What are you looking to cop on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Alpha 176

CAGiversary!
Title explains it all. I'm looking to cop multiple hookers, your mother, and a quality HD Camera to film my Harry Twatter Series on Black Friday, but that is besides the point.

I'm going to make my father sit his ass in line for Black Friday at Best Buy since i'll be working all day, but this is what i'll be having him grab.
(Ironically my father couldn't give less of a shit about most things in this world, but he does love to sit back on Black Friday and watch people kill each other for a few good deals

What i'll be grabbing:
2 - 42" 1080p LCD Sharp TV ($199.99)
1 - 250GB Xbox Holiday Bundle (199.99)
??? - As many Xbox Live 3 Month Cards as my Best Buy carries

What I may grab depending on circumstances, availbility, and prices:
- Movies (Looking for $4-$5 a pop)
- MW3 and Skyrim (Hoping for either, or preferably both at $40 or less a pop)​

I'm also looking to get MW3 (ps3) and Skyrim (pc)...not sure where I can get the best deal for them yet =/

Hoping to get Tropico 4 at a good discount on Steam, as well as certain Christmas gifts I have in mind for people on Amazon and/or other sites. Also going to keep an eye out for online deals in general.

No way I'm going to a brick and mortar store on Black Friday!

Why isn't Amazon on the poll? Why do people treat Cyber Monday like its anything different than the "deals" you find Friday-Sunday online?

[quote name='kodave']Why isn't Amazon on the poll? Why do people treat Cyber Monday like its anything different than the "deals" you find Friday-Sunday online?[/QUOTE]

Because Amazon technically will have all of its "good" deals on Cyber Monday, not Black Friday.

In my opinion Black Friday is way better. Then again i'm just a social person, chatting it up with the folks around me in line. Its a ton of fun, and people who despise BF have probably never been to it, aren't social, or don't think waiting outside a store for 10+ hours is fun. Compare that to sitting on your ass, grabbing some decent deals on Amazon. Meh, just not as exciting.

[quote name='Zaku77']Bewbs!![/QUOTE]
This. Too bad my gf will be 1100 miles away during that particular period of time. :whistle2:x

[quote name='Alpha 176']In my opinion Black Friday is way better. Then again i'm just a social person, chatting it up with the folks around me in line. Its a ton of fun, and people who despise BF have probably never been to it, aren't social, or don't think waiting outside a store for 10+ hours is fun. Compare that to sitting on your ass, grabbing some decent deals on Amazon. Meh, just not as exciting.[/QUOTE]
Getting all of my items in 5 minutes from the comfort/convenience of my home vs. battling my way through hordes of people/flippers/neckbeards just to grab one copy of a discounted game. Tough call.

[quote name='Pirate331']This. Too bad my gf will be 1100 miles away during that particular period of time. :whistle2:x

Getting all of my items in 5 minutes from the comfort/convenience of my home vs. battling my way through hordes of people/flippers/neckbeards just to grab one copy of a discounted game. Tough call.[/QUOTE]

The items i'm going to be grabbing will not be available online. They are door-busters only, and a very limited supply of them...

That PS3 bundle for $200. Hoping to also get Arkham City for Best Buy (to go with the PS3 bundle since both deals are there) and gonna see if I can either have a friend go to Meijers or if there's one in the town I'm going to for Thanksgiving to get Star Fox 64 3D & Kirby Mass Attack for $20 each.

[quote name='Alpha 176']Because Amazon technically will have all of its "good" deals on Cyber Monday, not Black Friday.

In my opinion Black Friday is way better. Then again i'm just a social person, chatting it up with the folks around me in line. Its a ton of fun, and people who despise BF have probably never been to it, aren't social, or don't think waiting outside a store for 10+ hours is fun. Compare that to sitting on your ass, grabbing some decent deals on Amazon. Meh, just not as exciting.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Maybe since you're out "being social" waiting in 10 hour lines you haven't been shopping on Amazon, but Amazon has the same quality deals Thursday through Monday, and no day is any better than any other other than when you get subjective about the particular titles. This is because Amazon spreads out their price matching and their own deals over 5 days (since they start stuff on Thanksgiving now).

The entire thing is just one big gimmick. In reality, its the same shit over different days. Amazon has to be on the ball offering the same deals on par with B&Ms over that weekend, otherwise they lose out on business and money. I almost think you're trolling me at this point.

[quote name='Alpha 176']The items i'm going to be grabbing will not be available online. They are door-busters only, and a very limited supply of them...[/QUOTE]

You've obviously never shopped online. Or again, trolling. Yes, some doorbusters won't be online, but if you're talking doorbusters like maybe certain DVDs or whatever, they most certainly are online, sold at limited quantities for a limited period of time. I routinely have grabbed DVD "doorbuster" deals online from Best Buy on Thanksgiving night in the past.

Pretty much stay in my (food stained) pajamas and hang out on Amazon, while giving out epic heals in WoW. 4 day weekends are SO FTW.

[quote name='Pirate331']This. Too bad my gf will be 1100 miles away during that particular period of time. :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

Sing along time!

If you can't be with the one you lo-ove.....

Cyber Monday is overhyped... just from experience, Amazon had better deals before that including BF, I even got in on some nice Thanksgiving deals...

OP... Better be ready to get to Best Buy VERY early to snag one of them TVs...

[quote name='doodmandood']Best Buy:

Mad Men seasons 1-4
Call of Duty WoW
HP7.5

Got a $50 GC to spend so I should be juuuuuust over.[/QUOTE]

How much is Mad Men Season 4 going to be?

[quote name='Alpha 176']
Title explains it all. I'm looking to cop multiple hookers, your mother, and a quality HD Camera to film my Harry Twatter Series on Black Friday, but that is besides the point.

I'm going to make my father sit his ass in line for Black Friday at Best Buy since i'll be working all day, but this is what i'll be having him grab.
(Ironically my father couldn't give less of a shit about most things in this world, but he does love to sit back on Black Friday and watch people kill each other for a few good deals

What i'll be grabbing:
2 - 42" 1080p LCD Sharp TV ($199.99)
1 - 250GB Xbox Holiday Bundle (199.99)
??? - As many Xbox Live 3 Month Cards as my Best Buy carries

What I may grab depending on circumstances, availbility, and prices:
- Movies (Looking for $4-$5 a pop)
- MW3 and Skyrim (Hoping for either, or preferably both at $40 or less a pop)​
[/QUOTE]

42" 1080p LCD Sharp TV ($199.99)

[quote name='lmz00']Am I the only one that doesn't plan on buying anything?[/QUOTE]

I don't... I really wanted to get a new PS3 Slim and 360S but ultimately said fuck it. My PS3 fat has served me well and the 360 would probably collect dust after I played Gears 3.

I'll probably end up buying some stuff anyway though, since Amazon has some good deals.

:360:
Dance Central 2 - Walmart
Kinect Sports Season 2 - Walmart
Sonic Generations - Gamestop

Also a new graphics card for my desktop. Probably get that from newegg :)

And whatever various Blu-rays are on sale via Amazon.

I will not be copping anything this black friday. I have already copped everything I need for gifts, I also already copped Skyrim, ergo there is nothing left for me to cop. I will not be commanding my father to sit around in a line and cop things for me either.

[quote name='iamsmart']I will not be copping anything this black friday. I have already copped everything I need for gifts, I also already copped Skyrim, ergo there is nothing left for me to cop. I will not be commanding my father to sit around in a line and cop things for me either.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Assuming Amazon price matches Best Buy's prices:

iconbluraypng.png

Sons of Anarchy S1 - S3
Breaking Bad S1 - S3
Mad Men S1 - S4 (maybe)
FLCL: The Complete Series
Crazy Stupid Love (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD + Ultraviolet Digital Copy)
Horrible Bosses (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD + Ultraviolet Digital Copy)
Green Lantern (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD + Ultraviolet Digital Copy)

I want that $200 42" Sharp HDTV that Best Buy will have, but I refuse to line up days before to get it (or anything else) so I pretty much dropped it from my list. My time is much more valuable. Other than that I'm not really looking for anything other than what I listed but I may go out later in the day on Friday and pick through what's left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take back my previous post. At the time, I couldn't think of anything I wanted that I didn't already own, but I wouldn't mind seeing a deal for the Star Wars Blu-ray set.

Im not looking for any big ticket items this year but there are a few minor game and blu ray deals I wouldnt mind, its just a case of I dont know if its worth staying up late for and going to deal with the BS that comes with black friday shopping.

Really REALLY hoping I can get the 4GB Kinect Bundle for 199.99 + 50$ gift card from Walmart, but I really doubt it'll be online :/ The 250GB bundle is nice, but I would honestly rather have a Kinect and just insert my old 120GB hard drive into my slim instead. I've beat Halo Reach and if I want Fable 3 that badly I will just buy it on eBay. Plus, 3 month cards are gonna be 7.99 so there ya go.

Also wanting a ton of TV/movie boxsets on BluRay, Gears 3, and Kinect games if I get an Xbox. Maybe a new graphics card.

Definitely:

160GB PS3 Bundle (probably GameStop since I have some credit)
Uncharted 3 (IF Amazon matches BB)
Some Blus on Amazon...

Maybe:

250GB Xbox 360 (IF online or available late in the day at Walmart)
- I already have a 4GB slim with a 120GB drive in it, but I'd like the legit model, and for $200, it's a steal.

[quote name='rusty']
Maybe:

250GB Xbox 360 (IF online or available late in the day at Walmart)
- I already have a 4GB slim with a 120GB drive in it, but I'd like the legit model, and for $200, it's a steal.[/QUOTE]
So you're gonna spend $200 to get 130GB more HD space and those 2 games when you already have a slim that has a nice amount of HD space in it? The old HDs are the same format, so there's nothing that isn't "legit" about the model Xbox slim you already have.

bread's done
Back