What are some good gaming Headsets

Earmuffin585

CAGiversary!
My Saitek GH30 broke and I was think of getting a new headset. My Budget is 50 .

What do you think about these Headsets?

Plantronics Gamecom 367 Headset - $25

Genius HS-04u - $38 -

Creative Labs Fatal1ty HS-1000 - $50 -

Last edited by a moderator:
Your title is super wonky and those are all the same link.

To throw in my 2 cents though, I've owned both a fatality and a Plantronics Gamecom and I'd favor the Fatality. Creative has great support, the sound is great and so is the mic. It's also removable. The plantronics os very big and cushy but the mic can easily be broken and the plastic is a bit cheap, mine broke with ease.

My only problem with the fatality is the wires rubber coating is super thin, mine was recently stripped and kicked the bucket. The ear cups also take time to get used to but after a while they feel great.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Your title is super wonky and those are all the same link.

To throw in my 2 cents though, I've owned both a fatality and a Plantronics Gamecom and I'd favor the Fatality. Creative has great support, the sound is great and so is the mic. It's also removable. The plantronics os very big and cushy but the mic can easily be broken and the plastic is a bit cheap, mine broke with ease.

My only problem with the fatality is the wires rubber coating is super thin, mine was recently stripped and kicked the bucket. The ear cups also take time to get used to but after a while they feel great.[/QUOTE]

very sorry for the mistakes , Gamecom is very cheap tho. does the X-Fi have a huge impact?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Earmuffin585']very sorry for the mistakes , Gamecom is very cheap tho. does the X-Fi have a huge impact?[/QUOTE]

For almost all purpoeses, I'm going to say no. I got my Fatality for half price, I would not have payed full for it. I'd say go with the gamescom, just don't throw it around.

Headsets = crap.

I've said it in every headset thread that gets asked in here (there seems to be one every other week), buy a pair of Sennheisers and a Zalman clip mic. You can get a very nice pair of Sennheiser headphones for $20 (HD 201's). The sound quality on those is outstanding for the price and will beat out any $20, $30, $50+ "gaming headset".

[quote name='SEH']Headsets = crap.

I've said it in every headset thread that gets asked in here (there seems to be one every other week), buy a pair of Sennheisers and a Zalman clip mic. You can get a very nice pair of Sennheiser headphones for $20 (HD 201's). The sound quality on those is outstanding for the price and will beat out any $20, $30, $50+ "gaming headset".[/QUOTE]

This

usually things labeled "gaming" are a gimmick ;)

Please read this:

http://www.overclock.net/sound-card...3-ocnhc-guide-gaming-headphones-headsets.html

No really, read it... or go spend your money some more if you're a dumbass like most "casual" consumers, or "uneducated" people. :bouncy:

[quote name='SEH'] buy a pair of Sennheisers. You can get a very nice pair of Sennheiser headphones for $20 (HD 201's). The sound quality on those is outstanding for the price and will beat out any $20, $30, $50+ "gaming headset".[/QUOTE]
THIS! This this this this this. Sennheisers ALL the way. Have HD 201 and a HD 595 headset. AMAZING.

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']THIS! This this this this this. Sennheisers ALL the way. Have HD 201 and a HD 595 headset. AMAZING.[/QUOTE]

I've actually got both of those exact pairs.

bread's done
Back