What are the pros and cons of getting an Xbox One?

PetersHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
236 (100%)
I haven't looked into the current generation of consoles since their release, but I do know many things changed with the Xbox One due to complaints and whatnot. I know some of you really keep up to date with this stuff, so if you could help I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking of getting an Xbox One for Halo 5 and the MC collection. Most of the games I've looked at have been for PS4. I'm not sure if they're multi-platform or not. Halo 5 is one of my most anticipated games, but I'm just not sure it's worth buying a console for. In regards to always online and all the other shit Xbox One had, what changed? What does it have now? 

If I don't get in on Halo 5 within the first year or so I'll just stick to PC gaming for the next two years or so and then pick up a PS4. That's pretty much the only game I'd ever care to play online, and really the only reason I'm even considering a current generation console right now; I don't really want to miss out on the large first year community. However, bad choices by Microsoft in regards to Xbox One and especially in-home privacy are more than enough to keep me away. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some games require always online just like the PS3/360 days but without updates some games don't run well so internet is a must. You no longer need the Kinect and honestly you should wait and hope for a price drop or Halo 5 bundle. Right now besides Ryse which is bad, Sunset Overdrive, Ori which will be on the 360 there isn't much incoming.

D4, by Swery who made Deadly Premonition, and Scalebound, by Hideki Kamiya, who made Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101 are my main reasons for wanting to get an Xbox One. I'm in wait and see mode still. Probably will get one after getting a PS4 and once there's a larger library of games. With the lack of promotion for D4 I'm guessing Microsoft doesn't care too much about games I like. Also, nothing else really matters because Bloodborne. 

Im in the same boat.

I want something new but not seeing much there.

The few times I go on my 360, I see 9 people on One, and all of them on Destiny.

Nothing else on.

Even my wife is complaining theres nothing good. She used to play RPGs like snes FF. Or watch me play Metal gear solid.

bread's done
Back