What are some affordable great quality/sounding ear buds?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
So I've got some pretty decent headphones, but I was looking for ear buds now that the earbuds I had from my Ipod are starting to get old/go out. Any recommendations for models/brands? I prefer ones that can be bought in store, but if there's something worthwhile online than I don't mind either.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread...ed-db-logic-ep-100-skullcandy-fmj-added-12-17

enjoy your read
The pic below is a chart.
so yeah, dont be lazy and find a earbud on your price range or likes and
read...read..READ
get yourself educated on this field

also, join head-fi
Drop your crappy ibuds and join the sound scientists master race.

7731d4ef_IEMchartljokerlpt1.png

11a0540c_IEMchartljokerlpt2.png

i have the ultimate ears triple fi 10
the sound is excellent and the price is :roll:
then again, i bought them for 99 bucks in Black Friday

I use Sennheiser CX300. They are not that expensive, but definetely worth their money. The sound quality and especially bass response is very good. Ear buds are the best for this!

Skull Candy and Sony (mdr ex33lp's) make decent ear buds. You can get the Skull Candy ones at Target this week for $5 if they have any left.

If you did end up wanting some Skullcandies, check a TJ Maxx if you have one near, as they have a bunch of different types at really cheap prices.
I got my new iPod and wanted some good buds that would stay in my ear while running. Usually I can't get a pair of ear buds to stay in normally, but the ones I got (can't think of the model at the moment) won't fall out on me at all, for any workout. And they have pretty good bass and combined with my iPod can go loud enough to make my hearing suck for a couple minutes after turning the sound off.

I always heard they were like Boss, MonsterCable, etc. High price for the name only. But these I got are pretty good.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Skull Candy and Sony (mdr ex33lp's) make decent ear buds. You can get the Skull Candy ones at Target this week for $5 if they have any left.[/QUOTE]

Are they like on clearance? For $5, I just can't pass up on them.

i agree with the Skull Candy's! i have been using my pair for quite some time and haven't experienced feedback problems, static, or a fluctuation in bass/tones

Skull Candy's are probably the worst sounding ear buds ever. The Monster turbine's are a great choice for $58.99. That's not a bad price. Most reviews for them are good and the biggest con they had was that the $180 price point was too much. At $59, you really can't argue.

I just ordered the Monster Turbines yesterday during the DOTD for $58.99. First time buying any buds for more than $15. Going to see how these sound and hope I made a good spontaneous purchase.

Hmm

As opposed to the whole line of headphones and In Ear monitors that Monster has released, the turbine line is pretty good.
Since this should be a general rule, i would repeat this:
Stay away from Monster, Bose and Skullcandy.
Simple as that.
Those 5 bucks skullcandys are good to work out and style.
Other than that [Yes, i dont want to be a cool kid!], i would never put them in my ear.

The Monster Turbine Pro Copper, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine are probably the best earphone products from Monster.
Of course, the Copper > Gold > Turbine goes in term of sound quality but that is because the others are more expensive and are more high-end than the original turbines. The Copper and Gold are even different in the sound and not just in color.

The Monster Turbine are pretty good for that price too when i start thinking about it.
Glad there were people to have made that purchase.

Affordable, as in cheaper than $25 right? Try the Soundmagic PL21, they sell em on focalprice.com for $19, google coupons to the site and you can probably get it down to $15. The MEElectronics M6/9 are also a good budget pair as well that are $20 and below(M6 usually only $20)

Skullcandys suck and CX300 have crappy build quality IMo and bass is much too strong

It really depends on what kind of music you are listening too. I prefer harder electronic stuff, so bass is a must for me. You didn't tell us why you need earbuds? In case you will use it with sports activity, you better buy cheaper ones, so you can easily replace them.

[quote name='Swift900']Monster Turbine High Performance In Ear Speakers

These Monsters are currently featured as Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day. They are originally priced at $180 marked down to $60. I haven't tried them personally, but they have a favorable 4/5 star rating under Amazon's user reviews.[/QUOTE]

Got the same ones from Amazon and now that I've found the right ear tips, after using them for a few hours I'm lovin' the sound.

I wish i would of bought the Monster Turbines from Amazon during black friday week for $70, they have a lifetime warranty and they will replace them 1x even if you break them, i will get these if i find a good price.

bread's done
Back