What are some good sega cd games.......

[quote name='THE DARK KNIGHT']Just got a sega cd and genesis combo........need some suggestions for games on sega cd. Primarily looking for RPG titles.[/quote]

Lunar I & II
Snatcher
Shining Force
Dark Wizard
Dungeon Master II Skullkeep
Popful Mail

* Those are the only ones I can think of right now for SEGA CD that are RPGs. There's probably more. I'd definitely pick up the Lunars (if you don't already have them for Playstation) and Snatcher. Shining Force I think is just a compilation of a couple of GameGear SFs in Japan.

Anything by Working Designs (i.e. Lunar) is great if you can find/afford them.

Sonic CD is great, Final Fight is good, if you like beat-em ups, & Silpheed is AMAZING

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Eternal Champions for the Saturn is amazing (at least thats the way I remember it to be from 10 years ago)[/quote]

Do you mean SEGA CD? I never knew they put out EC for Saturn?

Vay is extremely repetitive.
Lunar 1 & 2 are extremely, extremely dated (I played them over about a year ago, it was not like I remembered...)
Popful Mail I remember being enjoyable.
Sonic CD and Shining Force CD get two thumbs up. If I had three thumbs, it'd get three thumbs up.

Horrible game, but everyone should own Night Trap. It's the game that started the whole "violent videogames" controversy, before Mortal Kombat.

As far as good games not yet mentioned: Keio Flying Squadron, Spiderman vs the Kingpin, Dungeon Explorer, and, for sheer comedic value, Kids on Site. Play the last one drunk.

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Eternal Champions for the Saturn is amazing (at least thats the way I remember it to be from 10 years ago)[/quote]

Do you mean SEGA CD? I never knew they put out EC for Saturn?[/quote]

yea I meant Sega CD. I have had Saturn on the brain for the past month since I got mine

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Eternal Champions for the Saturn is amazing (at least thats the way I remember it to be from 10 years ago)[/quote]

Do you mean SEGA CD? I never knew they put out EC for Saturn?[/quote]

They were supposed to bring one on Saturn called 'The Final Chapter' (as shown on the back of early saturn boxes) but....it just never happened. Too bad.

Eternal Champions
Final Fight
Road Avenger (kick ass animated FMV game)
Sol-Feace (decent at least and dirt cheap)
Spiderman vs Kingpin

bread's done
Back