What are the rare SNES games?

2DMention

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I'd say one of the rarest is probably Aero Fighters.

Just a bare cart goes for ~$80 on ebay. I've seen complete copies on ebay with BIN of 250+ but they never sell.

I have a complete copy I bought from a local video store closing.

What else is rare/sought after? Probably Earthbound, Wild Guns and Harvest Moon.

Earthbound, definitely. The Donkey Kong Country competition cartridge also carries a hefty price tag, as does the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy. There are not too many that go for the $80+ prince range, but there are plenty of games around $30 (Which I interpret as being somewhat rare).

Final Fantasy 3, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario world., Mega Man X-3, Kirby's Super Star (Although that one might have went down since the release of it on the DS.)

I believe Ogre battle is also not very plentiful. Of course I have one, in the box. :D

I also have Earthbound, in the box. It seems to go for around 80 bucks on Ebay. I also managed to get a sealed, empty Earthbound box. I think it was used for display purposes.

My best SNES item tho, is a Super Nintendo plastic hanging display that has Mario on top of Yoshi. I used to be friendly with an EB manager years ago and he gave me cool stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MortalKombat2007']Donkey Kong Country Competition
Star Fox Super Weekend
[/QUOTE]

Sold both of these on eBay last month for quite a cool sum. Really loved having these in my collection since the day I bought them from Nintendo Power but to be honest I never really played them much so figured I'd get myself some very nice spending money. :D

How much did you get for SFSW. Still have my cart. Yay for Grandma paying for my nintendo power subscription for like, most of my childhood. lol

[quote name='BigPopov']How much did you get for SFSW. Still have my cart. Yay for Grandma paying for my nintendo power subscription for like, most of my childhood. lol[/QUOTE]

$350 but that's because I also still had the info card that came with it. Cart alone is usually only ~$250-275 or so max.

I need a box for my copy of Earthbound. I have the cart and strategy guide.

Earthbound complete goes for $150+ on eBay.

all these threads make me wish i took better care of my games. all i have are carts for FF3, E-Bound, Ogre Battle, I might still have X3, CT, SMRPG...

Oh geeze, a complete SNES Harvest Moon goes for over 150 on ebay...
I have the game and the complete box somewhere in my basement...

Final Fight Guy (US version) was an exclusive Blockbuster rental. The only way to obtain was to claim you "lost it" and pay the fee, or buy it when they sold off their SNES rentals. I have no idea if they ever came sealed...

[quote name='Guerrilla']Final Fight Guy (US version) was an exclusive Blockbuster rental. The only way to obtain was to claim you "lost it" and pay the fee, or buy it when they sold off their SNES rentals. I have no idea if they ever came sealed...[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was ever sealed. Since it came from BlockBuster, i believe every store had to gut out the copy from the box but who knows up until recently i thought Air Raid never had a box.

Exertainment Mountain Bike Rally/Speed Racer
Super Copa
Star Fox: Super Weekend (Official Competition)
Donkey Kong Country Competition
Super Noah's Ark 3D Wisdom Tree
Miracle Piano Teaching System
Castlevania: Dracula X Konami
EVO: The Search For Eden Enix
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy Tecmo
Aero Fighters

Super Nintendo SNES Rarity Guide

I missed out on SNES collecting. I was a broke college student during the tail end of the snes lifespan, so I sold all my games and sunk my money into a Super Wild Card disc copier. It was cool to have EVERY game back in the day, but I really had nothing.

In later years I tried to start collecting (I no longer pirate any games and havent for years), but I never got anything great or rare. I do have many of the beloved and sought after games, but all cart only.

I still have my disc copiers though, lol

[quote name='JoeJohn']Earthbound is rare and an awesome game. Should be in every snes collection.[/QUOTE]

Earthbound isn't rare, just valuable.

While not super rare I always wanted to play Metal Warriors. I've tracked down just about every SNES game I've ever wanted hunting at discs replays but never this one.

bread's done
Back