What are your top 5 DS Game Reccomendations for a new DS Owner?

elite beat agents (rhythm), castlevania: dawn of sorrow or portrait of ruin (2d platformer, kinda like metroid), phoenix wright: ace attorney or Justice for all (text-adventure), meteos or tetris (puzzle) and brain age/big brain academy (edutainment)

1. Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
2. Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
3. Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime
4. Kirby's Canvas Curse
5. Mario Luigi Partners in Time

Trauma Center, Kirby Canvas Curse, and Meteos justify the existence of the touch screen and the DS system.

Rocket Slime, Megaman ZX, and Sonic Rush are fine and fun titles which don't use the touchscreen, but are well worth playing on their own merits.

DS games vary so wildly that I think our recommendations would be much more appropriate for you if you first tell us your favorite genres and games.

That said, if I were to give broad recommendations, I'd list Mario Kart DS, Kirby Canvas Curse (although it's tough to find these days), Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Elite Beat Agents, and New Super Mario Bros.

I just got a DS a few days ago, and my first five games are
Pheonix Wright 1
Partners in Time
Metroid Pinball
Trace memory.
wait, shit, that's only 4.

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, and Dylan!

I mean...

1. New Super Mario Bros
2. Phoenix Wright (I preferred the first one, but both are good)
3. Elite Beat Agents
4. Clubhouse Games
5. Big Brain Academy

It's hard to keep the list to five since there are tons of good DS titles out there.

In no particular order, and in an attempt to vary the genres, I'd reccomend these 5 games for a new DS owner:

-Meteos [puzzle]
-Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow [platform]
-Warioware Touched [minigame]
-Mario Kart DS [racer]
-Cooking Mama [minigameish]/Mario and Luigi Partners in Time [RPG]

The reason I have 2 games split is that Cooking Mama and Warioware are somewhat similar, as they are both minigame-ish.

It's hard to only pick 5 games, though, and hard to tell without any indication of your preferred genre.

I will say, however, that I generally dislike puzzle games but love Meteos.

Hmm ... well, if I had to recommend 5, I'd say:

1. Advance Wars DS--great strategy game with tons of replay value because there's so much content.
2. Tetris DS--IMO, a great update for a classic game
3. New Super Mario Bros.--some think it's too short and easy, but it's a solid platformer and your system probably wouldn't be complete without a Mario game.
4. Phoenix Wright--I'm to the point where I'm finding this game (the original) a little tedious ... but I still think you ought to play it and decide for yourself.
5. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow--I'm recommending this without having even played it yet, simply because I've heard so many awesome things and enjoyed the GBA games so much.

1. Phoenix Wright - text based adventure style with memorable characters and it's pretty funny.
2. Wario Ware: Touched! - shows what the system is really capable of, I got many people hooked on my DS with this game.
3. Tetris DS - it's Tetris with a few different game modes and online play. It's a good time.
4. Animal Crossing DS - slow paced, sim-like game based around making money, paying your mortage, and interacting with AI characters. Also online and a good time.
5. Advance Wars DS - a turn based strategy game that you can save at any time.

The 5 DS games I consider must haves are:

1. New Super Mario Bros. -It's just good. It's not the best Mario platformer, but it's still amazingly good. Just don't expect it to top Super Mario World or SMB3 and you'll enjoy it.

2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- You can't go wrong with either one of these, but I personally prefer the first one.

3. Meteos- This was the first game that made me happy to own a DS. And it's still the best puzzle game on the system, and is definitely worth owning.

4. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow- Just like Phoenix Wright, both of the DS Castlevanias are worth owning. But I prefer the first one, just because I like the soul system. If you like the recent Castlevania games though, you'll want both.

5. Elite Beat Agents- Possibly the best DS game released last year, and for that matter it may even be the best DS game period. This is a game that truely has to be experienced to understand it, as the concept sounds incredibly stupid, and the soundtrack is enough to scare most people away. But if you give it a try, it's amazingly good. Also the Japanese version of this game, Ouendan, is definitely worth importing if you like EBA.

And if I could recommend more than 5, I think Mario Kart DS would be next(as it's the best Mario Kart ever), and Kirby Canvas Curse would be right after that. And then there are plenty of other great games beyond those, but those are the must haves.

For the biggest variety:

1. Animal Crossing Wild World
2. Advanced Wars Dual Strike
3. Castlevania: Dawn/Portrait
4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
5. Mario Kart DS

That's a pretty good mix of stuff even if it's not my personal "Top Five". Also, I hate myself for not listing a puzzle game.

1. New Super Mario Bros.
2. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
3. Animal Crossing: Wild World
4. Brian Age
5. Mario Kart DS

Those are my top five of what I own and have played.

But I would reccomend:

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Elite Beat Agents
Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Either Castlevania, hopefully both
Advance Wars DS
Ace Attorney 1
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Mario Kart DS

It looks like the top 5 most listed recommendations so far have been:

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Meteos

That'd be a great set of games to start with, lanleague!

1. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
2. Animal Crossing: Wild World
3. Mario Kart DS
4. Final Fantasy III
5. Yoshi's Island DS

All of these games are incredibly deep and can keep you occupied for a long time. Also, I feel that Yoshi's Island is the most underrated DS game.

1) Phoenix Wright 1
2) Phoenix Wright 2 (Justice for All)
3) Mario Kart
4) Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
5) Final Fantasy III

1. New Super Mario Bros
2. Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow or Potrait of Ruin (get both eventually but not at the same time since they are fairly similar)
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Meteos
5. Brain Age

Honorable Mentions: Super Princess Peach, Kirby Canvas Curse, Phoenix Wright, Yoshi's Island DS

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Elite Beat Agents
Tetris (online love)
Metroid Pinball
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

My 5 favorites:

Animal Crossing: Wild World
Final Fantasy III
Mario Kart DS
Warioware: Touched

Runner ups:

Kirby: Canvus Curse
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario & Luigi: Partner in Time.

kirbys canvas curse-cheap and best ds game
meteos-very cheap and deep
mairokart or mario 64
the 2 castlevanias, dawn of sorrow is a little bit better
tony hawks american sk8land-highly underrated game

1. New Super Mario Bros
2. Mario Kart DS
3. Yoshi's Island DS
4. Elite Beat Agents
5. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

(in alphabetical order)

Kirby's Canvas Curse
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Brothers
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

All 5 games are phenomenal and worth every penny at retail price.

1. Elite Beat Agents (This shit is addictive, even if you dont like Rythm games give this a chance)
2. Hotel Dusk (or Phoenix Wright)
3. Lunar Knights (or Castlevania DoS/PoR)
4. Mario Kart DS
5. Advance Wars (or puzzle games like Meteos or Tetris)

I dont like platformers so NSMB is not on my list..

3 must haves:
Mario Kart DS (I don't really like racing games, and I couldn't stop playing this)
New Super Mario Bros
Kirby Canvas Curse

1. Elite Beat Agents
2. Mario Kart DS
3. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
5. New Super Mario Bros.

Kindof hard to make a top 5. Anyways:

- New Super Mario Bros.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (THEN Justice for All)
- Kirby Canvas Curse
- Castlevania (Either)
- Final Fantasy III / Elite Beat Agents / Mario Kart DS / Mario and Luigi Partners in Time

Yeah... uhh... Those are my five. *cough*

My top five, in no particular order:

New Super Mario Bros.
Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Meteos

Contact (can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet)
Meteos
Pheonix Wright
Castlevania: DoS
Clubhouse Games

There are too many great titles to pick 5, but you can't go wrong with Tetris DS. I only play standard mode, but I absolutely love the ode to 8-bit Nintendo. I think the

*edit* I wonder where I was going with that last sentence.

bread's done
Back