What are the cheapest airline services?

Predator21281

CAGiversary!
What airline service or site would provide the cheapest tickets? I'm trying to return back for a weekend from Miami to Chicago so I can see the Gorillaz play live, but my price range is about $70.

Just have to shop around. I usually just check travelocity or expedia, then also check the airline websites as sometimes they'll have a cheaper fare than those sites pull up.

I usually fly Delta though. Atlanta is their main hub so they have the most flights and tend to be the cheapest here.

Airtran is pretty cheap. I am shocked you are asking on here instead of checking out priceline or one of those sites.

[quote name='Predator21281']What airline service or site would provide the cheapest tickets? I'm trying to return back for a weekend from Miami to Chicago so I can see the Gorillaz play live, but my price range is about $70.[/QUOTE]

Use Southwest from Midway to Fort Lauderdale. The drive from Fort Lauderdale to Miami (non rush hour) is about 20 minutes. On Ding, you should be able to get real cheap.

Do you really want to be cheaping out on an airplane? Seriously. I know we're CAGs around here, but if there's one thing I'm willing to spend a little extra money on, it's the contraption that has jet engines rigged up to it that's going to be lifting me miles up into the air.

Yeah, Airtran is sometimes a tad cheaper out of ATL than delta, but not often.

I'll generally stick with Delta to rack up frequent flyer miles if the prices are within $20--and the planes tend to be more comfortable than Airtran's.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, Airtran is sometimes a tad cheaper out of ATL than delta, but not often.

I'll generally stick with Delta to rack up frequent flyer miles if the prices are within $20--and the planes tend to be more comfortable than Airtran's.[/QUOTE]

I just flew airtran a couple of weeks ago. Ton of leg room for coach on a 727?

Varies by planes of course. I've had some very comfy Airtran flights, and others that were very cramped.

On average I've had more comfy flights on Delta, and they have the most flights out of ATL so I tend to stick with them.

bread's done
Back