What are your favorite puzzle games?

Scrubking

CAGiversary!
Maybe we can discover some new games that we might enjoy.

Anyway, I usually like to play Kyodai Mahjongg(PC), Bookworm(PC), and my favorite console puzzle game is Tetris Attack(SNES).

Tetris, Tetris Attack, Puyo Puyo, and Bust a Move. I stck with the established ones, or at least find them to be the most fun.

Dr. Mario (NES), New Tetris (N64), Tengen Tetris (NES), Pieces (SNES), Palamedes (NES) for abstract. For more action-oriented stuff, things like Bubble Bobble (NES), Adventures of Lolo series (NES), Splash Lake (TG-16 CD), etc. are good.

1.) Tetris/Dr Mario SNES: The finest Tetris out there.
2.) Tetris Worlds Online XBOX :Bastardized tetris bad, online good
3.)Tetris GB :quick Multiplayer
4.) Building tetris http://bastilleweb.techhouse.org/
5.) Chu Chu Rocket DC/GBA
6.) Puyo Pop GBA/GC
7.)Inteligent Qube
8.) Bombastic/Dungeon Dice: If you consider this a puzzle game. If you do, may I suggest:
9.) Bomberman
9.Columns on Genesis: Layman's Tetris
10. Yoshi

Honorable Mention: Piece Out on Mario Party 5

[quote name='Trakan']Pokemon Puzzle League (N64)

Best Puzzle Game. Ever.[/quote]
Yeah. Just Tetris Attack with Pokemon characters. :p

Mario's Picross, hands down. It's not a typical puzzle game. You fill in a grid with a chisel to make pictures using numbers on either side as a reference. It's crazy-fun and addictive. Only on Game Boy in the U.S., but there is a Super Famicom version too, and a few MAME arcade iterations.

Tengen's NES Tetris is my second choice. Two-player simultaneous, better music, and funny animations of Russian dancers!

Tetris Attack, Puzzle Fighter, and an nes one I think it is called "Pipe Dreams?" you arrange tiles so that ooze flows from start to finish pretty neat game, and that puzzle game that comes with Windows XP Plus! its not on my system so I don't know the name.

Chu Chu rocket thats a fun one (u can play it online for free somewhere)

and Dance Dance Revolution
gamespot says its a puzzle =)

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Tetris Attack, Puzzle Fighter, and an nes one I think it is called "Pipe Dreams?" you arrange tiles so that ooze flows from start to finish pretty neat game, and that puzzle game that comes with Windows XP Plus! its not on my system so I don't know the name.[/quote]

I forgot about pipe dream! That game rocked.

Dr. Mario
Tetris Blast/Attack/original
Super Puzzle Figher 2 Turbo (PS)-My Favorite puzzle game out there or that was ever made. I would love a couple sequels of it on the PS2 or even some to be ported over from Japan.
Bust-a-Move
Chu Chu Rocket
Pokemon Puzzle Leage-pretty fun if you forget about all of the Pokemon, because they can get a little annoying after a while.
Bust-a-Groove was a fun wierd Parrapa the Rapper puzzle game.
Parrapa the Rapper.

Bubble Bobble (NES)
Bubble Bath Babes (NES) - There was actually a decent puzzle game you had to play to get to the nudity
Tetris (GB)
Qix (GB)
Klax (I play it via Midway Arcade Treasures for PS2)
Marble Madness (I play it via Midway Arcade Treasures for PS2)
Tetris/Dr. Mario (SNES)
On The Ball (SNES)
Wario's Woods (SNES)
Spanky's Quest (SNES)
Tetris 2 (SNES)
Tetris Attack (SNES)
Krusty's Super Fun House (SNES)
Columns (Genesis)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis)
Pokemon Puzzle League (N64)
Wetrix (N64)
Puzznic (PSX)
Cleopatra's Fortune (PSX)
Qix Neo (PSX)
Zoocube (GC)

Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Tetris (of course)
Devil Dice
Bombastic
Intelligent Qube
and lest we forget...

NO ONE CAN STOP MR. DOMINO!

Tetris / Dr.Mario (SNES)
Saturn Bomberman (Sega Saturn)
Nintendo Puzzle Collection (GCN)

Those games are all tied for best in my mind. I also like Puyo Pop, Puzzle Fighter, and Bust a Move... but they fall slightly below the mark established in the 3 I mentioned. Nintendo Puzzle Collection is probably the best of the 3 if you get that Hori controller that looks like an SNES one, but with the standard controller, it's just equal.

I'm a big fan of Devil Dice and Intelligent Qube, but have actually been playing "Tall Infinity" lately -- except for eBay, I have never seen this Agtec budget title anywhere else.

It is very Devil Dice like, with some IQ visual elements thrown into the mix.

My local TRU still has 1 copy of Chu Chu Rocket left for DC. If its as good as everyone says I might have to check it out. I'd also like to recomend Devil Crush for the TG-16.

Does anyone remember a DONKEY KONG game for old school gameboy, where it was just level after level of donkey kong, but every level was different? I think it was 9 levels to an area and there were 9 or 10 areas (fire, ice, water, all that junk) and you had to jump around as mario and move blocks and stuff, make certain enemies go certain places. A lot of it was solving puzzles to pick up a key to open the door at the top, if you ever find it, pick it up!!!!! I was like 70 levels in or something when i stopped playing, it belonged to a friend of mine. When you got to the later stages, the game actually got a little difficult, it really made you think.

OBSUCRE BUT GREAT GAME!!!

I got zoocube for GBA for 10 bucks at BB and I've loved it. Also Zoop is a great game, I wish I could find the gamegear version for cheap.

Only a very select group that I know of have played this puzzle game, but its still one of my all-time fav puzzle games (Tricky Kick for Turbografx-16)

daphatty Posted: September 16, 2004, 11:53 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man you guys are weak. You call yourselves gamers?

Baku Baku Animal.

PWNED!

I remember playing a demo of that on Sega Screams Vol. 2 for Saturn and I couldn't figure out what to do.

daikaiju Posted: September 16, 2004, 12:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Tetris (of course)
Devil Dice
Bombastic
Intelligent Qube
and lest we forget...

NO ONE CAN STOP MR. DOMINO!

No One Can Stop Mr. Domino! is a puzzle game at heart, but it's hard to include it with games that are strictly all puzzle (endless mode, no real objective) , but that game is a lot of fun and deserves a sequel.

It's hard to decifer what is stealth, strategy, and puzzle... so many games toe the line like Prince of Persia, Lemmings, or Mario vs. DK

[quote name='NeueZiel']Only a very select group that I know of have played this puzzle game, but its still one of my all-time fav puzzle games (Tricky Kick for Turbografx-16)[/quote]

OH SNAP! I forgot about that one! I remember spending countless hours trying to figure out some of the later levels. Damn that game was hard.....cool music if I remember correctly tho.

bread's done
Back