What are some good books to read up on various mythologies?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
I've always been interested in mythology, but outside of some textbooks where they made a passing reference to them, I haven't delved too much into it. Can anyone recommend any? i'm talking about all kinds of mythologies, though more so Japanese, Norse, Greek/Roman, Irish, etc. with less to do with native American mythology.

I took a course on world mythology last year, and this was one of the required textbooks:

http://product.half.ebay.com/World-Mythology_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ50347065

It's not bad; good general information and the information it pretty concise with lots of pictures. It's not as in-depth as other books, but it is a nice starting point.

Libraries are great places since you can find the mythology section and look around there. Plus, it's free!

Wikipedia's a nice site to look into too, since the articles tend to have external links and books as citations.

Good luck!

Go to barnes and noble or borders in the "bargain books" there are usually a ton of books about mythologies. At my banres there is a mythology set that covers every major culture. they seem comprehensive and only $7 a book

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Christian bookstores usually have a ton of this stuff.[/QUOTE]

I knew it wouldn't take more than 3 replies for a comment such as this.

bread's done
Back