but whenever I play the other two I'll probably pick up MGS4. I could go on about non-exclusives, but I'm guessing that you're asking specifically for those games only on the PS3.

Flower, Pixeljunk Eden, Pixeljunk Monsters, Resistance, Folklore, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Infamous and a ton more.

PS3 Must Play/Buy/Have Games

MLB 09 The Show
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Little Big Planet
Ratchet and Clank
Fallout 3
Killzone 2
Infamous
Uncharted
Metal Gear Solid 4
Valkyria Chronicles

God of War 3
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 2

All coming out later this year

[quote name='garc4475']LOL
Get a 360 or a pc...hell get a wii.[/QUOTE]

God, you are dumb. Concentrated stupid at work folks. THIS is the 360 fanbase.

Check out my blog post about why you should consider Valkyria Chronicles.

Otherwise, definitely pick up Uncharted, MGS4 and Super Stardust HD. InFAMOUS looks like a very worthy contender for GOTY.

[quote name='Paco']God, you are dumb. Concentrated stupid at work folks. THIS is the 360 fanbase.[/QUOTE]

You see these types all the time. They are mostly people who copy xbox 360 games, and hate the PS3 because it cannot be hacked, and then call any ps3 owner stupid for owning the system. They're a magical breed.

what im trying to say is

mario galaxy 7 mill
fable 2 7 mill

That's retarded. Sales aren't necessarily an indication of quality. Think of how many great movies had shitty box office numbers and vice versa.

[quote name='blitz6speed']You see these types all the time. They are mostly people who copy xbox 360 games, and hate the PS3 because it cannot be hacked, and then call any ps3 owner stupid for owning the system. They're a magical breed.[/QUOTE]

You know that's funny, because all my friends that own 360s ALL have nothing but COPIED games. I guess there's a reason why EA, Ubisoft, and several other companies say the profit is on the PS3. But hell, I'm tempted to buy a 360 just to get those copied games myself. Though I do believe in supporting the companies.

There are very few PS3 exclusives that aren't must haves. Tons coming out too. Heavy Rain, God of War 3, inFAMOUS. Then there's occasions where a multi-plat game will have ps3 exclusive stuff due to the larger disc capacity of blu like bioshock, mirrors edge, tales of vesperia, command and conquer red alert. whereas most xbox exclusive dlc for multi plat games is only timed. Like fallout 3 dlc and GTA4.

And exactly like blitz and paco said. Every time you see a console war on a forum one of the main arguments for the 360 is that it can be hacked. It's basically saying that the only thing that justifies owning one is getting games for free.

Havent been released or played, but i hear infamous is good and GOW3 seems like its gonna be good if the other 3 are any indication. Only problem with this list is that games like VC is very dependent on what kinds of games you like because I like it because I like strat RPGs. And I know a lot that dont share my interest. Although I think MGS4 is a must play. Also if your into online multiplayer MAG is looking interesting and SOCOM is fun if you can get used to the controls.

my recommendations, and why:

Wipeout HD: ADDICTIVE! Although I must admit I'm biased because I LOVE Wipeout to death, I still recommend it, it looks gorgeous and it plays incredibly well...but be warned, it's tough.

Killzone 2: Once again, gorgeous game, superb gameplay, takes a while to get used to the controls, but feels smooth once you do. Excellent multiplayer

LittleBigPlanet: If you like creating levels this is THE game to own. There aren't many games at all that exist that are this simple yet complex at the same time.

MGS4: Awesome story and gameplay, presentation is the best of the best, can't get any better for a movie-quality gaming experience.

Valkyria Chronicles: Very overlooked game sales-wise, has a beautiful art style and tremendously rewarding gameplay, highly recommended.

I'm glad to own a PS3 because of these games.

i really hate this fanboy shit. I held this website to a higher standard than 1up when it came to people posting messages.
Garc is a dumbass for saying things he doesnt know about and he's making us 360 owners look bad.
Paco is a dumbass for thinking that we're all the same and if his friends are a bunch of thieves that does say something about him too.

I own a 360 and a wii. dont have a ps3 because i cant afford it, but I'll own it eventually, if for nothing more than for the awesome MGS game

[quote name='ivandrz']i really hate this fanboy shit. I held this website to a higher standard than 1up when it came to people posting messages.
Garc is a dumbass for saying things he doesnt know about and he's making us 360 owners look bad.
Paco is a dumbass for thinking that we're all the same and if his friends are a bunch of thieves that does say something about him too.

I own a 360 and a wii. dont have a ps3 because i cant afford it, but I'll own it eventually, if for nothing more than for the awesome MGS game[/QUOTE]

You're calling me an idiot for stating truth? Fact is that many of the 360 owners ARE pirates and pirate TONS of games. That's one of the biggest reasons to get it, especially if you're economically hurting. Or a college student. I know many people that only have them BECAUSE of pirateable games. Denying this truth is hubris.

I didn't say ALL of you 360 fans are thieves, just some observations of friends, and how the local 360 community here is as a whole with everyone posting 360 mods on craigslist, certain shops selling the mods and so forth. You need to maybe hold back on shooting the gun and read a little more in depth, rather then act like a typical 360 fan and go RAWARRRRRR and blow your load over every single little thing that offends you.

And I had a 360 BEFORE having a PS3. What happened? Take a guess. RED RING. Microsoft charged 250 to FIX it. BLAMED ME for it stating their hardware is RELIABLE, and expected me to take their fucking with a SMILE.

[quote name='ivandrz']i really hate this fanboy shit. I held this website to a higher standard than 1up when it came to people posting messages.

I own a 360 and a wii. dont have a ps3 because i cant afford it, but I'll own it eventually, if for nothing more than for the awesome MGS game[/QUOTE]

Throw yourself off a cliff.

hehe now now no need to fuss about 360 :) they get to suffer the RROD anyway thats why theyre bitter :) yes 360s come to ps3 side you know the grass is greener here aside from that keep the list going to see what gets repeated most kinda means its pretty good i know its alittle flawed to say that but its generally true so good enuff! yeah i do really want to get valkyria chronicles but too bad its hard to find and when you do find its expensive must keep the inner CAG alive.

Here's the typical 360 fans. WARNING. NOT SAFE FOR WORK AT ALL. I experienced this MYSELF when on live with Call of Duty 4, Halo, World at War and the other multiplayer games my friends have. They engage in this too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6alOnuN-wCY

[quote name='Paco']You're calling me an idiot for stating truth? Fact is that many of the 360 owners ARE pirates and pirate TONS of games. That's one of the biggest reasons to get it, especially if you're economically hurting. Or a college student. I know many people that only have them BECAUSE of pirateable games. Denying this truth is hubris.

I didn't say ALL of you 360 fans are thieves, just some observations of friends, and how the local 360 community here is as a whole with everyone posting 360 mods on craigslist, certain shops selling the mods and so forth. You need to maybe hold back on shooting the gun and read a little more in depth, rather then act like a typical 360 fan and go RAWARRRRRR and blow your load over every single little thing that offends you.

[/QUOTE]

So the PS3 guys are using the modding excuse now?

Pick up Resistance 1, Resistance 2, MGS4, and Uncharted to start off.

Uncharted, Killzone 2, Infamous, Resistance 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, LBP, and some good ps2 games if you get a bc ps2.

First, just ignore the fanboy, heck, just ignore fanboys on both sides because this sort of stupidity is rampant everywhere. In the end, all a fanboy does is just limit his own enjoyment of his hobby, which is gaming, period. The most happy of us are the ones who realize that the hobby of gaming doesn't care about what console it's on so long as the games are fun (and affordable).

lowlowgoodprice, do you also have a 360? I ask this because if you don't, there's a lot of good multiplatform games that would be of interest to you that are also must buys, just not PS3 exclusive.

Until he answers I think it'd be safe for us to also recommend multiplatform games.

as long as its affordable (cheapish ;) ) sorry to ruin the mood... but it does make sense for everyone whos posted to assume ps3 exclusives cause well this is the ps3 discussion area afterall but i really dont mind if its not an exclusive i hear bioshock is a really great game :) so long as it can be played on the ps3! fire away! oh no 360 here :) i do not wish to get RROD'd
oh man Infamous does look like an epic game >_< too bad its @ new release price please let it drop fast lol.....

Well if you don't care about exclusive then THE game to get it Oblivion: GOTY. You will get your money's worth. Also must have games are:

Uncharted - Honestly everyone agrees this is THE game to get
Killzone 2 - for the graphics alone, the addictive Multiplayer helps

Those are the 3 (Killzone 2, Uncharted, Oblivion) "just buy no questions asked and you'll be happy". Here are some other people have mentioned, they're great games but have BUTS to them.

Resistance Series - The only reason to get these games are for the multiplayer, especially R2. The single player just isn't very involving, unless of course you play split screen or something.

Little Big Planet - Unless you're going to make a level you're not going to get the most out of this game and you're gonna need a lot of free time to make a level. Fun to play other people's levels once in a while but not a game that sucks you in.

Ratchet and Clank - If you loved the previous ones you'll more than likely enjoy this one. If you were getting burnt out and hoping for something new then you'll probably be disappointed in this one.

Fallout 3 - Great game but I'd pick Oblivion over this and to buy both would be too much and burn you out.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - You say to yourself "I've played all 3, I can handle the long cut scenes", you'd be wrong. This game is a great one time experience but after the hour and a half long cut scene ending I knew I'd never play it over again.

Personal Favorites (not must haves but I've gotten a ton of enjoyment out of):
Buzz Quiz TV - Great Party Game
Rock Band 2 - Great Party Game
Sing Star - Great Party Game
Sorry I love party games so I'm biased there

Soul Calibur 4 - great fighting game and the character creation is awesome
Orange Box - better version is the 360 but still a ton of fun on PS3
Civilization Revolution - TONS of replay, easy to use controls, just all around fun if you like strategy games.

InFamous is a single player only game, so if you have good timing, you might be able to pick it up when people finish the single player and aren't interested in keeping it. It couldn't hurt to ask if you could make a deal with someone who has a good trade rating if you can get dibs on his copy of infamous when he's done, where you basically pay half the cost after he's done with it.

I recently picked up Buzz, and it's pretty cheap too, even with the 4 buzzers. Great party game.

To echo the posts above me, Uncharted. It's still the best disc-released PS3 game I've played. But PixelJunk Monsters (download-release) has gotten more of my playtime, and if you like tower defense games, this one really is a must-have.

Valkyria Chronicles is also loads of fun too, if you like SRPGs.

Buzz is great if you have people to play with.

Some of the other big names never really roped me in--I found Little Big Planet cute and fun at first, but the controls (based on multiple planes) really frustrated me and I soon grew very bored with the game; MGS4 was more a movie than a game and I grew bored quickly with that one too; Killzone 2 is fun, but in my opinion COD4 is better, so I played KZ2 for a bit and just fell back to COD4 (that's just how I am with FPSs).

Also, be cautious when people list InFamous as a "must-have." That's based on hype and they most likely haven't played the game anymore than you have. This goes for any game that has yet to be released for any system. Just like it went for Lair and Haze (and MGS4 and Little Big Planet :p).

MGS4 does feel like a movie the first time around due to the epic movie style cut scenes.

But the second playthrough really shows what a great game it really is because you can just skip all the cinematics without worrying about missing anything. And the gameplay is so fun.

I still play the single player mode. Trying to go through it without getting any alerts right now. I'm on Act4. I got the assassins creed outfit. I need the solar gun too. (take out all bosses non lethally)

Hey you know what I've been wondering? Why are people hating on resistance 2 so much lately? I thought it was supposed to be good, no? I've only played the first one

Uncharted is pretty much the only exclusive PS3 must have title worth getting.

Uncharted 2 is looking really good to date as well.

[quote name='manthing']Uncharted is pretty much the only exclusive PS3 must have title worth getting.

Uncharted 2 is looking really good to date as well.[/QUOTE]

MLB 09 The Show is the best sports game out there.

Little Big Planet is a great platformer with a ton of replay value.

Resistance 1 and 2, Killzone 2 are well above average FPS.

Valkyria Chronices is a must buy.

Ratchet and Clank is a ton of fun.

Metal Gear Solid 4. Enough said.

Infamous?????????????
There are 10-15 PS3 Exclusive must have games out right now. To say that Uncharted is the only one worth getting screams of 360/Wii Fanboy.

i liked playing devil may cry 4. resident evil 5 and street fighter 4 were okay [3.5/5 is what i'd give]

i played metal gear solid 4 and the game feels really different from the past three iterations of the game. from playing all previous metal gear solid games, i'd say that 1 and 2 were pretty good [4/5] while 3 and 4 being okay [3/5]. you know what's funny, there was a trailer of it making fun of splinter cell with the night vision goggles that the splinter cell character is associated with, that for some reason metal gear solid 4 plays similar to it [hiding in shadows, for instance, is similar to splinter cell].

burnout paradise feels awfully familiar. it felt like playing need for speed underground 2.

final fantasy 13 when it gets released right?

bread's done
Back