What are some of the better Verizon cell phones?

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I want one with:

GPS (that says the names of the roads and stuff)

Bluetooth and USB

A memory card slot (microSD or some other type)

A decent camera (At least 1.3 megapixels)

An MP3 player (possibly with standard headphone jack)

A decent battery life

That's about it. I've been reading about the newest Chocolate phone. Is that one any good? Do you have any other reccomendations?

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I want one with:

Bluetooth and USB

A decent battery life

That's about it. I've been reading about the newest Chocolate phone. Is that one any good? Do you have any other reccomendations?[/quote]

then you would like an env. i just got one 2 days ago and i love it.

Another Env here, but if you dont txt don't bother. The LG's are great though. The 8700 looks great and has a 2.0 megapixel camera, but without flash. If a 1.3 megapixel is enough, the 8600 is very nice too. None of these have a 3.5 stereo jack though, and to my knowledge no Verizon phones do. Or atleast the ones we carry in my Best Buy wireless department dont.

The 8700 has a 2.0 mp camera? I thought it was 1.3, either way I rarely ever use the camera, also to listen to music on it, you have to use some adaptor they give you, which I'm also not sure if it's a 3.5 or 2.5mm jack. Well I'm no help and I have the damn phone. It looks sleek though.

env is probbably the best phone verizon has. espically its gps. and they are cheap. you can get one at circuit city for $80 with a 2 year contract. ive probbably sent over a 100 texts in the last 2 days ive had it. and the camera is great on it 2 mega pixel.

I have the original V, (pretty much the enV but bigger) and it has treated me well. Go for the enV or if you want cheaper then the V, but i really hate verizon regardless.

I have the original V too, for about a year and a half now. Its been locking up on me a lot lately though but thats because I sorta do a work around with my comp for my ringtones and such. I'm going to change to the Samsung U740 soon, I'm kinda tired of having a bigger phone and after the V I can't go without a keyboard.

[quote name='thegarageband']Second.[/quote]

lol i went into hurricane harbor w. my razr by accident. wen i got out and tried to turn it on i heard the water sizzling from the power running through the board xD. luckily i had insurance :p. If you want a good phone selection go w/ a GMS carrier. Im using ATT and i dont think its as bad as everyone says it is. Course were only on ATT cause a majority of the people we know are on it also. Mobile to mobile ftw!

Also, you could try to find a phone online if your thinking about starting a new plan w/ verizon cause if you buy imported phones from Europe or Asia its usually cheaper and you get more selection. Got my samsung U600 online and i couldnt be happier w/ it. MP3 player, 3mp camera, 60mb shared memory, up to 2 gig expandable micro sd, external touch sensitive buttons and on top of that its 10.9mm thin! :O. *Not available in US yet kiddies*

Add another tally to the enV users.

I originally got the samsung Sch-U740 and while it was flashy, it just didn't do it for me. So I swapped out my phone at circuit city for the new green enV yesterday and I'm loving it. I still miss my e815 though.

I just got an enV myself. So far, I'm really diggin it. A lot better than my last phone, Moto v710. I was looking at the enV and the Sammy U740. I liked the look and feel of the U740 but dialing on that is a retarded mess. Tiny 0-9 keys plus it's arranged retardedly when it's in horz flip. Going to websites and txting on MobileIM is so much easier. My fave celly thus far and I've owned a ton of them.

I'm looking for a new cell phone as well. Probably a dumb question, but what's up with the GPS on cell phones? How much does it cost?

Anyone have any experience with the MOTORAZR maxx Ve?

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I want one with:

Bluetooth and USB

A decent battery life

That's about it. I've been reading about the newest Chocolate phone. Is that one any good? Do you have any other reccomendations?[/QUOTE]

Based on my experience, the LG8300 is a great phone. I like how it can be modded and it has all the features you mentioned. I got it free with new every 2. It was a hell of a lot better then my old audiovox 9900. Battery life will depend on it's signal strength status and how often you use it. Sometimes I will leave it in a part of my house where the signal is weak yet the battery is like 75% full... the next morning the battery would be dead because it took so much power trying to keep a signal lock.

I've had the VX8600 for about 2 months now and I really like it. If you want a regular filp phone it's a good choice: well designed, thin, durable, and with 2 nice screens. Also, with BitPim it's easy to use the bluetooth to work around Verizon's blocks for transferring your own ringtones. The battery life is also pretty good. With moderate use I can usually go at least 4-5 days without charging.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']I'm looking for a new cell phone as well. Probably a dumb question, but what's up with the GPS on cell phones? How much does it cost?

Anyone have any experience with the MOTORAZR maxx Ve?

[/quote]

im not sure but i think it is $9.99 a month for each line you put it on.

My fam just got a new plan. I tried the env but am not much of a texting guy so I passed.

The awesome thing was there was a mistake on the pricing next to the new chocolate

The new chocolate is supposed to be $179 - a $50 MIR
Thats means $129

The mistake was that they listed the entertainment package that comes with stereo bluetooth headphones, software cd, usb cable, an extra wall charger and a 4 gig card (with adapters) for $230. But in the product info they said the phone came with it for that price. I thought that wasnt a price mistake but the guy told me it was. But anyway the honored the pricing mistake and gave me the phone and the media pack for $230- OR SO THEY THOUGHT!!!

I looked at my receipt and found that everything came to $260 total and I can still send in the $50 rebate!

So for $210 I got
The new chocolate phone
a 4 gig micro sd
usb cable
great sounding stero bluetooth headphones
an extra wall charger
software cd.

I got this all for less than the media acecories pack usually cost by itself!!!!

Needless to say i am very happy. I wasnt even bitching or telling the they HAD to honor the mistake. They just did. They even let my dad get one for that price too!

The Successful Dropout:
GPS, Online browsing, Video Streaming, Texting, Email and the like are all unlimited if you have the premium plan. I think you have to have the premium plan to do GPS (we have the premium)

Env, have had it for about 2 months. Great phone

2 MP camera

good battery life (could always get the bigger battery if u wanted more)

great for textin

bluetooth works very well

The chocolate is very solid..I love mine, but I agree about the texting problem. The keypad is rather narrow, so it makes texting difficult. Other than that, the camera's great, the mp3 feature is nice...and the screen is sharp. I also used the gps on it and it's awesome. Sounds like it's perfect for your needs.

I have a Moto RAZR and I kinda love it. I'm pretty sure it satisfies all of your criteria, too. The EnV was my second choice...ultimately, I decided it's a little to chunky to haul around everywhere.

bread's done
Back